In light but definitely out of sight- this is how translucent glasses work. Unlike your old door and window glasses, these provide you comfort and privacy. Light can pass through translucent glasses but not the hungry gazes of people! But that’s not the only reason why you need translucent glass. These glasses have become an important part of modern interior designing these days. Many people are replacing their old furnishings with new ones and if you also want to join the race of many, then keep reading! Know how to upgrade your homes and offices with translucent glass so you’re not left behind.
You can completely “SAY NO TO CURTAINS” once you install a translucent glass! Although you can be hidden from the world’s eyes, you can’t hide from nature! These glasses make sure you receive your daily dose of vitamin D by allowing light to pass through them. Thus giving you all the more reasons to install them TODAY!
Confidentiality is an important aspect of your day-to-day life. But do you know who maintains that? A piece of glass! Translucent glasses help you maintain a safer distance from unnecessary people and situations. Starting from your office door to your own home’s washroom! Translucent glasses come with an “annoying neighbor check!”
Thus, if you don’t want your neighbor Carla peeking inside your home, then go grab your screws and nuts to upgrade your home with translucent glass!
How To Upgrade Your Homes And Offices With Translucent Glass?
Before jumping onto how you can install a translucent glass, you need to know what translucent glass is? A glass becomes translucent when it goes through a process known as sandblasting or acid etching. This results in making your glass acquire a frosty appearance and as such, it’s also known as frosted glass.
We use translucent or frosted glass for the following reasons:
- It Provides Privacy: The objects look opaque behind these glasses. However, this opacity may vary depending on the type of glass you are using.
- It Protects Us From Harmful Rays : Translucent glasses allow some light to enter. However, it has also been observed that translucent glasses can provide protection against harmful UV rays.
- It Gives A Modern Look To Your House And Office: Everyone wants their homes and offices to look lavish and modern, and translucent glasses are best for this job! Translucent glasses make everything appear ten times classier.
- It Comes In Different Shapes And Sizes: One can customize their translucent glass in many ways. It can be used in different shapes and sizes to meet your needs. They are also used to make some artifacts! Isn’t that cool?
- It Can Be Used Almost Anywhere: As one can customize translucent glasses according to their needs, thus, it can be used anywhere. Whether it is for your window shelves or your sliding partitions, they fulfill our multiple needs!
How Can We Upgrade Our Homes And Offices With Translucent Glass?
If you’re building a new home/office or renovating an old one, it is recommended that you use translucent glass. Why? Obviously because of the list of reasons mentioned above! And if you’re wondering where and how you can use them, then here’s a list!
- Office: One can use translucent glass in their office doors and windows to ensure privacy. Confidentiality is an important aspect of your business life, and thus upgrading your old glasses with new ones can be a lifesaver here. In addition, it adds a modern touch to your office. cent glass in their office door and windows
- Lounge: We do a number of things in our lounge, for example – Eating! So do you want people to know how big of a mouth you have? Then install those glasses in your waiting area! Translucent glass can be used in the waiting rooms as partitions. This helps to ensure that privacy is maintained at all costs!
- Living room: People nowadays also decorate their living rooms with different patterns of translucent glass. These can be etched in the walls to add a classier look or can be used as a tabletop.
- Washroom: Privacy is most important but the need becomes dire when washrooms are concerned. No one wants their washroom secrets out in the open, thus, it is important to install translucent glass in shower doors and cubicles.
- Shelves: To add a refined look to your office and house, one can also install translucent glass as sleeves. They are sturdy and can be found in any thickness, thus they can be considered a good option to use as shelves.
- Bedroom: Now, after washrooms and offices, the next most important place where privacy is a must is your own BEDROOM! Thus, installing translucent glass in bedrooms is a smart choice!
- Kitchen: People like their kitchen cabinets to look classy and modern and here, nothing beats translucent glass. One can use translucent glass to hide the contents in the kitchen cabinet.
Translucent Glass Windows:
Translucent glass is a must in windows as you don’t want anyone prying into your personal business. These glasses are available in the market in a wide variety and you can choose according to your needs. The type of glass required for your cabinet windows can be different from your office windows. From a designer translucent glass to a more opaque one, everything is available. You just have to choose! Some of the possible types of translucent glass that you can choose from are-
- Partial: One can apply partial translucency to their windows by installing translucent glasses that are partially translucent. They are partially transparent and translucent.
- Patterned: To provide an elegant and classier look to your home and office, one can use translucent glass with patterns. Different shapes and patterns are etched in the glass to decorate your windows and doors.
- Translucent Film: To get a degree of translucency for their windows, one can paste a translucent film that acts as a translucent glass. People sometimes use these in their car windows.
Customizing Your Translucent Window Glass:
You can customize the type of glass you want for your windows. You can choose on the basis of-
- Degree Of Opacity: You can choose your translucent glass depending on the degree of opacity you want. It can range from 10-20%.
- Thickness: You can choose how thick you want your window glasses to be. The degree of such thickness can vary. For example, washroom windows mostly have more thick glasses.
Translucent glasses serve many purposes but the most important of them all is light transmission and privacy. Thus, it is important that you know where, how, and when you can use them. And you’re never too late for leveling up, may it be in a game or your usual house infrastructure. Keeping up with time is most important!
Featured Image Credits: Unsplash