Android has the personalization capabilities, that allow its users to change the different aspects of the user experience, including the notification sounds. Not all of us like to be informed about the little events on social networks. Don’t you get irritated that your phone rings for small events, especially on Snapchat notifications? If so, then why don’t you change the Snapchat notification sound on Android? But, do you know how to change Snapchat Notification sound on Android?
We do know that Snapchat is a very unique and famous social media platform. From the very beginning, the makers of this social media platform have tried to make the app engaging. You can post stories, and click beautiful pictures with its funny and cute filters that get added almost every day.
If you are really irritated with that ting-ting notification sound, then don’t worry, this post will help you to answer your question about how to change Snapchat Notification sound on Android and on iOS devices. Here’s how to do it, click on setting > sounds and vibration > See all apps > Snapchat app > notification > notification settings….
It is a bit lengthy process, but you needn’t worry this has been covered below. Check that out and then follow the steps as it is. Let’s check them out.
How To Change Snapchat Notification Sound On Android?
Let’s get to know how to change Snapchat Notification sound on Android. Sometimes, you may think that you have something important for you but the notification turns out to be something really silly as somebody sent you a Snap. That’s irritating especially when you are busy doing some important work.
You can change or disable the notification sounds for any social media app. If you want to know how to change the Snapchat notification sound on Android, then there are two ways by which you can do it. Check out the steps given below.
Change The System Notification Sound
This is perhaps the simplest way by which you can change Snapchat notifications on your Android device. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- On your Android device, open the settings menu.
- Choose the sound option.
- Then, click on the advanced option.
- Here you need to choose the default notification sound.
- Choose the notification sound that you want.
- Now, press the Ok option.
- In this way, your default notification sound on Android will be changed.
There is yet another way by which you can change the Snapchat notification sound on Android. You can do this without disturbing the notification sound of any other apps.
With this method, you will be able to differentiate the notification sound of Snapchat app from other apps’ notification sounds. But, this process may not work for all the Android versions. If you use an Android device with a version of 10 or above, then you can follow these steps.
- On your Android phone, open the setting menu.
- Head straight to the apps and notification menu.
- Go to the apps, and then choose Snapchat.
- Choose app info, and then, click on notifications.
- Click on the option, snaps and chats.
- Under the notification menu, select advanced.
- Click on the sound option, and then, select the notification sound that you like. You can even get the local music or sound as your notification sound. You can do this by just clicking on the ringtone from the internal storage option, or adding a notification.
- After you have selected the sound, click on the OK button.
How To Change The Snapchat Notification Sound On iPhone?
Now that we have discussed how to change Snapchat Notification sound on Android, let’s get to know how you can change notification sound on iOS devices. This may sound a bit weird, but as of now, iOS users cannot change the default Snapchat notification sound for the alerts. The iOS apps have pre-build sounds for the Snapchat message alerts.
We are not sure why Snapchat has not provided this option to iOS users. There is a set default alert tone. If you think this is the default tone of your phone then no you are wrong. This tone has been set by the Snapchat makers.
You may ask if we can change the notification sounds for other apps, then why not Snapchat? I will tell you the answer. We have an option that will help you to change the sound for the audio and video calls, that comes from Snapchat.
When you get the Snapchat calls, the ringtone will be the same as the ringtone you have for regular calls. If you want to change the ringtone for Snapchat audio or video calls on the iOS device, then follow these steps:
- On your iOS device, click on the settings menu.
- Click on the sounds and haptics option.
- Then, under the sound and vibration menu, change the sound under the ringtone. You will get many different types of tunes that you can choose from.
How To Turn Off Notification Sound On iPhone?
If you don’t want to get those irritating notification sounds on your iOS device, then here are the steps that will help you to turn off the notification sound:
- First, click on the setting menu.
- Press on the notification option.
- Then, click on the Snapchat app, and then, click on the app.
- Toggle off to turn the sound icon off.
How To Turn Off Notification Sound On Android?
Follow these easy peasy steps to turn off the notification sound on your Android device:
- Press on the setting menu, and then, click on the apps and notification option.
- Scroll down, you will find the Snapchat app, click on it.
- Press on the notification option, and then on snaps and chats.
- Then, hit on the advanced option, followed by sound, and then select none. You’re done.
So, this is how to change the Snapchat Notification sound on Android. We have also mentioned how you can turn off these notification sounds. If you have any further queries, then drop a comment in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Get The Original Snapchat Notification Sound?
If you have changed your Snapchat notification sound, and now you want it back, then you can follow the given steps and get it back.
- On your device, open the settings menu.
- Click on the apps and notification option.
- Choose an advanced option, and then on sound.
- Click on the default notification sound.
Q. Why Is The Snapchat Ringtone Not Working?
If you see that your Snapchat is not working then it could be because of the few given reasons.
- Make sure that your device is not in silent mode.
- Try to restart the app, or you can even restart your phone.
- Make sure that you have enabled the notification on the Snapchat app.
- Check that you have chosen the Snapchat ringtone to a tune or the sound and is not to None.
- If you see that the problem stays then you can delete, it and then install the app again.