Did you create or join a server on Discord that you now find of no use to you? This often happens when certain people become members of the channels on that Discord server which make things boring or useless for you. At such point, you should consider getting rid of that sever. So, do you know how to leave a Discord server?
Discord servers let you join various channels on Discord, be it text channels or voice channels. You can chat with other members who have joined the same channel through these channels by texting or simply sending a voice message. These channels also let you share images, videos, links, music, etc.
To leave a Discord server, you will need to select that server icon and choose the option to leave that server. After confirmation of your decision, you will no longer be a part of that Discord server.
If you want to know all the possible ways to delete a Discord server, then we are here to provide you with all the detailed information on how to leave a Discord server.
How To Leave A Discord Server?
If you want to leave a Discord server, you can do this either from your desktop, be it a PC or Mac, or leave the Discord server from your Discord mobile app on Android or iOS.
The methods to leave a Discord server will depend on what kind of server you want to leave, whether the Discord server you want to leave has been created by you or someone else. This decides which steps you will have to follow to leave the Discord server.
How To Leave A Discord Server On PC and Mac?
If you use Discord on your PC or Mac, you will need to follow the steps provided in this very section if you want to leave a Discord server.
- Launch the Discord app on your desktop.
- Look for the server that you want to leave on the left side of your screen, then select it.
- You will see the server name on the top left of the screen. When you click on it, a drop-down menu will show up.
- From the menu, select the Leave Server option.
- Confirm that you want to discord leave server in the pop-up box on the screen.
Once you have followed all the steps mentioned above, you will be removed from that Discord server you wanted to leave. This is how to leave a discord server on computer.
*Once you have left a Discord server, you cannot rejoin it again unless someone from the same server sends you an invite to join the server.*
How To Leave A Discord Server On iOS?
Although most people prefer using Discord on their desktop, if you are operating Discord from your iOS device, you can follow the steps below if you want to leave a Discord server.
- Launch the Discord app on your iOS.
- On the left side of the main screen, look for the server you want to leave.
- Tap on the selected Discord server.
- Now, tap on the three dots that you will see on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the “Leave Server” option from there.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm your decision—tap on “Yes” to leave the server.
Now, you are not a part of that server you wanted to leave. You will no longer be able to participate in the channels of that server. This is how to leave from discord server.
How To Leave A Discord Server On Android?
The steps to leave a Discord server are the same on Android and iOS devices. Yet, for your convenience, here are the steps that you may follow if you want to leave a Discord server on Android.
- Launch the Discord app on your Android device.
- On the left sidebar of the screen, look for the server you wish to leave.
- Next to the server’s name, tap on the three dots.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select the “Leave Server” option.
- A pop-up box will appear. Tap on “Leave Server” again to confirm your action.
Now, you are no longer a part of that Discord server you just left.
How To Leave A Discord Server As The Owner?
If you made a server on Discord but no longer want to use it, you will need to delete that server because you cannot leave a Discord server that you own. Here are the steps you can follow to delete a Discord server if you are its owner.
- Launch the Discord app on your device.
- Tap on your server at the top-left of the screen, and a drop-down menu will appear.
- Tap on the Server Settings.
- Now, from the menu that will appear, click on the “Delete Server” button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- You will be asked to enter your Server’s name and click on the “Delete Server” button again. Do as directed.
After you do the same as mentioned above, the server will be deleted on Discord, and none of the members that used that server will be able to find it again.
How To Leave A Discord Server Without Deleting It?
Sometimes, you may not want to delete the Discord server you created so that the other users of that server might not lose their access to it. In such conditions, it is better that you transfer the owner of that Discord server to another user and then leave that Discord server.
You can follow the steps provided below transfer the ownership of your Discord server to another user so that you can leave that Discord server without deleting it for all the users.
- Launch the Discord app on your desktop.
- At the top-left of your screen will be your server’s name. Click on the downwards directing arrow next to your server name.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Tap on the “Server Settings” menu.
- On the menu to the left of the screen, click on “Members.”
- A list of all the members of that Discord server will be displayed on the screen. Search for the user to whom you want to transfer the ownership of your server.
- Tap on the three dots next to that user’s name.
- Now, tap on the “Transfer Ownership” option from there.
Once you have transferred the ownership of your Discord server to another user, you are no longer the owner of that server. This means that you can now freely leave that Discord server without having to delete it.
We hope that you have found out all the possible ways to leave a Discord server, no matter who created it. If you find this article useful, share it with your friends who you think need to know about it. For more such articles related to Discord or any other social media platform, please keep visiting our site Deasilex.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How To Delete A Discord Channel?
To delete a channel on Discord, open Discord, go to the channel you want to delete, and click on the gear icon next to the channel name. Tap on Delete Channel. Confirm your action.
2. How To Clear A Discord Chat?
You can’t clear an entire Discord chat. However, you can delete the messages you want to from your history. The deleted messages will not be visible to you when you do so, but all the other users in that chat can see those messages.
3. How To Add Roles In Discord?
Log in to a server on Discord and open the drop-down menu. Click on the Server Settings. Now click on Roles from the left sidebar. To add a role, click on the plus sign present there. Add the role and save the changes made.