It is actually a good idea to change your Wi-Fi passwords on a regular basis. In this way, no one apart from your family, and friends will be able to access your Wi-Fi password. So, if you are using Viasat Wi-Fi, and want to change your Wi-Fi password, then here is a post on how to change Viasat Wi-Fi password. Well, many people fear being hacked is one of the worst technology nightmares.
However, the actual truth is that most personal data breaches and identity thefts do not happen because unkempt computer thieves type furiously. Actually, they are committed to the opportunities who are able to guess the weak passwords, exploit the typos in programming or they can even trick us to expose our info. That’s dangerous.
So, it becomes important that you keep changing your password every now and then. If you are using the Viasat internet and want to know how to change Viasat Wi-Fi password, then we are going to discuss it here. Open Wi-Fi menu > search Viasat modem’s Wi-Fi network > ensure you are connected…
The steps are a bit lengthy and we will not be able to cover them here, so, we have listed them below. Just scroll down a l’il bit and you will be able to find the full-fledged information on how with ease you can change your Viasat Wi-Fi password.
How To Change Viasat Wi-Fi Password?
If you want to know how to change Viasat Wi-Fi password, then, here are a few steps that you need to follow, so that you can easily change your Wi-Fi password.
- The first thing that you have to do is open the Wi-Fi network on your device. Then find the Viasat modem’s Wi-Fi network. Ensure that you are connected to the internet. If you use the factory preset login, then, you will find the default network name and Wi-Fi password printed on the sticker on your modem.
- Now, in your browser address bar, you have to type 192.168.100.1 and then, click on enter option. Next, you have to click on the Wi-Fi settings button which you will find at the top of the window.
- You have to log in to your router setup dashboard with your username and password.
- Now, you have to select a new password depending on your Viasat modem.
- You need to set a hard password that is difficult for strangers to guess, but something that you can remember. Or you can even note it down somewhere. If you want you can even rename your Wi-Fi network. The latest Wi-Fi gateway modem broadcasts on two bands: namely, 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz. If you use this modem, then you will be able to set both the bands to have the same network name and password. This will help your device to switch back and forth on the basis of which band is fast.
- Before you save any of the changes ensure you have written down the name of your new network and password. Coz you need them to connect other devices to your Wi-Fi settings.
- Now, save your new settings by just clicking on the green save button which you will find at the bottom of the settings page. As you are connected with Wi-Fi your device will get disconnected from the network at this point in time. This is because you have changed your password and the password that your device was using is now incorrect.
- To reconnect You just need to return to the Wi-Fi settings menu and choose the Wi-Fi network from the list and then enter your new password.
- Voila! You have successfully changed your Viasat Wi-Fi password.
How To Log In To Your Viasat Router?
To login to your router, here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- First, plug the gateway into your computer with the help of an ethernet cable. This is perhaps the best configuration to make the changes.
- Look for the password sticker on either the side or the bottom of the Viasat Wi-Fi gateway.
- Look for the admin password.
- Remember this password is used when the gateway is getting configured.
- Now in the browser, you have to type 192.168.100.1.
- Lastly, enter the username and password. The username will be admins and the password will be the admin passed from the gateway’s sticker.
After reading this post you now know how to change Viasat Wi-Fi password. The steps are easy but it is a bit time-consuming to change your password. Make sure that you follow the steps as is mentioned here and you will be able to successfully change your Viasat Wi-Fi password.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Fix Viasat Modem?
If you are using the Viasat modem then the first thing that you have to do is check your internet connection. Check the lights on the first of the modem, if the light is not turned on this means that there is no internet connection. You can even log in to your account and check if you have any activity there. If you see that your internet connection is working properly but you are not able to connect to the internet then try to restart your modem.
Q. How To Connect To The Viasat Modem?
Ensure that the modem is turned on and connected to the power outlet. Plug one ends of the ethernet cable into the back of the modem and then plug the other end into the computer. You will be able to see the green light at the front of your modem. if you are not able to see it then try to flip the switch on top of it. Now open the browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.