Do you know Instagram has rolled out a new feature? This feature that has been rolled out by Instagram is actually good for brands and creators. So, what is this new feature after all? Well, the new feature is the add event reminder on Instagram. Do you know How to Add Event Reminder on Instagram?
This add event reminder introduced by Instagram is actually very helpful. This add event reminder will have a bell icon in the corner of your post. Users can click on this bell icon and it will show the upcoming event details and will help to choose the reminder about the event. Furthermore, you will also be able to share the posts to your story with a little reminder tag so that people can opt-in to be reminded from there also.
Now, if you want to use the add event reminder feature, but don’t know How to Add Event Reminder on Instagram? Then you have come to the right place. Here, we will discuss what steps you need to use the add event reminder on Instagram. Create new Instagram post > add reminder > add relevant information > done.
Dint understand what’s mentioned above? Ahh ok, no worries, we have mentioned all the steps below that you need to follow. So, let’s not waste any more time and quickly get started.
What Is Instagram Add Event Reminders?
Before we discuss How to Add Event Reminder on Instagram? Let us first get to know what is the Instagram event reminder. The Instagram reminder feature is for the feed posts. When you add the reminder to your post the users will be able to opt to receive a notification about the event or promotion that you have highlighted in your content.
Just after the designated time, Instagram will automatically send notifications to the users who have turned on the reminder. They will get an activity feed notification 24 hours in advance, 15 minutes before the event starts, and also at the start time, users who have the push notification enabled will also get the reminder 15 minutes before and at the start time.
How To Add Event Reminder On Instagram?
Now, let’s discuss How to Add Event Reminder on Instagram? But before you create the reminder you need to upload the video or photo that you want to post to your Instagram feed. Here are a few easy peasy steps that you need to follow:
- When you have added the required media and have edited it, then you have to click on the next button which you will find in the top right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Click on the add reminder option.
- Now, think of a name for your event, and then click on the reminder name field so that you can type it.
- Click on the start time so that you can select the date of the event.
- Select a suitable time and then click on the done option.
- Moreover, you can even specify the last day of the event which is optional. For instance, you can add the end date of the sale. To do it you need to choose the end time.
- Click on the done option.
- To finish setting the reminder click on the done option and then hit the share button.
And that’s it your post with the reminder has been published on Instagram. Now, your Instagram followers will get to see the reminder. If you want to get the notification then you can just hit the bell icon under the post and then click on remind me option.
How To Cancel Event Reminders On IG Posts?
Well, you will be able to turn off the event reminder on your Instagram post at any time. There are mainly two ways by which you can do it. Delete the reminder on the post or delete the post that has the reminder.
Let’s discuss the steps you need to follow to delete the reminder on the post.
- Open Instagram publication where you want to delete the event. Click on the three dots.
- Select the edit option and then click on the date when the event will start.
- Click on the delete event option.
- Confirm the action by clicking on the delete option again.
- Click on the done option to save the changes that you have made.
How To Edit The Event Reminder On The Instagram Post?
If you have mistakenly specified the wrong time or if you want to make any change to the event name then don’t delete the publication, you can simply edit it. If you don’t know how to edit the event reminder on your Instagram post then here’s what you need to do.
- Open the post that you want to edit. Click on the three dots.
- Select edit and then click on the date when the event will start.
- Select what you want to change, for instance, edit the name field.
- Hit the done button and click on it again to save the results.
After reading this post you do know How to Add Event Reminder on Instagram. You can follow the steps that we have mentioned above and easily create a reminder for your post. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which Post Types Allow Reminders?
Well, the reminder feature works with the feeds post only which includes the images, carousels, and videos. However, this feature is not available for reels and stories then there are some workarounds that will allow you to promote the reminder in the non-feed content.
Q. Who Can Create The Instagram Reminder?
The reminder feature is available for Instagram professional accounts that include businesses and creators. When the feature became available for your account you can see the pop-up notification.