Last Updated on 4 weeks by Koushal Jaral
Halloween is well-known as a time of scares, and luckily, Discord is never an exception to that in 2023! With a spooky and scary Halloween ringtone, Discord is going to send chills every time a user receives a call. As many loved this Halloween ringtone, several users are showing concerns about the Discord Halloween Ringtone not working. If you are facing the same issue, let’s resolve it ASAP!
The Halloween Ringtone has been turned on for all Discord users by default since October 18. However, several users are complaining regarding the Discord Halloween ringtone not working. Since then, either their Discord won’t ring, or it rings with the old ringtone only. Here’s what you need to check on!
To fix the Discord Halloween ringtone not working, you need to update your Discord app to the latest version, log out and log in, restart the Discord app, reset the Halloween ringtone, reset your Discord settings, disable the hardware acceleration, or contact the support team.
If you wish to add a breath-taking Halloween spirit to your Discord ringtone, then it is time to fix the Discord Halloween ringtone not working, and let your friends hear the sound of a howling wind and creaking doors when they call you!
Why Discord Is Not Giving Me The Halloween Ringtone?
The Halloween ringtone on Discord is the latest craze among almost every Discord lover. This Halloween ringtone will play whenever a user receives a call on their Discord account. However, it has been witnessed that for a few users, either the Discord won’t ring or the Halloween ringtone won’t work. If you are also complaining and thinking about why Discord is not giving me the Halloween ringtone, then here are the possible reasons for Discord not making any sound or not ringing the Halloween ringtone.
1. Outdated Discord version: The most common reason for the Discord Halloween ringtone not working is an outdated version of the Discord app.
2. Hardware Acceleration: If hardware acceleration is enabled on your Discord account, then also you will face issues like Discord not making any sound or not ringing the Halloween ringtone.
3. Corrupted Discord settings: If the Discord settings are corrupted, or a minor bug has arisen in the Discord settings, this can lead to the Discord Halloween ringtone not working issue.
4. Temporary glitch: It is even possible that a temporary glitch is there on the Discord app and that is why the Halloween ringtone isn’t working for several users.
5. Disabled Halloween Ringtone: It is also possible that the Halloween ringtone has been mistakenly disabled by you. So, this can be another factor as to why is the Discord Halloween ringtone not working.
6. Connection issues: If you are facing any network connection issues, such as a bad internet connection, then your Halloween ringtone might not be set up properly and won’t work for you.
How To Fix Discord Halloween Ringtone Not Working?
To fix the Discord Halloween Ringtone not working issue, you need to follow a few ways such as updating your Discord app, restarting the app, logging out and logging in again, resetting the ringtone, resetting the Discord settings, disabling hardware acceleration, or contacting the support team.
Fix 1: Update Your Discord App
The Halloween ringtone is only available in the Discord version 104.0 or higher than that. So, if you are using an older version, then you must update your Discord app to fix the Discord Halloween ringtone not working issue. Follow the steps mentioned below to update your Discord app.
- Open the Play Store (Android devices) or App Store (iOS devices).
- Next, search for the Discord app.
- Tap on the app.
- If the ‘Open’ option appears next to the app, then it is updated to the latest version.
- If the ‘Update’ option appears next to the Discord app, then tap on the Update button, and install the latest version.
Fix 2: Restart Your Discord App
Sometimes, a simple restart of the app can fix minor bugs. So, you must try restarting your Discord app and then restart your device to get rid of the issue on your Discord app. Here is how to restart your Discord app.
- Close the Discord app from your device.
- Also, close all the opened tabs on your device.
- Then, press the power button at the side of your device.
- Now, tap on the Restart button.
- Wait until your device restarts, and then access your Discord app.
Fix 3: Log Out And Log In
Another major way that has helped many Discord users to get rid of the Discord Halloween ringtone not working issue is to log out of their Discord accounts and then log in again. Sometimes, a temporary glitch in the app or your Discord account can cause such errors. So, you can also log out of your Discord account and manually fill in your account details to log in again to your Discord account.
