Should I directly ask her for her number? Or should I wait for her to make the first move? Do I sound too desperate? Urg!!! I can’t screw it up again!
Well! Well! Well! If this is what happens to you every time you want to approach a girl, then you, my friend, are on the upright post. No more shyness, no fumbling, no fear of rejections, just a smooth start! Have a look at the guide below and watch out how to start a conversation with a girl over text. (P.S. Girls are very simple to understand. I mean only if their yes means yes and no means no. LOL!)
Making the first move is always a do-or-die kinda situation. It’s even tricky when you are trying to start a conversation with a guy or girl over text. You never know what kind of impression you are going to set on the person you are trying to approach. So better be prepared for ALL SORTS OF REACTIONS!! Most importantly you should have pure intentions while approaching somebody. Remember the thin line between love and lust!
Sometimes what a heavy poetic note can’t do, can easily be done via a simple “Hey, let’s catch up tomorrow” text. And Gosh! Don’t ever try those lame and cheesy lines to start a conversation with a girl over text. Don’t freak out, we are here to help you. Whether it’s the first time you are talking to a girl over text or the nth time, the situation is somehow the same. One wrong text and BOOM! Understand the mood of the situation and get started.
Nervous? Let’s make this easy for you then. How? Read this guide and get to know how a girl likes to be treated. We have mentioned all that you need to take care of and all that you need to avoid in the first place. Hope for a positive bright start and scroll along!
The Must-Know Tips To Start A Conversation With A Girl Over Text!
If you reply too fast, you’ll look desperate.
If you reply too late, the girl will lose interest in conversing with you.
If you get personal too early, you probably have lost your chance.
And if you don’t do anything at all, you’ll die of guilt, anger, regret, and all other heavy synonyms of regret.
So what to do?
How to make a good impression without letting any of these things get in your way?
Facing writer’s block while texting your boyfriend? Have a look at these Amazing Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend Over Text!
Man!! I wish I had worked this hard in my final semester exams, and would surely have passed my graduation with flying colors. LOL!
Relax!! There’s nothing to worry about this deep. Just make the right move at the right time. And to help you with that, here are the must-know tips to start a conversation with a girl over text.
1. Get Her Number
Okay, so the very first step to start a conversation with a girl is obviously to have her phone number. If you already have her number, Kudos!
If not then this is what you need to do. Whenever you get a chance to talk to her, then whether she’s a girl from your high school, college, the girl you met at the bar, at the pub, or any XYZ place, just go and talk to her.
Don’t ask straight for the number. Start generally like “Hey! Good to see you again.” Or “Hey!! What’s Up?”
The way she responds to your approach will decide whether you are getting her number or not. If everything goes well, then here’s a trick that’ll work for you.
Act like you’re leaving and end the conversation with “Ok, so, See you around.” or “Let’s catch up over a coffee someday.”
If she says ok, sure! Ask for her number then and there. She’ll not say no! (Tried and tested)
Okay, so by far you have successfully taken her number. Now it’s time to start a conversation with a girl over text.
I am sure you’re confused about what to text and what not to? Here are some decent texts that will work as ice breakers for your conversation.
- What are your plans for this weekend?
- What’s your schedule like today?
- Hey! Did you watch the last episode of XYZ TV Show?
- What did you eat today?
- What was the highlight of your day?
- What is something funny that happened to you today?
- Would you rather go out for sushi or pizza?
- When can I see you again?
- Looking for an adventure?
- Have you been to (restaurant, store, etc.) yet?
- What’s your new year’s resolution?
- Are you going home for the holidays?
- Are you going to (party, bar, etc.) this weekend? Or Are you free this weekend?
- Working on anything exciting?
- What was the highlight of your week?
- Having fun?
- What’s your ideal Sunday?
- Where do you want to be right now?
- When are you free?
- What three things would you bring on a desert island?
2. Use Your Funny Bone
It’s a fact that people (especially girls) usually like being around fun people. If you are good enough to make use of the right situation to add a pinch of humor, then that’s what you need to bring out this time.
Bring out the funny side over texts. Send a meme or a joke to her. You can even ask her some fun questions that will be a great way to keep your conversation alive.
Funny Questions To Ask a Girl Over Text
- You’ve heard of Netflix and chill, but have you heard of Disney plus and Thrust.
- I think your hotness might be the cause of global warming.
- What did you ask Santa for last Christmas?
- What’s your greatest fashion disaster?
- Are you tired from running through my dreams last night?
- Would you rather be abducted by aliens or go out with me?
- If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.
- God was feeling himself when he made you.
- You’re making my face hurt from smiling all the time.
- Stop sending mixed signals and send memes instead.
- I got you some flowers! (send flower emojis)
- Do your parents like to bake? Because they made a cutie pie.
- How do you like your eggs? Scrambled or fertilized?
- I hope you see my willingness to text first as attractive.
- You’re like a tornado… you blow me away.
- I’m using my last 3% to text you right now.
- So… I have this big problem. I can’t stop thinking about you.
- Ditch, Marry, Kill with Guy Fieri, Peter Dinklage, and Danny Devito. What are your choices?
- Here I am, the guy of your dreams.
- Do you know what’s my favorite distraction? It’s you!
Need some effective ice breakers to get into conversation with a guy? Try these Remarkable Questions To Ask A Guy Over Text: Your Guide 101!!
3. Know Her Well
Remember that she’ll willingly talk to you if she likes you. This can happen if you make her feel comfortable talking to you.
Know her well. Ask things about her life, her career, her plans, her family, her likes, dislikes, and anything you feel like knowing about her.
Girls love when somewhen shows interest in their choices. Be that lucky guy, grab your chance. Here are a few questions to start a conversation with a girl over text and get to know her even better.
- Where’s your hometown?
