We all know that Digital Marketing has created a huge buzz in the market today. Here you will get to know powerful reasons why you should choose digital marketing as career in college.
Before we try to understand why choose digital marketing as career in college is good or not, we need to learn what it actually means. So in very simple words, digital marketing is basically a marketing strategy that is carried out through digital media. Digital marketing career still holds a lot of space and capacity for newcomers but is crowded with highly competent people and organizations with heavy potential. Initially, I know you will have many questions running in your mind before starting a career in Digital Marketing.
Digital Marketing as a Career is a booming career path for students. Digital marketing is one of those careers that require a smart way in professional life. And according to a report digital marketing is expected to create 2.5 lakh jobs by 2016. The Digital marketing industry is both rapidly-moving and incredibly competitive. Digital Marketing is a job where every day is different for you. This industry requires passion and a desire to succeed. Those who are committed and passionate about Digital Marketing As a Career, it is a career with excellent long-term prospects. As demand for digital marketing has grown, so has the number of specialist digital jobs require in companies and agencies.
Why Choose Digital Marketing as Career in College| Advantages
The future is digital and with such an upsurge in the demand of digital marketing professionals, you’d definitely want to dump that degree to debate over and reconsider your career opportunities. ‘Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi’ in your history textbooks did great, now it’s your time to take charge and explore to excel. Here are the benefits of choosing digital marketing as a career in college.
Growth Rate of Digital Markets
Digital marketing is a rapidly evolving industry and statistics reveal that this industry will experience a rapid incline the job opportunities ease which may reach to approx 1,50,000 jobs by the year 2020. Digital Marketing is growing at a rate of 25-30% in India annually. And if statistics are to be believed, India has reached 500 million users of the internet by the end of 2018. India also has the World’s largest Facebook population. The high-speed digitization, online portals, social media channels, etc lead to a growth of digital marketing in a trend par imagination.
From 69 million online shoppers in 2016 and more than 100 million in 2017, India has seen a stark rise in the internet population. Ever since the launch of Digital India in 2015 as an initiative to improve online infrastructure and digital empowerment, there has been mushrooming of a complete market of start-ups, services and more than connect people globally! It has resulted in a rise of active internet users, mobile connections, social media traffic and more. This is the most powerful reason why you should choose digital marketing as career in college.
Become an Entrepreneur
Digital marketing is an extremely important part of the way we advertise today. Digital marketing is extremely important for entrepreneurs and startups. Every entrepreneur needs to understand digital marketing. We will discuss the Importance of Digital Marketing for Entrepreneurs and Startups.
Mostly Internet-driven, digital marketing allows businesses to reach a much larger audience. Digital marketing comes in many forms including mobile phones, display advertising, social media, and other such digital mediums. The ease, low cost, and convenience of digital marketing make it extremely favorable to all entrepreneurs and business owners.
This is an era of startups in college. We hear every day about Entrepreneurs who quit their college to build their startup or started building their startups in college. While in college, you can start small, build a Blog/Website of your own on a niche of your interest and start researching and working on it to learn digital marketing in a live environment. You can even learn using the tools built for Digital Marketing by Google, Facebook, WordPress, and other companies. While in college you can create a brand name you own and start generating revenue through it. You can start your own business, or be a freelancer, build a team and using the tools provided by the internet. This is the most important benefit for you to choose digital marketing as career in college.
Certification in digital marketing is an add on to your resume which will filter you from the rest of the crowd and put you into the limelight in front of the potential employer with increased chances of getting hired. You can learn digital marketing and apply for various online exams offered by Google, Facebook, Hubspot, etc and earn an edge over others. You can also go for SEO Certifications, Content Marketing Certifications, Google Analytics/ Adwords certifications, PPC Certifications anytime after completing the internship which will not only add value to your resume but will also expand your skill sets and vouch for your expertise.
Here is the list of Best Digital Marketing certifications that you can get while choosing digital marketing as career in college. These are the selected 22 Certifications available overall on the internet. These certifications will help you to get the best knowledge and valid proof for your expertise. You can download the ‘sample question papers’ for practice which will help let you know about your weak part in this course.
-Free Digital Marketing Certifications from Google
- Google Digital Unlocked Course Certification
- AdWords Fundamentals Course Certification
- Video Advertising Course Certification
- Shopping Advertising Course Certification
- Analytics Course Certification
- Google My Business Course Certification
- Google Tag Manager
-Other Free Certificates
8. Bing Ads Certificate
9. Hubspot Inbound Marketing Certificate
10.Hubspot Email Marketing Certification
11. Youtube Certification
12. Twitter Flight School Certification
-Paid Digital Marketing Certifications
- Integrated Digital Marketing Program Certification By Quibus Trainings
- Online Marketing Certified Associate (OMCA)
- Facebook Blueprint Certification
- Content Marketing University Certification
- Hootsuite University Certification
- DMA Certified Marketing Professional
- AMA Digital Marketing Certification
- Leadpages Conversion Marketing Certification
- Optimizely Certification
- ClickMinded SEO Specialist
- Distilled U
Types of Jobs You Can Get While Choosing Digital Marketing As Career In College
- SEO Executive – SEO is an unpaid method of improving the ranking of web pages and their visibility on various search engines such as Google, Yahoo, etc.
- PPC Executive – PPC is a method of increasing the visibility of webpages is through sponsored placements and advertising.
