Do you love listening to podcasts on your iPhone while you are working out, going out for a job, or while driving? If that is the case, then you will also be interested to take the advantage of the offline listening feature that you get in the podcasts app, where you will be able to download the podcasts on your iPhone. Do you know how to download podcasts on iPhone?
No matter where you stray you may not always stay connected with the internet or expect that your connection is stable and faster. This actually becomes a problem when you leave your house and you have to rely on the cellular network to listen to podcasts. Or if you are going to an area where there is no cell service. In these situations, it is better that you keep the podcasts downloaded and listen to them offline.
So, if you have been wanting to know how to download podcasts on iPhone, then you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss a few easy ways that will help you to download the podcasts on your iPhone easily. Podcast app > download episode > remove download. That’s it. Your podcast has been downloaded.
Don’t worry, what we have said above may not be very clear to you. But below we have mentioned all the steps in detail that will surely help you in downloading the podcast on your iPhone.
How To Download Podcasts On iPhone?
Just like Google podcast the official podcast app of Apple is perhaps the best option. Well, iOS actually has a great selection of podcast apps in the Apple app. Now, here are a few steps that will help you know how to download podcasts on iPhone.
- In the podcasts app, you have to look for the podcast with the help of the search function.
- Now, when you find the podcast that you want to download. Just click on the three dots that are just next to the episode title. Next, you have to click on the download episode option which is the first option in the menu. When the download gets complete you will get to see the icon of the arrow inside the grey circle that is just next to the episode.
- When you are finished with the episode you have to click on the three dots again and then choose the remove download option.
How To Download Podcasts On An Android Device?
Let’s discuss how to download podcasts on Android after discussing How To Download Podcasts On iPhone. Well, to be honest, the best way by which you can download the podcasts on an Android device is by using Google podcasts, though Android does have many podcasts apps. However, in this post, we will just stick with the Google podcasts. So, these steps that we have mentioned below will help you out.
- First, in Google podcasts, you have to search for the podcast which is present in the explore tab. You will find this at the bottom in the center which will have a magnifying glass icon. Moreover, at the top of the explore tab will be the search box where you will be able to type in the name of the podcast.
- The search will find individual episodes. Click on the most recent episode than the title of the podcast which is at the top, it will take you to the podcasts page in the app.
- Now, just next to each episode you will see the arrow that is enclosed in the circle. Once you click on the download button, the podcast will start to download.
- Now, the download button will start to turn green when the podcast gets finished downloading.
How To Listen To Podcasts On iPhone?
After you have downloaded the episodes, you will find yourself where you find the podcasts on iPhone. Or you may be wanting to know where are the downloaded podcasts on the iPhone. Here is how you can do it:
- First, start by opening the podcast app and then go to the search page.
- Type the name of the podcast that you want to listen to on your iPhone. Click on the podcast that you want from the search result and you will see the list of the available episodes.
- Now, you have to click on the episode that you want to hear. You can even subscribe to the podcast so that you will never miss any new episode.
How Do You Sync Podcasts To Your iPhone?
If you have by mistake turned off the sync option, then here is who you will be able to turn it back on directly from Apple:
- On your iOS device, you have to go to the settings app. scroll to the podcast, and then click on it. Now, you have to click on the sync podcasts option.
- On your Mac, you have to open the podcast app. select podcast then click on preferences which you find from the menu bar.
- Next, you have to click on the advanced option and then choose the sync subscriptions across the devices.
So, this is all about how to download podcasts on iPhone. Weren’t the steps really very easy to follow? You even get to know how you will be able to download the podcasts on an Android device. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Does Sync Podcasts Mean?
The Apple iPhone developers have actually explained that the podcast library is set to sync across all the devices by default. This will allow you to pause the episode on one device. Then pick up from where you left off on some other Apple devices like iPad or Apple TV.
Q. How To Stop Podcasts From Automatically Playing On The iPhone?
If you are not interested in listening to the next episode automatically after you finish one episode. Just go to the settings option and then click on podcasts. Look for auto downloads under the subscription defaults.
Choose the off position or the auto downloads and you will have to deal with the podcasts as they will not play automatically on your iPhone.