TikTok is no stranger to controversies but that didn’t stop the app from becoming one of the most popular social platforms after Instagram. TikTok takes the creativity of the follower apps like “Likee” and “Muscial.ly” and combines them to make one of the most purely fun social apps around.
Much of the success comes from the tools it gives to creative users. While many choose to use pre-existing sounds, you aren’t limited to the sounds already uploaded to TikTok. Making your own unique sound is super easy once you know where to look.
Whether you wish to add your own sound on TikTok or Want to add your own music to TikTok we got you 2 simple and quick ways to do so. You can do this editing using both Android and iPhone. Make sure you have downloaded the TikTok app on your phone.
First things first, if you’re going to use any pre-recorded videos to add a new sound to it, then be ready with that video. Or if you haven’t shot the video yet, do the shooting part first.
How To Add Your Own Sound On TikTok
Here are the super-easy steps to add your own sound on TikTok. Grab your phone and tap TikTok to get started.
- Open TikTok on your phone. Tap on the “+” icon on the bottom of the display to open the creation tab.
- Then either use the shadow button to record a new video or use any pre-existing video on your phone using the “upload” button on the right side.
- When you’ve recorded or selected your clip, hit “next”.
- Regardless of whether you recorded a new video on TikTok or uploaded one from your device, you have to look for the editing screen in TikTok that gives you the voice-over option in the top right corner of the screen.
- Voiceover plays back your video where you press and hold a new record button allowing you to create new audio to be used for the original video.
- Obviously, it works best for voiceover videos. But it also works for adding music that you can find on the TikTok sounds library.
- If you’re recording a new sound, make sure you select or deselect the “keep original sound” option in the bottom left corner. This will determine whether or not your clip has the original sound recorder for your video.
- Or you can replace the sound entirely. When you are ready to move on, press “save” to return to the editing screen.
*Note: That’s not the only way to add your own sound to TikTok of course. You can also use the upload feature to upload a pre-edited video. Any mobile video editing software like Quick or Inshot makes it super easy to control your video’s sound options.
Let’s talk about one of these video editing apps to add your own music to TikTok.
How To Add Your Own Music To TikTok Videos Using Inshot Video Editor
If you don’t want to use the songs inside of the TikTok library and want to add a song from somewhere else, here are the steps you need to follow to do that.
Go to the app store and look for a video editor. There are many video editing apps on the play store, but my favorite is this app called “Inshot Video Editor’. Make sure you have downloaded the Inshot video editing app on your mobile. Now let’s move ahead with the procedure to add your own music to TikTok using Inshot.
- Open the Inshot app. There you’ll find the “Video” option. Click on that to add your desired video that you want to edit.
- Your phone’s gallery will show up with all the videos in it. Choose the video from there you want to edit. The video will be imported.
- Now, If your video already contains some sound, you can mute it by pressing the “track” option at the right bottom corner.
- Change the sound to zero. Now, you won’t have any sound on your video and you can add your music to it.
- At the bottom left you’ll find the “music” button. Click on it.
- From here you either record your own video with music playing in the background from some other device or you can go to “tracks” and add your music.
- Click on “tracks” and then go to “import music”. You’ll find a number of music tracks to choose a sound from. Select anyone you like.
- Now that you’ve added the sound, it’s time to edit the sound. To edit the sound you need to click on the “edit” button.
- You can now trim short your video from any portion of that video and adjust the volume. Click on “checkmark”.
- Return back to the selected video. From the bottom drag the edited sound on the original video. Once done, click “save”.
- You can save and export the video to your phone’s gallery and use it later to add to your TikTok.
So, you see, creating or adding your own sound on TikTok is not that hard. You can add your favorite songs or voice overs to TikTok videos and make them look original with your creativity. Enjoy!!
Featured Image Credits: YouTube