It is awaiting guidance from the US department of labour who cares act of unemployment extensions provisions that are contained in HR.R 133. The extension was signed on December 27, 2020, Sunday.
Gov. Jim Justice said that they have directed the workforce of West Virginia to be prepared and quickly respond as quickly and give much relief to the eligible West Virginians. They said it while they were waiting for the additional federal guidance. They were always there, are there and will be the leader in turning legislation resources for west Virginia.
As the workforce receives guidance from the federal government workforce west Virginia recommends that eligible claimants do not file a new claim. Their claim may delay eligible claimant benefit payments.
Working diligently to make additional programs to adjust the unemployment computer system to deliver the benefits said Scott Adkins who is an acting commissioner for the workforce. Until they get any additional clarification and guidelines they are eligible for these benefits and should pause until the workforce west Virginia provides some additional information.
These implementations will bring some additional unemployment compensation to thousands of West Virginians. These use existing funding structures that are established by labour agencies. As a result workforce in west Virginia will expect more claimants and avoid the interruption in benefits.
The new provisions will also include new requirements to receive benefits from the federal programs outlined in the act.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
- A weekly certification will be required.
- PUA will be available till March 12, 2021. And no applications will be accepted after that date. There will be an allowance for three additional weeks of benefits who have reached the maximum number of weeks through April 3, 2021.
- It will provide an additional 11 weeks of benefits to a maximum of 50 weeks.
- Claimants will be required to provide documentation of eligibility for PUA beginning Jan, 31. 2021
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC)
- It will provide up to 11 weeks of additional $300 weekly benefits to eligible claimants.
- It is eligible through a separate unemployment program to receive FPUC.
- FPUC will be available to cover weeks of unemployment between Dec 27 2020 and the week ending March 13, 2021.
Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC)
- It will provide an additional eleven weeks of benefits and to a maximum of twenty-four years. It will be available till March 13, 2021, and after that, no application will be accepted. It will also give an allowance of additional benefits to those who have reached the maximum number of weeks through the ending week of 3 April, 2021.
- There must be methods to address those who refuse to return to work or refuse to accept an offer of suitable work without any good cause.
West Virginia will provide updates as received from the U.S. department of labor.
For more such news and updates stay in touch with deasilex
Featured Image Credits- WVNews