Outer Banks Season 2: The first season of “Outer Banks” premiered on April 15, 2020, and although it did not end with a cliffhanger, it did leave the door open for a second installment of the Netflix series. Here is everything about Outer Banks Season 2 Release Date, Cast, Trailer, Plot and much more
The streaming giant has not yet given the green light for new episodes of youth fiction. However, showrunner Jonas Pate revealed that he is writing another season while in quarantine and viewing the show as a “four-season novel.”
In an interview, Pate also mentioned that the new episodes of “Outer Banks” will probably occur in the Bahamas.
Outer Banks Season 2 Plot
There are plenty of avenues for a season two to take as the final episode left fans with so many questions.
There are hopes John B and Sarah will be taken to the Bahamas on the boat, thanks to the crew who saved them.
Fans are hoping they will finally locate the treasure linked to the disappearance of John B’s dad.
The rest of the gang are unaware their friends are still alive, so it will be interesting to see how they make the discovery and how they cope without John B and Sarah in the meantime.
Season two is also likely to see the comeuppance of Ward, as police have started to grow more suspicious of him, with John B ratting him out in front of police.
ACTORS AND CHARACTERS OF “OUTER BANKS” 2
Netflix has yet to officially announce which actors will return for the second season of “Outer Banks” or whether new characters will be added to the story. As of now, we are expecting these characters to be back.
- Chase Stokes as John B, the Pogues ringleader
- Madelyn Cline as Sarah Cameron, Princess of the Kooks, and John B.’s love interest
- Madison Bailey as Kiara “Kie,” a trust fund girl who hangs out with the Pogues and Sarah’s former best friend
- Jonathan Davis as Pope, the brain of the Pogues
- Rudy Pankow as JJ, John B’s best friend since third grade who is a surfer
- Austin North as Topper, Sarah’s boyfriend and fellow Kook who despises the Pogues
- Charles Esten as Ward Cameron, John B’s boss, and Sarah’s father
- Drew Starkey as Rafe Cameron, Sarah’s older brother
RELEASE DATE OF THE OUTER BANKS SEASON 2
The second season of “Outer Banks” does not yet have a premiere date on Netflix, but the new episodes could reach the streaming platform in late 2021. However, due to COVID-19, it is likely to take even longer to reach the streaming platform.
If the streaming platform renews “Outer Banks” for a second season, the team probably won’t start filming until late 2020 or early 2021, due to series and movie productions having been stopped due to the coronavirus.