India witnessed a big digital move on 02 August 2021 around 4:00 PM in the evening. When Hon’ble Prime Minister Narender Modi launched the e-RUPI application through video conferencing. If you are confused about what eRUPI is and its features then here we are with a proper guide on “e-RUPI”
e-RUPI is a digital payments application, launched by NPCI on the recommendation of RBI (Reserve Bank Of India). Well, e-RUPI launched yesterday had its roots way back with the Aadhar card linking with the mobile number. Digitalization started way back in 2014 has finally brought us to the place where India can finally launch its digital transaction application for various government and organization schemes.
Some of the benefits of e-RUPI are
- It is fast
- It is safe
- It eliminates the middle man’s share
- It is Contactless Payments Solution
- You don’t need to have a bank account for the purpose
- You can book the Covid Vaccination slots
- The process is transparent.
- Users details are kept confidential
- It is a cost-effective solution
Well, these were the benefits that will be offered by the e-RUPI. But, we have more to tell you about the scheme. Read the article below to know it all.
What is e-RUPI – Benefits, Features, and Gift Vouchers
Further in the article, you will come across what is e-RUPI, what are its benefits, what are its features, what all Government schemes will be covered in it, and many more. So, let us not waste more of our time and start with the article.
Also Read, Best Mobile Banking Apps In 2021
What is e-RUPI?
e-RUPI is a contactless, seamless, and cashless payments medium that was launched by NPCI (National Payments Corporation Of India) in association with DFS (Department Of Financial Services), NHA(National Health Authority), MoHFW (Minister of Health and Family Welfare) and the eleven partner banks(Mentioned in the Article below) at the time of the launch of the application.
If you talk about the working of eRUPI then it is a voucher-based payment solution. The users will redeem the e-Vouchers through the QR code or SMS strings provided by the organizations for a specific purpose. The codes can be redeemed without any digital Payment application, IBS (Internet Banking Service), or any card.
An official notification about the working of the eRUPI system. It will be a pre-paid service and ensure that the payment to the service provider for a specific purpose or activity is made only after the transaction is completed.
Name of Banks In Association with the e-RUPI
At the time of the launch of the e-RUPI, eleven banks have shared the partnership with the NPCI
- Bank of Baroda
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Indian Bank
- Union Bank of India
- State Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Kotak Bank
- Indusind Bank
- Axis Bank
- Canara Bank
Benefits Of e-RUPI
e-RUPI launched on 2nd August 2021 carries a series of benefits along with it. Let us start with what NCPI has to say about it.
NCPI says that e-RUPI has been developed to provide a fast, safe, and leak-proof mechanism to the users. It also added that the details of the users will be safe and confidential.
Some of the other Benefits of e-RUPI are:
- It is a contactless payment solution and there is no need to carry a printout of the voucher. As the NCPI said that it is safer. The beneficiaries do not need to share their details at the time of redeeming the vouchers.
- For redeeming the vouchers you do not need to have any bank account or any digital payment application.
- It is simple to use, just a two-step redemption process.
- The process is transparent. Users can track the voucher redemption process.
- It is a cost-effective solution because it does not require any physical issuance due to end-to-end digital transactions.
- Private companies can find great use of e-RUPI in the welfare of their employees
How To Use e-RUPI Digital Payment Application?
- Download the e-RUPI mobile application from the Google Play store.
- Now, open the app and register yourself on the application using your mobile number.
- Next, you have to select the service that you wish to share with someone.
- You have the options like Health care schemes and educational schemes to choose from.
- After selecting the scheme, send it to the beneficiary’s mobile number. They will receive it in the form of a QR code or SMS link.
- For example, if you have chosen the health care facilities. You can redeem it at your nearest hospital or health center.
The key features of eRUPI digital payments are listed below in the tabular form for better understanding.
|Scheme Name||e-RUPI Digital Payment Solution|
|Launched On||2nd August 2021|
|Announcement Made By||PM Narinder Modi|
|Service Provided||Digital Payment Solution|
|Scheme Suggested By||RBI (Reserve Bank of India)|
|Developed By||NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India)|
|Benefits Provided||Direct Transfer of Govt Schemes to Public|
|In Association with||DFS (Department Of Financial Services), NHA(National Health Authority), MoHFW (Minister of Health and Family Welfare), and the eleven partner banks at the time of the launch of the application.|
Who Will Be Benefited By e-RUPI – Schemes Covered By e-RUPI
A statement by PMO said, “delivering services under schemes meant for providing drugs and nutritional support under Mother and Child welfare schemes and TB eradication programs” which means the health, family welfare, and education schemes by the government will be covered.
In addition, with NHA and Union Health Ministry being the association partner, we can make out that the schemes like Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna, Ayushman Bharat Scheme, and the fertilizer subsidies will be covered.
Another Statement by PMO said, “leverage these digital vouchers as part of their employee welfare and corporate social responsibility programs” which means private companies can use e-RUPI for the health insurance for their employees.
Covid Vaccine Gift Voucher By e-RUPI
You can also use the e-RUPI application to book a Covid vaccination slot for beneficiaries. To do so follow the steps given below.
- Book a vaccination slot for the beneficiary and send it to them on their mobile phones.
- The QR Code or the SMS sent can be redeemed by the beneficiary.
- You will now show the OR code at the vaccination center and get vaccinated.
This was all about the latest application e-RUPI launched by Prime Minister Narender Modi on the 2nd of August 2021. We have mentioned all the details of the application in the article above. If you still have any questions in your mind then don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments section. We will be happy to help.
Featured Image Source: TelecomTalk