By now you must have heard about the BeReal app which is the new social media app. This app has been growing in popularity at present because of its authentic approach to social media. But have you ever thought about whether your BeReal is public or private? Do you know how to check if your BeReal is private or public?
Even though there are some bugs like the BeReal notification not working at times, this app seems to have amazed the users who really love this unique photo sharing app. This is a shining example of BeReal’s success that Instagram has copied the concept of its latest feature candid challenges.
Now, coming back to your question on how to check if your BeReal is private or public. Well, if you really want to find out this then you have come to the right place. Here are a few steps to follow. My friend’s tab > eight hours late > options > remove from discovery, means it’s public > delete my BeReal, me and it was shared with my friends.
If you did not understand the steps then don’t worry, because below you will find them mentioned in deets. So now let’s check them out.
Well, if you want to know how to check if your BeReal is private or public, then here are a few easy-peasy steps that you need to follow.
- The first thing that you have to do is open your BeReal app.
- Now, go to my friend’s tab.
- Then go to the step that says “Eight hours late”.
- Then clock on the option and if you see the option “remove from discovery” then it means that your BeReal is public, in the global discovery feed.
- But if you see the option to delete my BeReal then that means that your BeReal is shared with only my friends and it’s private.
- That’s it. This is how to check if your BeReal is private or public.
How To Make BeReal Public?
Well, tbh, there is actually no way by which you can make your BeReal account public you can easily tweak the privacy settings of your BeReal posts that will make your BeReal posts visible to all the BeReal users. Here are a few steps that you need to follow.
How to Make Bereal Public On iPhone?
- First, capture your BeReal.
- Click on my friends only option and then choose the discovery option to make your BeReal public.
- Now click on the send button to post.
How to Make Bereal Public On Android?
- Capture the BeReal.
- Now, click on the send icon.
- Choose everyone (discovery) under the send to option to make your BeReal public.
- Now, click on the send icon to post your BeReal.
- In this way, you will be able to make your BeReal posts appear on the discovery page that will be visible to all the BeReal users.
How To Make BeReal Private?
If you want to make your BeReal private then you need to check out these steps that you gotta follow.
- Open BeReal app and log into your account.
- Now, turn on your front camera and take the snap as you would take. Post it on your BeReal.
- Before you upload the post, you will get to see the option to add a caption for your post. You can even click on the text that is available under the heading and add a caption.
- Now, you will get to see the tab of option that is present on the right-hand side of the screen and click on it.
- Lastly here you can click on my friends or you can hide BeReal from shown discovery feed.
- Moreover, you can even change your BeReal to private when you need to post before sending a page that shows where you have to click on the send button.
- Now, on that same page on the left bottom side, you will see a circular icon of either my friends only or my friends and discovery. If you select my friends only your BeReal posts become private and if you select my friends and discovery, your BeReal post becomes public.
- However, one thing that you need to know is that your BeReal account is already private.
So, now, after reading this post you do know how to check if your BeReal is private or public. Weren’t the steps very easy to follow. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Happens If You Miss A Day On BeReal?
BeReal wants you to capture what you are doing in real time and this is why you get a notification from BeReal to click and post it on its platform at unknown times. However, if you miss BeReal a day then you will be marked late on the BeReal picture.
Q. What Time Zone Does BeReal Use?
Well, BeReal does not use an anytime zone, instead, it will just send you a notification at any random time to post on BeReal.
Q. Why Are You Not Getting BeReal Notifications?
If you are not getting the BeReal notification then it could be because of the do not disturb mode that is on. You can simply turn this off through your phone settings, tap on the sound and notification option and then go to app notification. Now, go to BeReal and enable the set as a priority option.