Ever wondered what your eye color depicts? I guess most of us think about what it reflects and whether we should be happy about it or feel sad about it. Every different color like blue, brown, hazel, grey, and green plays a different role in your life. So don’t you want to know facts about your eyes? If you have green eyes or even any other color eyes, here are the facts about green color eyes that will fascinate you.
Let me tell you that if you have green eyes then you should feel good about it, as green color is associated with envy. The green color is one of the most attractive eye colors and is also considered the rarest eye color. But in some countries it is common. Just like in Iceland, a lot of people there have green eyes. In fact, 80% of the population in Iceland has either green eyes or blue eyes.
Girls having green-colored eyes are just considered extra charming and now we’ll get to know the reason why by just knowing the facts about green color eyes. It doesn’t matter if you have any other eye color like brown, blue, or hazel, green color eye facts are just amazing for everyone to read.
Scientists think that eye color is a simple genetic trait but now they believe that it is a complex one. So from this, we can consider that the genetic trait for eye color is determined by multiple pairs of genes interacting with each other and not only by a single pair.
Facts About Green Color Eyes
Well as I told you earlier that green eyes are considered the most attractive eye color in the world so maybe that’s the one reason we love them so much. So let’s start with the different biological facts, Cool Facts, and some fun facts that you should know about green color eyes.
Biological Facts About Green Color Eyes
Although there are many biological facts about green color eyes that you might not know, like the one that the green eyes people are actually mutants! So want to know more such facts? Just let’s start here.
- There are more chances of women having green colored eyes than men and the fun fact in this is that the scientists don’t know the reason behind it.
- No babies are born with green color eyes initially so maybe if you see any baby having green eyes it may have developed between three to six months of their age.
- Green eyes aren’t actually green in color. They may appear green to us but it’s not. As there is no green pigment in anyone’s eyes. Eye color is a mixture of light brown and amber in the iris and a yellow pigment called lipochrome and a little Rayleigh scattering(the scattering process that makes the sky look blue) gives a blue shade. All these are formed together and they make some eyes look green.
- If your eyes color is green then you are a mutant! Wait wait, nothing scary is going to happen or grow out of your eyes, it’s just a genetic mutation of the eye just like the blue-colored eyes.
- Green-colored eyes have one of the lowest concentrations of melanin than any other eye color aside from blue.
- Some people just confuse hazel eyes and green eyes but these two are totally different.
- Green eyes are more common in the western world, anyone in any race can develop green eyes. Just as in the Middle East, South Asia, and Africa many have green eyes.
- People with green color eyes are more likely to experience light sensitivity as light-colored irises are at a higher risk of sensitivity. This will include blue eyes as well as those with green eye color.
- Congenital heterochromia is one condition that affects around six out of 1000 people and it is the condition that people have two different colored eyes! Jane Seymour, one of the Hollywood actresses, has one green eye and one brown eye.
- The chances of having green eyes and red hair are very less.
Cool Facts About Green Color Eyes
Some of the cool facts about green color eyes from plants to animals to people are just here.
- One thing is clear that not only humans have green eyes.
- Many animals like snakes, house cats, frogs, panthers, monkeys, cheetahs, lemurs including many reptiles and birds have green-colored eyes.
- Also, there is one plant called green eye that has beautiful magenta and yellow flowers with a green center. That plant is called green eyes because of the center of the flower that resembles the bright green eyes.
- There is no limitation of the colors of the animals to the colors of the humans, as many animals have eyes in shades of orange, yellow, and red.
Fun Facts About Green Color Eyes
These fun facts are very cool and maybe you can relate to some of them. They aren’t factual and they are just for fun. These Fun facts will surely entertain you as these will go from personality traits to the meaning of the green eyes.
- One of the myths about green color eyes is that people having green eyes live longer lives.
- There is one crazy saying that people who have blue and green eyes result from aliens coming to earth and they inject their DNA into human bodies so that the children develop these bright eyes.
- Green was believed to be a symbol of life, rebirth, and good health in ancient Egypt. That’s why the eye of Horus amulet, which Egyptians used to protect themselves from any disease, was made from greenstone.
- One of the interesting and fun facts about green eyes is that people who have green eyes are just more intelligent, extroverts, mysterious, creative, intuitive, loyal, and outgoing.
- It is believed that men who have green colored eyes are more likely to be great inventors and funnier.
- This eye color is used to symbolize the strength of one’s soul.
- People with green eyes are more prone to jealousy very often.
- The deeper the color of their eyes the healthier they are.
- Most charming women are with dark green eyes.
- People who have green-colored eyes are more likely to be connected with nature.
Celebrities With Green Color Eyes
You also think that green eyes just look different and you get noticed every time if yes then you are right maybe. Here is a list of some singers, actors, and some celebrities that have green eyes:
- Emma Stone
- Paul Rudd
- Amanda Seyfried
- Alicia Silverstone
- Elisabeth Olsen
- Jon Hamm
- Jenna Dewan
- Tyra Banks
- Channing Tatum
- Charlize Theron
- John Krasinski
- Kate Hudson
- Joaquin Phoenix
- Smokey Robinson
- Kristen Stewart
- Kate Middleton (Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge)
- Eddie Redmayne
- Scarlett Johansson
- Daniel Day-Lewis
So these were all the friendly, fun, and coolest facts about the green color eyes. Well according to me people with green-colored eyes tend to be kind and sweet or might make you look a little sweeter. And if you really wish that you had green eyes then there is also one option to wear contact lenses.
Featured Image Credits- Guy Counselling