Last Updated on 2 weeks by Koushal Jaral
Who doesn’t love Discord because of its wide range of features? Discord, a popular chatting platform has made its place in the hearts of millions of users by being a common platform to stay in touch with like-minded people. However, Discord network errors are pretty common on the app. So, let’s figure out how to fix Discord temporary network error to stay away from Discord connection issues!
An unstable internet connection on Discord can be the common reason why users come across temporary network errors on the platform. Whether it is the Discord status or an unstable internet connection on Discord, what’s more important is to know how to fix Discord temporary network error, so that the issue is resolved quickly.
To fix Discord temporary network error, you need to check the Discord status, check your internet connection, disable the airplane mode, clear browser cache and cookies, disable your VPN, change the DNS settings, force shutdown of the app, update the app, uninstall and reinstall, run Discord as administrator, or contact the support team to solve Discord connection issues.
Facing the Discord network error can be pretty frustrating. So, let’s dive right in to troubleshoot the problem by learning how to fix Discord temporary network error!
What Is A Temporary Network Error On Discord?
Before jumping into how to fix Discord temporary network error, it is important to understand what this error means. So, the temporary network error on Discord highlights the server outage on Discord’s end. This error prevents Discord users from accessing their Discord accounts. Their Discord screen might turn entirely white and even gets stuck in several cases. If the error is on Discord’s end, then it gets resolved in some time. However, sometimes the error can even be caused due to several problems on the user’s end also.
What Are The Reasons For Discord’s Temporary Network Error White Screen?
While using the Discord platform if your screen displays, “Discord we’ve encountered a temporary network error, but we are working to resolve the issue”, then you might be puzzled and wonder why is your screen displaying this message. Well, this is what we call a temporary network error! So, here is a list of the common reasons why users come across such errors on Discord that makes their screen appear white.
1. Internet Connection Issues: The most common reason for the network error on Discord is a poor or unstable internet connection. Internet connectivity issues mostly cause temporary errors on the Discord app.
2. Server Outage of Discord: Another common reason why your screen can display “Discord we’ve encountered a temporary network error, but we are working to resolve the issue” is because of a server outage on Discord’s end.
3. Proxy Server issues: If you are using a proxy server, then it might be blocked or configured incorrectly by Discord, thus hindering you from accessing your Discord account.
4. Corrupted Data on Discord app: If your device has some corrupted Discord app data accumulated on your Discord app, then it can also cause problems in connecting with the app, and accessing most of its features.
5. Temporary Glitch: There can be a temporary glitch or bug in your Discord app that is stopping you from accessing the app, and causing a temporary network error.
Fix: Discord An Unknown Network Error
To fix Discord temporary network error, you can check the Discord server status and wait for some time, check your internet connection, disable the airplane mode, clear the browser cache and cookies, disable your VPN, change the DNS settings, force shut down and restart the application, update your Discord app, uninstall and reinstall the app, run Discord as administrator, or contact the Discord support team.
Fix 1: Check The Discord Server Status
The most common reason why many users come across the temporary network error on Discord is due to the server status of the app. If the server status of Discord is down, then it is a technical error from the Discord app’s end. Since patience is the key to success, so users can’t do anything to fix Discord temporary network error apart from waiting for some time. Since it is a temporary error, it will be fixed on its own. To confirm whether the app’s server status is down or not, you can visit DiscordStatus.com any time, and make sure that the app’s servers are working properly.
Fix 2: Check Your Internet Connection
If you have confirmed that the Discord server status is working correctly, then the reason for the temporary network issue can be a poor and unstable internet connection. If your device is connected to an unstable network connection, then most of the features of the Discord app won’t be accessed by you. Moreover, your Discord app can display a white screen. So, it is important that you switch to a fast and stable network connection to fix Discord temporary network error and access your Discord account.
Fix 3: Disable The Airplane Mode
If the airplane mode is turned on on your device, then it can disable the cellular data and internet connection. So, if the airplane mode has accidentally been turned on on your device, then it can trigger temporary network errors on Discord. So, it is essential that you disable the airplane mode if it has been turned on as it has been an effective way to fix Discord temporary network error for many Discord users.
Fix 4: Clear The Browser And Discord App Cache And Cookies
If you use the Discord account via a web browser and your web browser has some accumulated data that is corrupted, then it can be another factor contributing to the temporary network error on your Discord app. So, to fix this issue on your Discord app, you need to clear the browser cache and cookies. Follow the steps mentioned below to clear the browser cache and cookies and fix Discord temporary network error.
- Open your web browser.
- Then, press the Ctrl, Shift, and Delete buttons together.
- Next, tick the checkboxes against the Cookies and other site data and cached image files option.
- Then, click on the Clear data option.
- Once done, access your Discord account, and check if now the error persists.
