Have you subscribed to an Xbox game pass, but no longer want to continue paying for the Xbox game pass? Then you need to know how to cancel Xbox game pass, which, you will find out in this post.
PS and Xbox are quite popular among those who love gaming. And, if you are fond of gaming, then you probably have either of them. Xbox lets you play over 100 amazing games on it for which you need to subscribe to Xbox game pass.
But, it is not necessary that you have time for playing games on Xbox throughout the year. At that time there is a need to cancel Xbox game pass. You can cancel your Xbox pass either directly from your Xbox console, or through any web browser.
Do you want to save your money and hence, need to cancel your Xbox game pass? Don’t worry then, we will provide you with detailed steps on how to cancel Xbox game pass.
What Services Do You Get With Xbox Game Pass?
First, you need to be aware of what the Xbox game pass provides you with. In return for a monthly fee that you pay for your Xbox game pass, Xbox gets you more than 100 games in a rotating library that you can choose for playing.
You also get online access along with great discounts. Xbox also lets the users stream their games if they have purchased an Xbox game pass.
Related: How To Get HBO Max On Xbox | Just 8 Steps To Follow
How To Cancel Xbox Game Pass On PC Or Mobile?
You can cancel your Xbox game pass without even using your Xbox console through a web browser. For that, you will need a PC, a Smartphone, or even a tablet will work. Here are the steps that you will need to follow if you want to know as to how to cancel Xbox game pass on your PC or Smartphone:
- Open any web browser on your device. Go to the services page of Microsoft.
- Here, sign in to your account. Once you are signed in, click on the profile icon of your account present at the top right of the screen.
- Here, log in to your Xbox account now.
- Now, on your Xbox account. go to the Xbox game pass.
- On the tab at the top of the screen, you will find the “Services&subscriptions” menu. Click on it.
- A menu will appear where you get the options for managing or buying Microsoft services.
- Now, scroll through the menu and click on the “Manage” option in the Xbox game pass ultimate section. If you find the “Payment & billing” option in place of Manage, then click on it.
- Cancel the subscription here by clicking on “Cancel”. Confirm the cancelation.
Once you have followed these steps as directed, the subscription to your Xbox pass will be canceled.
Related: Xbox One Turns On By Itself | Possible Reasons & Its Fixes
How To Cancel Xbox Game Pass On Xbox?
You can also cancel your Xbox game pass directly on your Xbox console, as well as manage your payments and billing from there too. Following are the steps that you can follow if you want to cancel your Xbox game pass on Xbox itself.
- Turn on your Xbox console and press the Xbox button present at the top of your controller.
- This will open the Xbox guide.
- On the drop-down menu on the screen, press the X icon in your profile icon present at the top right of the screen.
- Now, go to the Settings menu by pressing X on the “Settings” option.
- In the Settings menu, press X on the Account option present right below the General settings.
- Select the “Subscriptions” option from the panel on the right side.
- Now, you will see all the active services on your Xbox on the screen. Press X to select the service that you want to cancel.
- You will see the option to cancel the subscription. Select it and your subscription to the Xbox game pass will be canceled.
How To Turn Off Recurring Billing Of Xbox Game Pass?
If the Recurring billing is turned on on your Xbox, then you will be charged the subscription fee right when your due date arrives.
If you don’t want Xbox to automatically deduct money from your account for the Xbox pass subscription, then you will need to turn off the recurring billing of your Xbox game pass.
To turn off the recurring billing of your Xbox game pass, follow the steps below.
- Go back to the “Services & Subscriptions” menu.
- Scroll down to find the Xbox game pass ultimate tab.
- Click on the “Turn off recurring billing” option.
- Confirm your decision for the same.
Once you have turned off recurring billing of your Xbox game pass, your subscription to the Xbox game pass will automatically be canceled just as the period of your current subscription ends.
Related: How To Get Paramount Plus On Xbox | All Doubts Resolved!
Can’t Find Built-In Cancel Option For Xbox Pass?
In case you are unable to find the options to cancel your Xbox gaming pass, then you can go for this alternative method that will let you cancel your Xbox pass subscription.
- On your Xbox console controller, press the Xbox button, the one with the X symbol on it.
- Go to the “Profile & system” menu.
- Select the “Settings” menu from here.
- Go to the Account Settings of your Xbox.
- Here, select the Subscriptions option provided on the panel on the right.
- Select the service that you want to cancel and tap on the “View and Manage subscription” option.
- Now, the Xbox will load the official website of Microsoft from the web browser.
- On the browser, you will automatically be logged in to your Microsoft account.
- Here, you will see the “Manage” option, select it.
- On the right side of your, Xbox game pass ultimate, you will see the “Cancel subscription” button. Click on it and cancel your subscription to your Xbox game pass.
Related: How To Install Discord On Xbox One & Xbox 360?
Here is how to cancel Xbox game pass.
We have explained to you all the possible ways in which you can cancel your Xbox gaming pass subscription. Do not waste any more of your time and cancel the subscription now so that no more of your money gets charged for the subscription that you are not even using.