Quarantine requirements reviewed for some NSW travellers

Some travellers from NSW can apply to SA Health for a review of their quarantine requirements. Picture Emma Brasier.

Travellers who entered South Australia from NSW and are quarantining can now apply to have their isolation shortened.

SA Health announced on Thursday that those who arrived in the state between January 8-13 and are undertaking 14 days of quarantine can apply for a review of their requirements.

Each application will be assessed on “a case-by-case basis”.

Read Next

In order for shortened isolation to be approved, travellers must be able to provide evidence that they have not been in a prohibited location in the preceding 14 days.

People who entered South Australia from NSW between January 8-13 and arein quarantine can apply for a review of their quarantine requirement. Picture: Emma Brasier.
People who entered South Australia from NSW between January 8-13 and arein quarantine can apply for a review of their quarantine requirement. Picture: Emma Brasier.

Suitable evidence includes food and petrol receipts, bank statements and accommodation records.

“People must remain in quarantine until they receive written advice from SA Health or their quarantine period ends,” SA Health said in a statement.

“People who entered SA before January 8, 2021 must remain in quarantine for the remainder of their 14 days.”

Applications with all supporting evidence can be made using the SA Health essential traveller exemption application.

Two people who had been to the Hotel Grand Chancellor in Brisbane entered South Australia but are no longer in the state. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Dan Peled
Two people who had been to the Hotel Grand Chancellor in Brisbane entered South Australia but are no longer in the state. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Dan Peled

SA Health has also advised that two people who had been in Brisbane’s Hotel Grand Chancellor — where a worker contracted the UK variant of COVID-19 and sparked a three day lock down — had entered the state.

They have been followed up by health authorities and are no longer in South Australia.

“We are in the process of confirming if an additional two people from the hotel have recently arrived via Victoria,” SA Health said.

There were no new COVID-19 infections recorded in SA on Thursday, with the state’s total number of cases remaining at 590.

Of that total, only 11 are considered active.

More stories on this topic

Topics

Read Next

Source link

    ALSO READ  Has wasteful Aussie star played his last Test?
    About Lokesh Jaral 50710 Articles
    Being an enthusiast who likes to spend time binge-watching TV shows and movies and following the hype in the media and entertainment world. Exploring the field of technology and entertainment, I am here to share the varied experiences on this blog.

    Be the first to comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published.


    *