It is even important that you clear your Discord app’s cache if you access the Discord account from your Discord app. So, follow the steps that have been mentioned below to clear your Discord app’s cache.
- On your Windows, click on the Start button.
- Next, go to the Settings option.
- Then, click on the Apps section, and then on the Apps & Features option.
- Now, click on the Discord option.
- Next, click on the Advanced options, and then finally, click on the reset button, and access your Discord account.
Fix 5: Disable Your VPN
If you are using a VPN connection to access your Discord account, then it is better that you disable the VPN connection because it can be the root cause of error messages on your Discord app. Sometimes, your VPN connection interferes with the Discord connectivity and causes a temporary network error. So, to fix Discord temporary network error, disable your VPN connection, and access your Discord account without any VPN.
Fix 6: Change The DNS Settings
Sometimes, the DNS cache can be the reason for temporary network errors on Discord. So, to fix the issue you are currently facing, you can try flushing the DNS settings. Follow the steps that have been mentioned below to change the DNS settings.
- Click on the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Next, in the search bar, type “cmd”.
- Then, click on the Run as Administrator option.
- Now, type “ipconfig /flushdns” in the command prompt window.
- Then, press the enter button.
- Wait until the process is completed and then restart your device.
Fix 7: Force Shut Down And Restart The App
Some users have witnessed that simply force shutting the Discord app and restarting the app has helped them to fix Discord temporary network error. If there is any minor glitch with the app, that can easily be fixed by a forced shutdown of the app. For that, follow the steps that have been mentioned below.
- Close the Discord app from your device.
- Now, tap on the home button, and close all the opened tabs.
- Then, press the side button on your device.
- Now, tap on the restart button.
Fix 8: Update Your Discord App
To keep your device away from any minor bugs or glitches, it is crucial that you keep your device as well as the apps installed on your device updated. Not only does it help in accessing the latest features introduced by the app, but you can also kick off the minor bugs. As it is possible that several errors are displayed on your device’s screen due to minor bugs, so you can update your Discord app, and fix Discord temporary network error on your device. Here is how you can check for updates related to your Discord app.
On iOS devices:
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Next, tap on the search bar.
- Now, write the Discord app’s name in the search bar.
- Then, if the open option appears next to the app’s name, then it means that your Discord app is updated.
- However, if the update option appears next to the app’s name, then tap on the update button.
On Android devices:
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Next, tap on the search bar at the top.
- Then, type the Discord app’s name into the search bar.
- Now, if the open option appears next to the Discord app’s name, then your app is updated to the latest version.
- However, if the update option appears, then tap on the Update button.
Fix 9: Uninstall And Reinstall The App
If updating the Discord app does not help you to fix Discord temporary network error, then it is better that you uninstall the Discord app from your device, and reinstall it. This will help in removing any temporary glitches on the app. Moreover, a corrupted installed file can be the reason for temporary network issues. So, you can uninstall the app, then navigate to the official website, and reinstall the Discord app to resolve such errors.
Fix 10: Run Discord As Administrator
To fix Discord temporary network error, you can run the Discord app as administrator. This will help the Discord app to make the necessary changes to your device and thus, your app will work perfectly. So, to run Discord as an administrator, you need to open your Discord app on your Computer. Then, right-click on the app, and then click on the Run as Administrator option.
Fix 11: Contact The Discord Support Team
The last resort for you to fix Discord temporary network error if nothing is working for your Discord app is to reach out to the customer support team of Discord. The official support team will help you find additional troubleshooting ways to fix the error on your Discord device. For that, you can navigate to the official website of Discord, and click on the Support option, then, scroll all the way down, and click on the Email option. From there, you can type in the entire issue to get an effective solution for your problem.
Discord is a popular social media platform used by millions of people worldwide, especially for its large variety of features. However, the platform is not error-free, and users keep complaining about several errors every now and then. The most common problem faced by many users is related to the temporary network error. Since it is a temporary error, so you need not worry much about that. We have dropped the best related to how to fix Discord temporary network error, so you can also try all the ways, and fix Discord temporary network error whenever you encounter this issue because this is a common problem that can repeatedly be faced by users on the Discord platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why Is My Discord Lagging, But My Internet Is Fine?
A. The most common reasons why your Discord app can lag in spite of having a good internet connection is due to server outages or because a number of apps are running in the background of your device.
Q2. Why Won’t Discord Open On My Computer, Windows 10?
A. Your Discord app won’t open on your Computer, Windows 10 because of the stored cache files. So, you will have to clear the cache from your device to fix the problem.
Q3. Does Discord Slow Down WIFI?
A. No, Discord does not slow down your WiFi connection, instead, it is your current settings on your device that cause lagging in your device and Discord app.
Q4. Why Is Discord Stuck On RTC Connecting?
A. If your Discord is stuck on the RTC connecting, then it can be an error caused due to your internet connection.