Snapchat is one of the best apps for casual conversations between friends. It has many features that you can customize to express your creativity. Like it lets you add your personal touch to everything, whether it’s sending random snaps to friends or making a boring conversation fun by sending GIFs. Wondering how to send GIFs on Snapchat? Keep reading to know the tricks!
Snapchat being a popular photo-sharing app comes with this cool feature that allows you to add GIFs. This means that Snapchat’s main focus is to make the photos interactive and creative. GIFs are a great way to get the message across. GIF stickers are very popular and for good reasons. These animated emojis add humor to your digital photos and enhance the overall digital experience.
By now, you surely want to know how to send GIFs on Snapchat, right? If so, then we have compiled a detailed guide that will show you how to share GIFs on Snapchat using 4 different methods. Now you can bombard your friends with witty and hilarious GIFs making the group chat conversations even more exciting. Enjoy!
How To Make Your Own GIFs?
How about creating your own GIF?
So, before knowing How To Send GIFs On Snapchat, let’s see more about GIFs and how you can create them yourself.
GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format. These are animated moving images (think Harry Potter). They keep going in an infinite loop. These add an interesting dimension to images that are otherwise boring and static.
GIFs can be so much fun. You could have an entire conversation with them. Here’s how to create your own GIFs.
To create custom GIFs, you’ll need to use the GIPHY application. Let’s start now, without further delay.
- Install the GIPHY App on Your Phone.
- Open the app on your phone, and click the “Create” button.
- There are three options available: Smile icon, Take A Photo, and Gallery Option.
- Smile Icon: You can use this option to edit GIFs.
- Take a photo: This option allows you to take photos on the spot and convert them into GIFs.
- Gallery Option: Select a photo from your gallery to be edited into a GIF.
- Depending on your preferences, pick one option and get started creating.
- After you’re done, click the arrow in the bottom right corner.
- Go to Create GIFs and tap the three vertical dots.
- Finally, click on Save GIF.
- The GIF will be saved to your images. You can then access it whenever you need it.
Also, read How Do You Know If Someone Unfriended You On Snapchat? 6 Ways To Find!!
How To Send GIFs On Snapchat?
GIFs can be added to your snaps in just a few steps. This is how it works.
- Log in to your Snapchat account using the app you have downloaded from your phone.
- Upload a photo from your gallery or snap a photo.
- Click on the sticker icon to add additional elements to your snap.
- Choose the GIF option to choose any GIF that you wish.
- After you’ve selected the GIF, you can adjust it and place it wherever you want.
- Click on the arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen to send the snaps to your friends.
You can now add GIFs directly to your Snaps!
How To Send GIFs On Snapchat Using Your Camera Roll?
This is a different case than the one before. Instead of adding animated GIF emoticons to images, if you wish to send a funny GIF file to Snapchat from a source you found on the Internet, this is how to do it.
- It would be best if you had the GIF that you want to include in your image gallery.
- Navigate to the gallery to locate the GIF.
- Click the Share button to choose the Snapchat icon.
- Snapchat will display the GIF. You can choose to share it with your friends or make it a story.
Snapchat is always fun with friends. Learn How To Create A Group Chat On Snapchat? and keep the fun going!
How To Send GIFs On Snapchat Messages For Android?
You will need to first install the GBoard app on your phone to send GIFs directly to Android friends.
How To Enable Gboard For Android?
These instructions will guide you through the installation and activation of Gboard. You can then send GIFs directly using this app.
- Install the Gboard app on your Android phone.
- Start the application and click “Enable in Settings.”
- The Settings menu will display the “Language & Input” menu.
- Choose the Gboard option from the keyboards listed.
- Click on the “Select Input Method.”
- A pop-up will be displayed with default keyboard options. Select “GBoard.”
- Click on “Set Permissions” to continue.
- Select the “Allow” option
- Click on “Done.”
These steps will enable Gboard to include a large number of GIFs.
Once the Gboard is installed, you can send GIFs to Snapchat conversations. These steps will help you learn how to do it.
- Log in to your Snapchat account by opening the Snapchat app.
- Click the “Chats” button at the bottom of the menu.
- Choose the friend to whom you would like to send the GIF.
- Open the Chat and choose the “GIF” option.
- There are many options available. Choose the GIF that you want to send
- Click on the blue arrow to send the GIF
- It’s so easy! You can now send GIFs directly to your friends.
Curious to know who’s your best friend’s closest buddy on Snapchat? Check out How To See Someone’s Snapchat Friend List!
How To Send GIFs On Snapchat Messages In iOS?
GIFs can be sent directly to friends via Snapchat messages using the GIPHY keyboard. You’ll need to enable the keyboard first.
To enable GIPHY keyboard for iPhone:
- Go to the Apple Store to download the GIPHY app for your iPhone.
- After the application has been installed, you’ll need to activate the GIPHY keyboard on your iPhone.
- Go to the iPhone settings menu and tap on “General.”
- Scroll down and select the Keyboard option. Click on “Keyboards” again.
- All the additional keyboards will now be visible. Click on the “Add New Keyboard” button to add GIPHY.
- Scroll down and select “GIPHY” under the category of third-party keyboards.
- Go back to the keyboards menu, and click GIPHY.
- Click the “Allow Full Access” button.
GIPHY has been enabled. In the next step, we will demonstrate using the GIPHY Keyboard.
- Start the Snapchat app and click on Chat.
- To start a chat with a friend, select any of the following:
- Tap on the globe icon with your keyboard.
- To launch the keyboard, select GIPHY.
- You will see several GIFs. Tap on any GIF to send it.
- Click on the Send button.
- You can now send GIFs directly from the keyboard.
Also read, How To Enable Dark Mode In Snapchat? Switch To No Strain Scrolling!
Snapchat doesn’t allow GIFs to work.
Let’s say you want to send GIFs to Snapchat via Chat or by adding them in the photo. The feature will not work if you click on the “GIF” button. If you’re still having trouble sending GIFs to Snapchat despite following all the steps above, you’ll need to first update your Snapchat app.
GIF is a relatively new feature, so upgrading the application to the latest version is important.
We have more Snapchat tutorials for you if you like our blog. Do share the post with your friends.