In recent times Instagram has been the most famous photo, video and Instagram reels sharing platform. Since the launch of this interactive platform, it has been quite popular among celebrities, influencers, leaders, brands, family, friends, and more.
It is the cultural powerhouse of today as it has become a part of the daily life of more than a billion people worldwide.
This application allows you to keep a check on what’s happening in the lives of people around you. Apart from posting and sharing photos & videos, it also allows you to create reels, stories, do live sessions, etc.
If you also have an Instagram account but aren’t sure how to effectively use its trending & popular features, then you have landed on the right place.
As here in this information-packed article, we will be telling you everything related to Instagram reels. Without any further ado, let’s get started.
What are Instagram Reels?
It is an exciting feature that allows users to interact with their followers through 15 to 60-second short clips. The users can record the clips, edit them by adding music, effects, filters, etc.
And then share the same in Instagram stories, feed, and on the Instagram reel tab. They can be either recorded right from Instagram or any external source and then uploaded to Instagram.
The videos and the content generated through Instagram reels should be fun & creative and should entertain the viewers.
If you want to engage more and more people, then; posting reels on your Instagram account will be the best option.
According to; the algorithm’s calculations, Instagram also shows users the reels of the accounts of brands & influencers whom they do not follow and urges people to follow, connect, and engage with you.
Sometime, accounts of brand and influencers are being private and you are unable to view their account. In this situation you can use one of the working private Instagram viewer tools i.e., InstaLooker and IGLookup to view private Instagram account.
Which it thinks the user might like based on their previous choices & preferences. Thus, for influencers, it is the best way to interact and gain new followers.
How to make a Reel on Instagram?
There are two ways to create reels on Instagram. You can develop reels by pressing and holding the record button to capture the desired footage.
Also, you can upload a pre-recorded & pre-edited video from your camera roll. But if you are making a reel for the very first time, then follow the below-mentioned steps, for the same –
- You can create Instagram reels by clicking on the home screen, stories camera, or the reels tab.
- After clicking on the reels option, use the four tools given on the left side of the screen and prepare for recording.
These tools are-
(1) Audio- Select the music you want to insert in your reels from your Instagram library. (2) Speed- Click this option to change the speed of your video.
(3) Effects- Tap this option to add specific effects and filters in your reels to make them look fascinating.
(4) Timer- Determine the length of your video and then set the same by using this option.
- After setting the four tools, tap and hold the record button to record the clip when you are ready. You can also set up the countdown using the timer tool for hands-free recording.
- You can tap the record button to start and stop the recording multiple times. After recording a clip, an ‘Align‘ tool will appear along with the previously mentioned tools. This is a valuable tool for those who want to record transition videos. It allows you to line up objects from past clips before recording a new one.
- After recording a perfect Instagram reel, you can add stickers, text, and drawings to enhance and edit your reel.
How to Share Instagram Reels?
Follow these steps to share reels on Instagram with others –
- Once you are satisfied with your creation, you can tap on the next button to go to the share page.
- Click on the cover option to choose a video thumbnail and cover photo. You can also add some captions underneath.
- If you do not want to share the made Instagram reel right away, you can click on, ‘Save as draft‘ option or share your creation to the reels tab.
- Your audience will be able to access it easily through the reels tab in your account.
- You can also share your reels on your Instagram feed, and it will then appear along with your other posts.
How to Add Music to Reels on Instagram?
An Instagram reel with music is much more attractive and fun to watch. If you also want to add music to your Instagram reels in 2022, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the Instagram stories option at the top-left corner of the window.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see various options. Slide towards the right of the screen to choose the reels option.
- When the reel screen downloads, you will find various tools on the left panel of the screen. From there, choose the audio option.
- A new screen will appear; from here, you can either choose your favorite music or tone from the trending list or type the name of the music you are looking for in the search bar. Or you can also choose the desired theme from your previously saved collection by clicking on the save option.
- After you have found out the perfect song, click on it to select the part of it you want to use in your Instagram reel. You will see a bar at the bottom of the screen. Slide it to choose the desired part.
- Tap on the ‘done‘ button once you are finished choosing the song.
Suppose you are new to Instagram and want to create reels. But have no saved music, or while going through Instagram reels, if you love any music or tone used by someone in their reels and want to use the same.
You can tap on the music file appearing at the bottom of the reel, and the audio page will load. You can save that song by tapping on the save icon.
How to Use Instagram Reels?
Reels on Instagram is the best method to build and grow a community of followers on Instagram.
It is a fun and interactive way to keep your audience engaged by sharing original or creative content.
Suppose you are an influencer or running a business on Instagram. In that case, the feature of Instagram reels will surely help you boost your customer engagement and marketing strategy.
You can create Instagram reels for –
Educational Content- Creating a reel is the best method of sharing a piece of educational information. Use proper captions and hashtags to help followers take advantage of your content and increase engagement.
Showcase Products– Instagram reels are the best way to showcase the products sold by your business. Use appropriate hashtags and descriptive captions to serve the right audiences through an Instagram algorithm.
Behind the Scenes Content– When you share behind-the-scenes of your business or work, the viewers will be able to know you in a better way through reels on Instagram.
Announcing sales and offers on products– You can make Instagram reels to promote offers or discounts on certain products. Stay authentic and genuine while creating such reels, do not sound too pushy.
We hope that this article about Instagram reels has benefitted you in every possible way. It will take you some time and effort to create a perfect Instagram reel, and all you need to do is be patient while creating a reel.
You can also download Instagram reels to share and entertain users on other platforms as well.
So, what are you waiting for now? Plan interesting content for creating reels on Instagram today.