- Email Marketing Executive – Email marketing is important to engage your customers and leads with your brand, many organizations send newsletters, email campaigns, autoresponders to its subscribers in order to keep them updated with new products/services added or anything worth sharing.
- Social Media Marketing Executive – Social Media Marketing is gaining a lot of popularity with social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and others. A good Digital Marketer should know the power of social media to market the brand image of the company.
- Mobile Marketing Executive – Mobile marketing provides instant updates, promo offers, and information about customers’ interests. More and more people are going mobile. Smartphones have become very trendy among all age groups. A person needs to be a mobile freak to get into mobile marketing.
- E-commerce Executive – E-commerce, also known as online shopping. Consumers can find a wider variety of goods, often at more competitive prices.E Commerce refers to the buying and selling of goods and services via electronic channels, primarily the Internet.
- Content Marketing Executive – content is king in today’s marketing content marketing’s purpose is to attract and retain customers. Content marketing is any marketing that involves the creation and sharing of media and publishing content in order to acquire and retain customers.
- Affiliate Marketing Executive – Affiliate marketing is frequently overlooked by advertisers. Affiliate marketing at its very core is about relationships, a relationship between three parties
- Display Advertising Executive – Display advertising is a type of online advertising that comes in several forms, including banner ads, rich media and more. The main purpose of display advertising is to deliver general advertisements and brand messages to site visitors.
In the Digital Marketing Sector, students will get some kind of practical experience. In the Digital Marketing Sector, students will get some kind of practical experience. so many institutions that provide these courses require a bachelor’s degree from any stream. As Digital Marketing you have to knowledge in science, statistics, visualization, student of any field can take up digital marketing as a career. In India courses such as Diploma in Digital Marketing, Executive Programme in Digital Marketing (EPDM), MSc in Digital Marketing and IAMAI approved programs. Many management institutes such as IIMs offer programs by NIIT.
If you decide that you would like to enter the Digital Marketing Sector. some skills are more important for certain fields of Digital Marketing. For example, when applying for a PPC Executive position, good mathematics and analytical skills will be in demand. When applying for an SEO Executive position, there may be more importance on good writing skills and creativity. There are many opportunities in Digital Marketing As a Career because everyone wants to reach its targets via digital channels. you must know what is going on in the world and able to communicate with people…!
Also, Read Learning Digital Marketing For Students Is Not Difficult At All! You Just Need A Great Teacher!
Demand for Digital Marketers Is High
Large and small industries are increasingly moving away from conventional marketing methods and towards digital techniques. As a result, companies are hiring more digital marketers and the demand for people to fill these jobs is high. This is the crucial reason to choose digital marketing as career in college as the demands of digital marketers are high.
If you’re interested in digital marketing and relieved you don’t need a college degree, but you’re not sure about the job outlook, rest assured the jobs are out there. According to a report by Burning Glass Technologies, four out of 10 jobs listed in marketing now call for digital marketing skills. In addition, the report states:
- Job postings that call for digital marketing skills almost doubled between 2011 and 2016.
- Demand for content marketers rose 450 percent during that time frame, while the demand for digital analytics skills increased by 152 percent.
- Forrester Research predicts digital marketing will account for 35 percent of all marketing spending by 2019.
- Jobs requiring digital marketing skills pay almost $7,000 more than other marketing roles.
- Mobile marketing offers the highest salary at $88,681, followed by multi-channel marketing at $82,782.
- As an indication that these skills are needed but not readily found in job candidates, digital marketing jobs take 16 percent longer to fill.
And all this demand for skilled professionals is predicted to grow as marketing becomes ever more digital, keeping pace with our digital world.
Better Salary (Most Fascinating Reason to Choose Digital Marketing as Career in College)
Yes, Digital marketing course benefits can help you in getting a better salary this is the most fascinating advantage of digital marketing courses. Since the scope of digital marketing is increasing; it will definitely affect the budgets of individuals. The demand and supply for digital professionals are inversely proportional to each other. The demand is more and the supply being meager.
This case shall prove fruitful to the employees. If you have a stronger skill set and expertise, you can hold talks of the salary matter and avail the best package. The salaries have been rising over the past few years. SEO, SMO, PPC, and several other job profiles have witnessed a hike in their salaries.
The average salary for a Digital Marketing Manager is Rupees 8,09,777 in India. This is for a candidate with a 4 – 8 years range of experience. Some other factors like Industry, Qualification, Digital Marketing Certification and City of residence play an important part in deciding the salary.
The salary range of a DM Manager is between 4,00,000 to 18,00,000. As mentioned earlier, there are various factors that influence the salary of an individual. For example, the salary of an individual in Tier 1 city like Mumbai is higher compared to a person with similar skills but in a Tier 2 city.
Also, read Learn Digital Marketing at Cheap Price with Proper Certifications in Short Duration of Time
According to PayScale.com, here are the graphs depicting the average salary for SEO Manager in India and the US.
The average salary for an SEO Manager in the US is $67,475.
Social Media Manager
According to PayScale.com, here are the graphs depicting the average salary for a Social Media Manager in India and the US.
The average salary for a Social Media Manager in the US is $49,881.
The average salary for a Content Manager is $57,734
The average salary for a Copywriter is $50,570
According to PayScale.com, here are the graphs depicting the average salary for a Social Media Manager in India and the US.
The average salary for an SEM specialist is $47,186.
Why You Should Choose Digital Marketing as Career in College Youtube Video
Here is the youtube video for you to choose digital marketing as career in college