The Snapchat app doesn’t permit users to alter their usernames or exchange account information between usernames. But with the new Snapchat update, you can now change your usernames and set some unique and funky profile names on Snapchat! In this post, we’ll learn how to change Snapchat username or develop a new one along with saving your companion’s usernames to add them to your latest handle.
There are situations and times when you are starting to get fed up with your present username on social media and would like to replace it with a better one. Snapchat, like other famed chatting applications, allows you to alter your name. However, all you could do was to alter your Snapchat visible name for years. But now, the chatting stage is launching a new feature to alter your actual username without deleting your account. If you seek a fix to do it, give this post a focused read to know how to change Snapchat username.
Users of Snapchat have been waiting for the platform to allow them to replace their usernames for years. Although, for a long duration, it wasn’t possible. Now, Snapchat has accepted everyone’s request and you can now actually change that embarrassing username you chose when you were 14. So, How To Change Snapchat Username?
A user’s username on any platform is the most important thing of any platform. Because that’s how other users will identify you, communicate with you, and relate to your brand. Other than that, what happens when you wish to alter or modify your username on Snapchat? The only response we used to get was “you cannot change your username until unless you delete your account and build up the latest one”.
How To Change Snapchat Username?
Initiate with a smart solution to alter your username, which is replacing it with a custom Display Name. Your username will be the same but it’ll hardly be visible to your followers.
Wondering how to change your Snapchat Username? Follow these steps to do the same :
- Enter into Snapchat.
- Click on your Bitmoji in the left of the screen.
- Click on Settings in the right of the page.
- Click on Name.
- Enter a new Display Name in the given place.
- Save it.
The name that you saved in the name field will be visible in your friend’s stories and conversations in the place of your username.
NOTE: Your friends will see your username only when they view your profile during a conversation or if they click on your Display Name.
How To Create A New Snapchat Account And Username ?
Another solution to alter your Snapchat username is to build a whole new account. If you opt for this option, you have to connect your friends manually to your new account. Here are the instructions for saving your friend’s Snapchat username and then for creating a new handle.
If you build a new profile on Snapchat, you lose data and information from the previous one, snap code, snap score, streaks, friends, chats, trophies included.
- Click on a conversation and select the New Chat icon from the right corner.
- SC till bottom, to see a your contacts in systematic order.
- Pen down each username or capture a screenshot of the list.
- Click on X, to cancel the new chat.
- Search for the first contact in your list by entering their username in the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Write down their usernames beneath their Display Name.
- Repeat the previous step and find all your contact’s usernames.
- Click on X in the search bar to exit.
- Click on your profile to access Settings.
- Slide till the end, tap on Log Out from the Settings list.
- Confirm that you wanna log out.
- Click on Sign-Up and build another account with your desired username.
- After finishing the account creating procedure, click on the search button to search your friends and families.
- Next to their usernames, tap on “Add” to add them in your latest account.
TIP: Or, if your friends are in your phone’s contact list, link your contacts to your new account to add them all together and cut down the procedure.
So, this is How To Change your Snapchat Username. In December 2021, Snapchat launched the feature to change its username. Although it was only accessible to Australians back then, now the feature is available in every nation, and users are not getting over it.
As already told, to alter your username you have to pass a whole year if you have recently changed it. If you need to change the username on an urgent basis, then deleting your old one and creating a new account is the only fix.
Other than this, you can always alter your Display Name that is visible to everyone. You shouldn’t get confused between these two.
Q1. How To Find Someone On Snapchat?
Ans. You can search for someone on Snapchat by entering their mobile number instead or username if you don’t remember it.
Q2. Where Can I Find A Snapchat Username?
Ans. In the application, click on their Bitmoji, open their profile. Below their nickname, you will find their username.