Twitch is the most admired and famous online streaming platform. Millions of people visit this platform on a daily basis to interact, chat, present their talents, and have their entertainment dose. Twitch is a developer’s Dreamland.
Twitch is the world’s leading live streaming platform for gamers and for things we love to do. It broadcasts eSports competitions and live video game streaming. Apart from that you can find music, creative content, artwork, talk shows, etc. if you’re a fan of such content and wish to download it to watch later, then do read this post till the end as we have disclosed the best ways to download Twitch VODs.
In this post, we have covered various things related to Twitch VODs and the ways to do so. Here’s what you’ll get:
- What is a Twitch VOD?
- How To Enable VOD Storage?
- Options For Your Videos
- How To Download Twitch VODs?
Let’s get started by understanding what a VOD actually means. Also, find ways to watch the missed out live streams by downloading VODs.
Wish To Grow Your Twitch Community? Check out How To Buy Twitch Followers and Boost Your Page Visit in a Shot!
What is a Twitch VOD?
VOD means Video On Demand. It’s the content available in archive form. Previously, VODs were available via Twitch live streaming which are not available now. VODs allow your Twitch community to stream content that is missing online and helps your channel to grow.
How To Enable VOD Storage?
By enabling VOD storage, you can have the access to download any outer content (say videos and files) on the app itself. To enable this setting, follow the following steps:
- Open Twitch. Go to “Stream Settings”.
- Or you can also navigate this setting from your Creator Dashboard itself. Expand the “Settings” button present at the left.
- Now, click on “Stream”.
- You’ll find a “Stream Key & Preferences” section there. Click on that.
- Now, enable “Store Past Broadcasts” by turning on the button to right.
Options For Your Videos
Want to know what all features you get with VOD to edit your videos? Here is the list of options available for your videos on Twitch.
Click the 3 vertical dots on the right side of any video. A list of different options in the form of a drop-down menu.
The first option that will be available to you is the “edit” option. You can edit the title, language, category, description, etc. for any video. You can also adjust the size of the video, remove tags and change the permission for who all can view your video.
To save the changes, don’t forget to click on the “save changes” option. If you want to cancel the editing, simply click “cancel”.
The second available option is “Add To”. If you click on it, you’ll see two options will appear on the screen.
- Collection: Here you can store your video playlists and can show off your creativity to others. Make a collection of different videos and let it show on your highlights.
- Rerun Queue: You can use rerun to change the order of videos in which they’ll be played. Or you can also add or remove videos from your channel using this feature.
The third option is “download”. To download any video you can simply click on this option. This helps to easily download any content on your channel.
Recording your latest gaming session on YouTube or Twitch? Do check out: 5 Best Free Webcam Recorders and Screen Recording Software
The fourth option is “Highlight”. Just like we create story highlights on Instagram, the same can be done here too. You just have to click on the “highlight” option and can create any highlight you want to create for your channel easily.
The fifth option is the “watch” option. You can easily view the downloaded content by clicking on the watch option. Both the published and unpublished content or VODs can be viewed inside your Video Producer.
Sixth is the “Export” option. You can easily export any of your video content to other platforms like YouTube. You just have to link your Twitch account with YouTube and can easily start exporting files from one channel to another.
When you enable the VOD storage option, all the VODs get published automatically. To unpublish them, here the option to Unpublish the videos and make them inaccessible to the public.
Last but not the least, you get a delete option in the list. Delete any video using this. Either delete all the videos at once or you can delete in batches of 20 at a time.
Best Way To Download Twitch VODs
To begin the download process, make sure you’ve downloaded any free video convertor factory on your laptops. Now follow these steps:
- In order to download Twitch VODs, visit the channel from where you wish to download the VODs.
- Now click the “videos” tab.
- Open any video and copy the link to that video.
- Now open the free Twitch video/VOD downloader in a separate window. Click on the “downloader” option.
- Now press the “+ new download” option. Here you need to paste your copied URL.
- Click “analyze”. A list of all the resolutions that can be downloaded from the twitch VOD appears.
- You just have to choose the one you need and select “ok”.
- Hit the “download” button and the VOD will be saved on twitch.
You may also like to have a look at the: List of Best Streaming Sites of 2021 to Watch Online TV Series For Free
Hope this helped you to understand the growing demand for VODs and gave you the ways to download Twitch VODs easily. Now you don’t have to miss anything. Stream the missing content easily by downloading it through VOD.
Featured Image Credits: Aiseesoft