Temptation kills self-control! If you are a student or writer who is in a hurry to meet deadlines, the first thought that crosses your mind would be using ChatGPT. And your second thought would be can Turnitin detect ChatGPT if you seek help from it? Well, that’s why we are here, to put rest to your fears!
ChatGPT chatbot is the most picked tool for all students and writers according to recent reports. And why not? ChatGPT is helping students in almost everything be it writing essays, preparing reports, or solving math equations, But for once teachers are not worried! They have their ways to detect plagiarised content. So if ChatGPT is your pick too, then you must think twice, and be sure whether can Turnitin detect ChatGPT or not! Otherwise, it will stain your reputation and ruin your career.
With the advancement of AI technology integrating so rapidly into our lives, professors got worried that kids may use AI writing tools to produce unoriginal work. But these worries are unfounded because of the technology behind Turnitin.
Can Turnitin Detect ChatGPT?
Yes, Turnitin detect ChatGPT by providing Similarity Score and Originality Report that will help in detecting AI-generated text including ChatGPT. If a few years back, someone had told you that you’ll be able to write or prepare anything without any research in just a matter of seconds, you would have laughed at his face. But, this imagination is turning into a dark reality. Not for the students though!
ChatGPT effectively generates various kinds of college and school assignments in a matter of minutes! It was clear from ChatGPT’s rising popularity among students, that students are relying on it more often than they ought to. So, professors and educators had to rely on AI text detection by Turnitin in order to be sure can Chat GPT be detected. So, the first to-go tool was Turnitin, but it was not able to detect ChatGPT written text earlier. Now according to recent updates, Turnitin is able to detect ChatGPT.
Also Read: How To Make ChatGPT Write Longer? A Complete Guide!
According to Turnitin, now their technology is able to distinguish between writing that is produced and supported by AI, such as ChatGPT. The reports say that now it includes a new feature; an AI writing indicator that will highlight any potential AI-generated content.
Their flagship tool, Turnitin Originality, is designed to carefully assess the originality of student work and can detect specific forms of writing that have been helped by artificial intelligence.
Also Read: How To Use ChatGPT Without Phone Number? 7 Easy Ways!
Does Turnitin Detect ChatGPT?
Yes, Turnitin detect ChatGPT if you copy-paste the content. Because ChatGPT can’t bring authentic data as the AI language model can only generate content depending on what is filled into the program. However, this is absolutely true if you are filling in copied content from any other source then you will be getting what you have entered into the system.
For instance, if you entered something related to “Why the sky is blue”, and copied a paragraph about something related to the keyword and pasted it into ChatGPT to generate outcomes, the resulting content provided by the AI will also include the text which was copied and pasted into the system of Turnitin Chat GPT.
This is because the data entered into the program is already copied from some other source, which is generating content that includes copied texts on Turnitin ChatGPT.
Also Read: How To Use ChatGPT Plugins?
How Does Turnitin Detect ChatGPT?
The main purpose of Turnitin is to prevent and avoid students from getting into plagiarizing. So, it provides a Similarity index and originality report to support its identification.
Teachers and lecturers have the option of uploading an assignment directly to the Turnitin website or submitting it via the university’s online learning platform. Then, as per the given due date, students are required to upload and submit their separate tasks online. Once the students are done with the submission of their assignments, the Turnitin Checker will get the ball rolling. It will analyze and examine each and every sentence of the entire submitted work to detect the plagiarised text and provide references that match the original source.
In its latest developments, Turnitin’s capability to detect AI-written content has advanced. Now Turnitin provides:
- Similarity Score
- Originality Report
- AI detection Score
1. Similarity Index: With regard to academic, online, and student paper content, Turnitin’s software compares the submitted content with a variety of databases of content already available. Then, it starts to hunt for similarities and notifies with a percentage that includes similar or plagiarised content. The similarity index will accurately show you the instances of matched content in the submitted article. The similarity score and resulting report is available to students. After that, they can look for what needs to be changed in order to avoid similarities.
2. Originality Report: As the originality report, it provides a full-fledged report of the plagiarised content along with the sources that are available in the Turnitin database including blog posts, websites, posts, articles already published, or somewhere in the deep ocean of data.
