State Bank of India is a public sector bank that’s owned by the Government of India. In addition to offering banking services across the entire country, SBI is also into providing credit card services as well. In fact, SBI cards are one of the most popular and sought-after credit cards in the country. It offers plenty of advantages like reward points for every transaction you make, which you can then redeem for exciting offers and rewards. If you’re wondering how to redeem your SBI credit card reward points, check out the process below.
Why apply for SBI Cards?
As you’ve already seen above, the ability to earn reward points is one of the many reasons why you should apply for SBI cards. That said, it’s not the only one. Another major reason why you should apply for an SBI card, if you don’t have one already, is the plethora of different credit card choices that you get. There are as many as 70 different types of credit cards, with each one offering different benefits for the consumer.
About SBI Reward Points
Now, one of the major highlights or advantages of having an SBI credit card is the reward points that you accumulate with each transaction. Depending on the credit card that you possess and the kind of transaction that you make, the amount of reward points that you accumulate can vary. For instance, the SBI Card Elite offers 2 reward points for every Rs. 100 that you spend (except fuel spends).
Although most transactions allow you to accumulate SBI credit card reward points, there are certain specific ones that are not eligible for reward points. Here’s a quick look at them.
- Cash withdrawal transactions
- Transactions that are disputed
- Balance Transfer transactions
- Loading of any e-wallets using your SBI credit card
- Encash transactions
- Dial-a-draft transactions
- Fuel spends
- Financial transactions like late payment fees and cheque dishonouring fees
How to redeem SBI Credit Card rewards?
Now that you know all about SBI credit card reward points, let’s take a look at how you can redeem them. There are two different ways to do it – through the SBI Card website and through the SBI Card mobile application. Here’s a more in depth look at both methods.
Through the SBI Card website
- Visit the SBI Card website.
- Login using your user credentials.
- Click on the ‘Rewards’ option and then the ‘Redeem Rewards’ option.
- Here, you can see the rewards catalogue and the amount of reward points you’ve accumulated.
- Choose the reward that you wish to buy and click on the ‘Redeem Now’ button.
- Depending on the reward that you chose, you will either receive it via an SMS or email.
Through the SBI Card mobile application
- Download the SBI card mobile application on your smartphone.
- Log into it using your user credentials.
- Select the ‘Rewards’ option on the left side of the app and tap on the ‘Redeem Rewards’ button.
- Browse through the rewards catalogue and choose the one that you wish to buy.
- Tap on the ‘Redeem’ button.
How to contact the SBI Card customer care?
If you have any questions or doubts regarding the SBI credit card reward points redemption, don’t worry. You can always get in touch with customer care representatives by contacting the SBI credit card toll-free number – 1860 180 1290.
There is also an alternate SBI credit card toll free number that you can contact apart from the one above – 1860 500 1290 and 1800 180 1290. Or, you can also contact the following number – 39020202, prefixed with your local STD code as well.
As you can clearly see, redeeming accumulated SBI credit card reward points is exceptionally easy and takes only a couple of minutes. Generally, depending on the kind of reward that you opt for, it might take anywhere from 5 days to 15 days for you to receive it. If you haven’t received the rewards even after the above-mentioned timeline, you can always contact the SBI credit card toll-free number for assistance.