Well, Mastodon is a social media platform that is one of the most famous Fediverse apps. One of the famous reasons is that it is a stable, easy-to-learn application that will answer the increased demand for a worthy Twitter replacement. But if you want to log in to Mastodon as admin and create your own channel then this post on how to login Mastodon as admin will help you out.
Elon musk is now the owner of Twitter and we do know that there are many of us who aren’t liking the changes that he plans to bring to the popular social network. There are many Twitter users who are looking for an alternative to Twitter and Mastodon has come to the rescue since Mastodon has considered one of the best Twitter alternatives.
Now, if you want to know how to login Mastodon as admin, then we are here to help you out. Here we have mentioned a few steps that you can follow. Sign up in the browser > command line > create a new account with command line > login > site settings > save changes.
Now, we do understand that the steps above were not very clear to you. But don’t worry, we have mentioned the steps in deets below, so just scroll down and start reading.
If you want to know how to login Mastodon as admin, then here we have mentioned a are a few steps that you need to follow:
- After you have signed up in the browser you have to use the command line so that you can give your new account admin privileges.
- For instance, if your username is Alice. You can use this command line to create a new account: RAILS_ENV=production bin/toolctl1 accounts create \
–email [email protected] \
- You will now get to see a randomly generated password in the terminal.
- After you have logged in go to the Site settings page. Though there is no technical requirement to fill in this information it is still considered to be important to operate a server for humans.
- You need to fill in your username, business email
- You also need to add instance description which means why you started this server, who is this server for, and what makes your server different,
- then you have to add custom extended information where you can fill in all kinds of information however a code of conduct is suggested.
How To Follow Someone On Mastodon?
Well, there are two ways by which you can follow someone, you can either do it from your android device or from the website itself. If you want to follow someone on Mastodon from your android device, then here are a few steps that you need to follow.
- Open the Mastodon app and click on the search tab.
- Now, go through each section and search for the person whom you want to follow.
- Click on the three-dot menu which you will find on the right-hand side of the post.
- Now, choose to follow @display name.
Follow Someone On Mastodon From The Website
To follow someone on Mastodon from the website you gotta follow these steps:
- Go to your server website and then sign in.
- Now go through the explore, local, or federates options. Look for the person whom you want to follow.
- You can even search for the users through the website in the upper left-hand side corner of the screen.
- Now, choose the display name so that you can follow the user’s profile.
- Click on the following button.
Is Mastodon Safer Than Twitter?
Well, Mastodon is what you make of it, because of its decentralized nature if you are searching for a more controlled online experience then you can anytime join this server since it does not have any strict regulations against harassment.
There are some Mastodon features that are also built considering mitigating harassment. For instance, you can only search for hashtags not by words that show up in a toot. So, if you want your post to be discoverable then you can tag it. However, if you limit your audience then no one will be able to find your tweet just by searching its name. So, you have to tag it to be searched.
So that’s all about how to login Mastodon as admin. The steps may be a bit confusing but you need to follow the steps as mentioned. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Is Mastodon’s Moderation Policy?
Well, the individual server admins set their own moderation policies so you need to read the policy on the server that you select to make sure that it matches up with your values.
Q. Can You Talk To People On Other Mastodon Servers Apart From Your Own Server?
Yes, absolutely you can follow people outside your local server and then reply to their posts. But if you want to follow someone on a different server then you need to enter their username in the search box on your server to find them and then follow them. You will not be able to just go to their profile and hit the follow button as you would on Twitter.
Q. Can You Post Threads On Mastodon?
Yes, you can post threads but this function is not built into Mastodon officially as it is in Twitter, instead, you have to build the threads in an old-fashioned way by replying to your own posts.