3. AI writing detection score: The AI writing detection score indicates the percentage of text that has been determined to be generated by AI. The AI detection score and resulting report is available to instructors only.
While assessing AI language models with Turnitin, keep in mind that here is a big difference between the similarity score and the AI detection score. At this time, students do not have access to the AI detection score. However, the AI writing detection feature will be offered to institutions as an additional product after 2023
This is how does Turnitin detect AI. So, for those who are still not sure whether can Turnitin detect ChatGPT there’s the answer about Turnitin’s effectiveness against ChatGPT plagiarism.
If you are becoming dependent on ChatGPT and other AI writing tools, Don’t! You can achieve nothing with shortcuts, especially regarding your education. Build your career by doing hard work.
Also Read: Can ChatGPT Be Detected As Plagiarism?
How Can Teachers Detect AI Writing?
With AI detection tools, more accurately we can say ChatGPT plagiarism checkers, teachers can detect AI writing appropriately. Some of the best plagiarism checkers are: Turnitin, OpenAI text Classifier, GPTZero, Grammarly, QueText, etc.
- Apart from using these AI detection tools or Turnitin Chat GPT detector, teachers can detect ChatGPT text by analyzing the tone, context, style, and language of the submitted work.
- Also, Bot uses certain phrases or words that only students normally don’t use that clearly displays the use of ChatGPT and academic integrity getting compromised.
- Additionally, the assignment will clearly have some technical jargon and content that may not be covered in the syllabus! So, professors can easily detect ChatGPT text by having a glance at the paper.
- Teachers can also ask the students to explain the idea or concept in their own words and understanding behind the given assignment. This will help the instructors to detect AI written content.
Can Universities Detect ChatGPT?
Yes ofcourse! Universities can detect ChatGPT or any other AI-written content. As students and scholars heavily rely on ChatGPT or any other AI tools to support their work, teachers are worried that students are jeopardizing their careers by using ChatGPT more than they should be. So, when students have a cheat code ChatGPT to excel in their studies, teachers are having another, plagiarism detection softwares!!!
Check Out More Articles On ChatGPT
- How To Fix [pii_pn_4d40d7a4731838dd2fdc] error? Top Four Simple Fixes
- How To Integrate ChatGPT On Tinder? A Complete Guide!
- How To Fix ChatGPT 1 Hour Limit Error In 2023? Fixes To Try!!
- How To Delete ChatGPT Conversation History? Steps Explained!
- How To Invest In ChatGPT? Invest In AI!
- How To Download ChatGPT On Android? A Quick Guide On Chatgpt Download!
- ChatGPT Messenger Bot | How To Integrate It?
- Chat GPT Vs Google | Answers You Are Looking For 2023!
- ChatGPT Vs Virtual Assistant | All You Need To Know!
- How To Fix ChatGPT Only One Message At A Time Error In 2023? 4 Easy Fixes To Chat GPT Error Message!
Turnitin and AI-generated content go hand in hand. Where AI-generated content is helping students scoring good marks, Turnitin on the other hand, is helping teachers and professors in shattering the dreams of millions of students getting the homework and assignments done without any effort. However, in the long run, it’s better if you learn the skills and be intellectual. Because, as long as instructors are detecting AI-generated text with Turnitin, you cannot depend upon these AI tools to work for you. Unless you smartly get the work done!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can Turnitin Identify ChatGPT-Generated Text?
Yes, Turnitin can identify ChatGPT-Generation text. As per recent developments, Turnitin provides Similarity Score and Originality Report that will help in detecting AI-generated text with Turnitin.
Q2. Can Turnitin Detect Quillbot?
Yes Turnitin can detect plagiarism from Quillbot to an extent that mainly depends upon varfious factors such as length of the text, content quality, usage of phrases and unusual words, context and settings.
Q3. Can Scribbr Detect ChatGPT?
Yes, Scribbr can detect ChatGPT very accurately, especially when texts are edited. So, if you think Scribbr cannot detect AI-generated content, you are very much in dark.
Q4. Can Grammarly Detect ChatGPT?
If you think that Grammarly is used for checking grammar only, then you are very much wrong. Grammarly can very easily detect plagiarism along with grammar, spelling, readability, conciseness, punctuation, word choice, etc.