Teachers from Pierre, Mobridge, Timber Lake and Wolsey-Wessington are among those selected for the South Dakota Statewide Family Engagement Center’s second cohort of Family Engagement Champions.
Information from SDSFEC says over the course of five months, cohort members will learn about the power of true school and family partnerships, reflect on current practices in their work environments and create activities that facilitate school, family and community engagement.
The following educators have been chosen to participate in the Spring 2021 Cohort of Family Engagement Champions:
- Mobridge-Pollock Upper Elementary (Mobridge)–Jessica Plfiger, Jody Kludt
- Georgia Morse Middle School (Pierre)– Kyley Cumbow, Alana Traversie
- Timber Lake Elementary (Timber Lake)– Danae Paxton, Jennifer Schoelerman, Alision Nilson
- Wolsey-Wessington School (Wolsey)– Tammy Luce, Jason Bishop
- Tri-Valley School District (Colton)– Casey Elder, Keeley Kotula
- Flandreau School District (Flandreau)– Jenn Reiff, Marie Ivers
- Iroquois Elementary (Iroquois)– Heidi Stroud, Sara Heffner
- Dakota Valley Middle School (North Sioux City)– Kelli Tuttle, Linda Steele
- Joe Foss at Axtell Park (Sioux Falls)– Tyler Engelson, Dawn Johnson
- O’Gorman Catholic Schools (Sioux Falls)– Edwin Fink, Megan Staebell
- Roosevelt High School (Sioux Falls)– Nicole Fette, Marta Roberts
- Sturgis Elementary (Sturgis)– Melissa Pankratz, Lyndee Fogelman, Angie Langenfeld
- Roosevelt Elementary (Watertown)– Heather DeBoer, Kelsey Popham
- Watertown High School (Watertown)– Michelle Mehlberg, Stephanie Hageman
- South Central Child Development (Wagner)–Jessica Schulte, Courtney Brink
The South Dakota Statewide Family Engagement Center unites students, families, schools and communities together by focusing on learner needs from “cradle to career.” SFEC strives to ensure that all learners—especially English Language Learners, economically disadvantaged learners and minority students—have the supports they need to achieve academic, career and life goals.