Have you recently bought a second-hand phone online? Did you find out that the owner is still signed in to the device and has not removed their iCloud details? If that is the case then unlocking the phone can be difficult. But don’t worry we are here for you. This post on How to unlock iCloud locked iPhone will help you out.
In order to secure your device and its data Apple has included a feature that is known as Find My iPhone on its products. When you use this feature with your iPhone then your iPhone will not be used without you entering your iCloud login details. This will help to keep thieves and other people from using or reactivating your device.
Now, if you want to know how to unlock iCloud locked iPhone, then here we have mentioned a few ways that will help you fix your issue. if you remember your Apple ID password, if you don’t remember your Apple ID password, contact previous owner.
Now, if you did not get the steps that we have mentioned above then you need not worry because we have mentioned them in the below section. All you gotta do is scroll down and read them.
How To Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone?
Here we have mentioned a few ways that will surely help you to know How to unlock iCloud locked iPhone. So now, without wasting any more time let’s quickly get to know the steps.
1. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone If You Remember Your Apple ID Password
These steps are quite easy to follow and will let you know How to unlock iCloud locked iPhone. So, let’s get to know the steps that you need to follow.
- You will see the activation lock screen when it is locked to your iCloud.
- Enter the apple ID username along with the password so that you can use it to set up your iPhone.
- If you have forgotten your apple id password then you can easily reset it with the help of a recovery email address or by answering the security questions.
Related: Why Are My Messages Sending Green To Another iPhone?
2. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone If You Don’t Remember Your Apple Id Password
Now, if you don’t remember your apple ID password and want to know How to unlock iCloud locked iPhone, then here are a few steps that you need to follow. You can try to use the lightweight iPhone unlocker EaseUS MobiUnlock to remove the activation lock from your device which will help you regain control over your device without any issues.
On the basis of whether you can remember your screen lock, it provides two ways to unlock an iCloud-locked iPhone. One way you can do this is by unlocking your iCloud account through its unlock apple ID feature if you know the screen passcode. Another way is by using its remove activation lock feature if you don’t remember the screen passcode.
Considering the fact that most of the users will remember their screen passcode here’s how you can unlock your iCloud-locked iPhone through the unlock apple ID feature.
- First, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer and then open EaseUS MobiUnlock. Choose bypass activation lock.
- Here you need to click on I agree and start options to go to the next step.
- Once that is done your iCloud activation lock for your iPhone will be successfully bypassed.
Related: How To Minimize YouTube On iPhone ? Easy Steps To Follow!
3. Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone If You Can Contact The Previous Owner
If your device is iCloud locked to the previous owner from whom you have brought it then you can try to contact them to disconnect the iCloud account from its account with your device or use the iCloud website. Here’s what you need to do:
- Ask the previous owner to log in with their apple ID and password on the iPhone.
- Sign out of their iCloud account by going to the settings tab. Click on your name and then click on iCloud following the sign-out option.
- If you are using a device that is running iOS 10.2 and earlier then you need to go to the settings, iCloud, and then click on sign out.
- When you are asked for their apple ID credentials you can even ask the original owner to enter them.
- Click on the sign-out option followed by delete from my iPhone on your iOS 10.1 and earlier.
- Or you can even click on turn off on iOS 10.3 and later versions.
- Erase your devices by opening the setting, then click on the general option. Now, you have to click on the reset option and then hit erase all content and settings.
- Then you can even activate your device without the activation lock screen.
However, if you cannot contact the original owner here’s what you need to do:
- Open iCloud.com and then sign in to your iCloud account.
- Now, choose the find my iPhone option and choose all devices.
- Then you have to choose your iPhone.
- Hit the erase button and then you will be able to restart your iPhone and set it up as a new one.
Related: How To Change WiFi To 2.4GHz On iPhone | 5 Steps To Try!
So now after reading this post you do know How to unlock iCloud locked iPhone. Here we have mentioned a few easy methods that will help you to easily fix your issue. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Get Your iCloud Account Unlocked?
If you are not able to log in to your iCloud you need to reset your apple id password or recover your apple account. If your apple ID has been disabled then you have to contact the apple support team.
Q. How To Turn Off iCloud On Your iPhone?
To turn off iCloud on your iPhone you need to go to settings and then click on your name followed by the sign out option. Now, you need to enter your apple ID and then click on the turn off option.
Q. How To Unlock Your iPhone?
To unlock a carrier-locked iPhone you have to contact the carrier with the account holder’s information along with the IMEI number. Carriers have different processes and policies when it comes to unlocking iPhones.