Fix 4: Reset Halloween Ringtone
Though the Halloween ringtone was supposed to be set automatically on all the Discord accounts, it is even possible that your Halloween ringtone has not been set. So, it is better that you confirm and reset the Halloween ringtone yourself and solve the matter related to the Discord Halloween ringtone not working. Follow the steps that have been mentioned below to reset your Halloween ringtone on Discord.
- Open the Discord account.
- Then, click on the User settings at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Next, scroll down, and click on the Notifications option on the left side.
- Now, scroll through the Notifications screen, and look for the Halloween Incoming Ring option.
- Toggle on the Halloween Incoming Ring option if it is turned off, and if it is turned on, then toggle off and on again.
Fix 5: Reset The Discord Settings
If resetting the Halloween Ringtone didn’t help to fix the Discord Halloween ringtone not working issue, then try resetting the Discord settings. This will help you get rid of the corrupted Discord settings and any temporary glitches arising on your Discord account without deleting your Discord files or data. Here is how you can reset your Discord settings and get all the settings to default.
- Navigate to your Discord account.
- Next, click on the User settings icon at the bottom left side of the screen.
- Now, scroll through the settings, and click on the Voice & Video option under the App Settings section.
- Then, scroll all the way down, and click on the Reset Voice settings.
- After resetting the settings, you can again reset the Halloween ringtone to get rid of the Halloween ringtone issue.
Fix 6: Disable Hardware Acceleration
Though the Discord Hardware acceleration can be helpful in improving the app’s performance, it can sometimes cause malfunctioning of several Discord features. So, this can be the reason for the Discord Halloween ringtone not working issue. As disabling the Hardware acceleration has worked for several users to kick off this issue, so here are the steps to disable hardware acceleration.
- Open your Discord account.
- Next, click on the User Settings option at the bottom left side of your screen.
- Then, click on the Advanced setting option under the App Settings section.
- Now, in the Advanced section, toggle off the hardware acceleration option.
Fix 7: Contact The Discord Support
If you have worked on all the ways that have been discussed above, but still the Discord Halloween ringtone not working isn’t resolved, then contact the Discord support team. Here are the steps to be followed to complain about the issue to the official Discord support team.
- Navigate to the official Discord website.
- Then, click on the Support option at the top of the screen.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom, click on the Twitter or Developer support option, and write about your issue.
Halloween is almost near and so is the fear of the Discord Halloween ringtone to scare your friends. As Halloween is the perfect time for adding a cool and festive touch to your everyday Discord experience, the Discord platform has introduced the Halloween ringtone for all users, irrespective of whether they are Nitro subscribers or not. However, the Discord Halloween ringtone not working issue is bothering several users. Since the Halloween ringtone can make you scream out of fear, if it is not working for you, then you can miss out on a great opportunity to scare your friends. So, try out the ways that have been disclosed above, and let the spook commence right at the moment!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Does Discord Have A Halloween Ringtone?
A. Yes, Discord has recently introduced the Halloween ringtone that has turned on automatically from October 18 to November 3 for all Nitro as well as non-Nitro subscribers.
Q2. How Do I Enable Halloween Discord Ringtone?
A. The Halloween ringtone on Discord has been enabled automatically from October 18 to November 3. However, if it is disabled by mistake and you want to enable it, then you need to navigate to your Discord account and click on the User Settings option at the bottom left side of the screen. Then, scroll down, and click on the Notification option on the left side. Next, scroll through the options, and toggle on the Halloween Incoming ring option.
A. To turn off the Halloween Discord call sound, navigate to your Discord account, and click on the User settings icon at the bottom left side. Then, scroll down, and click on the Notifications option. Now, scroll again, and toggle off the Halloween Incoming ring option.
Q4. How Do I Fix The Discord Call Notification Not Working?
A. To fix your Discord call notification not working issue, update your Discord app to the latest version, update your Computer Windows, enable the desktop notifications for the Discord app, or turn off the streamer mode if it is turned on.