Watermelon is an amazing fruit with a thousand health benefits. Therefore, it is of no doubt that watermelon seeds, the thing which gives rise to the whole fruit itself will be without benefits. Watermelon seeds are one of the most remarkable seeds to exist.
How To Eat These
There are several ways to eat these miraculous seeds:
- Roast them in an over for about 10-15 minutes and enjoy these as a crispy snack instead of unhealthier crisps.
- Dry them under the sun and add in your favourite seasoning. Can replace popcorn when watching a movie!
- Sprinkle on top of your favourite desserts.
- Add a bunch on your favourite fruits.
There are no proven harms in consuming these. However, always eat in a decent quantity as overdosing on anything does not come with any extra benefits.
- Good for hair: watermelon seeds are abundant in minerals like zinc, copper, magnesium, and iron. These minerals promote healthy hair growth, bring shine, and reduce hair fall.
- Great skin and nails: containing plentiful of the above-mentioned minerals aid in the growth of nails making them strong. Eating these seeds regularly have been shown to reduce acne and balance the texture of skin along with assisting in faster healing and regeneration.
- Controls blood sugar: watermelon seeds have been shown to keep blood sugar levels under control and are therefore recommended for diabetics.
- Fight anxiety and stress: the most abundant nutrient present in watermelon seeds is magnesium. Magnesium is an exceptionally important mineral in the body as it helps in bone turnover, nerve tissue metabolism and muscle functions. Therefore, watermelon seeds help promote brain health fighting depression and anxiety.
- Bone health: being rich in magnesium, these seeds are remarkably beneficial for the bones preventing bone diseases like osteoporosis.
- Heart health: these seeds are rich in calories due to a high fat content. They are rich in in unsaturated fats, omega3 and omega6 fatty acids. We all are aware of the incredible benefits these fats provide especially for the heart. These fats are known to prevent atherosclerosis and as a result put less stress on the heart protecting against heart attacks, the major killer worldwide.
- Blood pressure check: beneficial compounds present in watermelon seeds promote good vascular health keeping blood pressure under control. Combatting hypertension, these seeds can prevent the diseases that arise because of high blood pressure.
- Good for men: problems of reproductive health are common in both genders. These seeds are shown to be of benefit in such problems. Erectile dysfunction is one such issue. ED is a disorder in which the penis fails to sustain erection for the act of coitus to occur. The causes of this disease are many. All seem to relate to poor cardiovascular health or brain health indirectly or causally. Heart failure, high blood pressure, neurodegenerative diseases are some of the causes of this disease. Watermelon is sometimes known as natural Viagra and so it is of no surprise that watermelon seeds are also beneficial in this aspect. The gold standard treatment of erectile dysfunction is oral drugs. These drugs, namely sildenafil, tadalafil (non-generic form is tadarise oral jelly), vardenafil are available throughout the world for the treatment of this condition. These drugs are phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors and are known to dilate penile arterioles to maintain the erection. You can buy these drugs online in Australia at the absolute best rates. Click here to get your hands on the best deals now!
Trying to eat these seeds in a limited quantity daily can work wonders for your health. So next time collect all those seeds after you devour on watermelon!