- Do you have siblings?
- Do you prefer a night out or a night in?
- What were you into as a kid?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- Where are the places you want to live/ see?
- Where’s the coolest place you’ve been?
- A genie gives you a wish. What do you wish for?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What was your favorite movie as a kid?
- What’s your favorite song?
- What are you obsessed with?
- Do you sing outside of the shower?
- What’s your go-to dirty joke?
- Who are your favorite artists?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What do you think about tattoos?
- What are your favorite things to do in your free time?
- If you were only allowed to eat one thing for the rest of your life what would that be?
- What is something you did once and will never do again?
4. Timing Matters A Lot When You Are Talking Over Texts
You don’t want to screw all your efforts till now. Like I said earlier, one wrong text, and Boom, it’s over.
Watch carefully at what time you are texting her. If she’s into 9 to 5 work, then you can wait for her to reach home and get fresh. Don’t keep testing her between her working hours.
If she’s a freelancer, leave an early morning “Good Morning” text and she’ll reply whenever she gets time.
Like this, you can make use of the right time to talk to the person you like.
Personal and Deep Questions To Ask A Girl Over Text
Since you are being so obedient about the timings and everything else, you should take care of the right topics to talk to her.
To help with that, here are a few personal and deep questions that you can use to start a conversation with a girl over text.
- What’s a good day for you?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- What’s your relationship with your mom?
- What’s your relationship with your dad?
- What excites you most?
- Who brings you the most joy in your life?
- Where would you want to start your family?
- What are your biggest turn-offs?
- What do you notice in a guy first?
- What keeps you up at night?
- When was your first time?
- What songs do you want me to listen to?
- What’s your most irrational fear?
- What book changed your life?
- Who are the biggest influences on who you are?
- What’s your defining moment?
- What’s the thing you most want to tell me?
- Send me your favorite selfie on your phone.
- What would make your day, right now?
- What are your biggest turn-ons?
Leave a good first impression on the girl you are crushing on over text with these 150 Questions To Ask A Girl Over Text | Hard To Ignore Texts!
5. It’s Alright To Be A Little Quirky Sometimes
Depending on what kind of bond you share with the person you are talking to over text, it’s ok to get quirky sometimes. Like sending a flirty text and waiting for the reply. Ok, let’s admit we all have tried a flirty conversation with someone we are close with.
But this time it’s your date, or probably your next Date-To-Be. So be careful with your word choice.
Be yourself. That’s the first and the foremost rule. It’s ok to have a teasing, frisky conversation with a girl or a boy until and unless they are ok with it. If you feel like the other person is not feeling comfortable talking more about it, stop right there.
Flirty Questions To Ask A Girl Over Texts
Here are some flirty, good-to-go questions to start a conversation with a girl over text with whom you share a friendly bond.
- Did you smile when I texted you just now?
- What are you wearing right now?
- What would you do if I was with you right now?
- I don’t remember the last time we spoke, let’s change that.
- Wish I could kiss you right now.
- Include me in your “to-do” list today.
- Out of all of your sexy curves, your smile is my favorite.
- I’m jealous of your bedsheets.
- Can I have you for my midnight snack?
- I wish I woke up to your smile this morning.
- Has anyone told you that you look stunning today?
- It’s chilly out… Come warm me up.
- What would you ask if you knew the answer was “yes.”
- I’m just trying to get to the part when we’re eating pizza together. We’ll eat and cuddle. How sweet, right?
- What are you doing tonight? Let’s get brunch in the morning.
- Facetime me. I need your smile to brighten my day.
- Do you like me more or do you love me more?
- Missing me?
- You were in my dreams last night; I didn’t want to wake up.
- Let’s travel the world someday. Just you and me.
6. Don’t Interrogate too much about her
You are talking to someone you have a crush on. You probably don’t want to screw it up by interrogating or turning the conversation into an interview. Do you?
Yes, it’s alright to ask her questions regarding her life choices, Like-dislikes but hey! Slow down. Don’t just shower her with too many questions all at once.
This is a total turn-off for any conversation. Pause in between. Let her lead the conversation.
It’s a two-way road. So when you ask her something, she might also want to know the same thing about you as well. Wait for your turn.
Give her space and time. This is how a conversation flows smoothly.
OMG!! She replied with a heart emoji!! Does this mean she loves you? Check out 9 Signs To Know If A Girl Likes You Over Text!!
To Sum Up:
Hope you got an idea about do’s and don’ts to start a conversation with a girl over text. Remember why you are doing all this. You want to ask her out, right? So, don’t wait too long, take the first step rightfully.
Be yourself, Don’t fake it up. You can use these tips and tricks to get started with a conversation. Understand the intensity of the other side as well. If at any point you feel like she’s not interested in talking to you as much as you are, I think it’s time for you to step back.
It’s neither hard to start a conversation with a girl over text, nor easy. It’s just about the vibes that click. Hopefully, you find the right person for you. Until then, keep trying!!
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Having A Conversation With A Person For The First Time:
What are some effective ways to start a conversation over text with someone for the first time?
You can always start with:
1. The light and casual text.
2. Send a compliment.
3. Emojis are great ice breakers. Send an emoji, meme, or a GIF.
4. Start from your last conversation. Like “So you were telling me yesterday that…”
5. Be clear and precise.
6. The cliffhanger text.
7. The teasing text.
What is the best way to get into a conversation with a girl?
1. Ask for any sort of information.
2. Give a compliment.
3. Simply introduce yourself.
4. Comment on the things happening around like weather, or anything.
5. If you and she are in the same batch or work at the same place, offer help with anything she needs.
6. Or you can ask for help.
7. Talk about a shared experience.
8. Ask for an opinion.
Featured Image Credits: Your Alpha Dude