As smartphones are getting more popular, teenagers are getting easy access to the internet. Once they have access to the internet, they are open to all sorts of things. Although you cannot stop them from using a smartphone, you can take certain measures to block porn or any kind of adult content on their android phone. This post will guide you How to block a website on chrome without using an extension.
There can be so many reasons apart from this one to block a site. Like too many advertisements, sites including viruses, privacy issues, or any other issue. If you’re facing any such issue then do read this article till last to find out different ways to block any unwanted site from chrome or firefox.
Chrome is the most popular and widely used web browser. In order to use the web browser with full convenience, here we have mentioned:
- How to Block a Website On Chrome Without An Extension
- How To Block a Website On Chrome Using An Extension
Now that you know what we are gonna talk about, so, let’s get ahead and find out ways to block any unwanted website on chrome.
How To Block A Website On Chrome Without An Extension
Here are 2 Steps to help you block a website on chrome without an extension and that too using your smartphone. Go ahead and follow these steps:
Step 1: Enable Google safe search on your browser
The first thing that you need to do is make sure the kids do not accidentally discover adult content while browsing the web.
Thankfully Google has a safe search option that will block explicit websites from google search results. To activate safe search on google, follow these steps:
- Open any preferred browser. Now go to google.com.
- Locate settings and tap on them. You should now turn on the “filter explicit results” option.
- Save the settings.
Step 2: Enable DNS Filtering
The best way to block inappropriate websites is by setting up DNS Filtering. Open DNS offers an easy way to do this on any android device. To apply DNS filtering on your android device follow these simple steps:
- Open the settings option on your mobile phone.
- Now go to the WiFi option. Long press the network you want to apply filtering to.
- Tap manage network settings. Now, expand the ‘Advanced options.
- Change IP settings from DHCP to static.
- Now in the DNS 1 and DNS, 2 fields enter these two values respectively.
DNS 1: 22.214.171.124
DNS 2: 126.96.36.199
- Save the settings.
Now, if you try visiting any adult sites using any browser, you’ll find it blocked. Remember the DNS filtering is applied only to the Wi-Fi network you selected. You can still bypass the filtering by connecting to mobile data on other Wi-Fi networks.
How To Block A Website On Chrome With Extension
If you have a chrome extension, it becomes easy to block any site within seconds. The best-used extension for this purpose is “Block Site”.Follow these easy steps to block any unwanted site from your chrome browser.
- Open the Block Site Page. It’s a free plugin on chrome that can be used to block different pages or websites. Add Block Site extension to your chrome browser by clicking on the “add to chrome” option.
- On the top right-hand corner of your chrome, you’ll find the extension icon.
- Open the website you wish to block. Now click the extension from the upper right corner (it appears like an orange shield icon).
- Now click “block this site”.
- You’ll no longer be hindered by that blocked site. You can continue this princess for several sites that you wish to block.
- In case you want to unblock any site again, you can simply go to the Block Site extension and click on “Edit block sites list”.
- Each blocked site will appear with a minus sign at the right. You’ll have to click on that minus tab and the site will get unblocked.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Blocking a Website on Chrome:
How do I restrict websites on Google Chrome?
From within the BlockSite settings page, click “Block Sites” atop the menu on the left, then manually type in the websites to be blocked on the bar to the right. 2. Go to the website you wish to block and click the red BlockSite shield, then hit “Block this site” in the popup window.
How do I block a website on Windows 10 Chrome?
Follow these steps to block a website on Windows 10 chrome:
1. Search for the “Block Site” Chrome extension, and add it to your browser.
2. Click “Add extension” in the pop-up box.
3. Check for the extension’s icon on the top-righthand corner of your Chrome screen.
4. Open the website you want to block from then on.
5. Click the extension icon from the upper right corner and click on “block this site”.
Hope now you can easily block the unwanted sites and restrict the distracting websites on chrome following the above-mentioned procedures. For any query do reach us in the comments section below.
Featured Image Credits: iTech Viral