Do you know what is local account on windows 11? Do you want to create a local account on windows 11? Do you know how to create a local account on Windows 11? If you about this, then this blog will answer our questions.
Microsoft has been forcing online users to make an account on both Windows 10 and 11. But, after Microsoft removed the option to make an offline account. This has disappointed the users. But you need to worry! Since there are ways by which you can make a local account on windows 11.
You create a local account on windows 11 so that you do not have to use the Microsoft account. This means that all your settings and files will be available to you locally on the device. This will help you to have a more private user experience. But wait! Do you know how to create a local account on windows 11?
Well, here we are here to discuss how you can do so. Here, we will discuss a few ways by which you can make the account within seconds. The instructions are really easy to follow and you do not have to go through much hassle while creating. So let’s get started.
Difference Between A Microsoft Account And A Local Account On Windows 11
Using the Microsoft account does come with some benefits.
When using a Microsoft account you can transfer your personalization and settings from one device to another just after you set up. You can easily access the Microsoft store and download the apps. You can even use Onedrive and Xbox Game Pass and you don’t have to log in separately.
Isn’t that interesting that you don’t have to go through the hustle of login every time?
Well yes, it is.
But when Microsoft allows you to use these services it also comes with a cost. The cost is sharing the data with Microsoft. You also need to have an internet connection all the time so that you can keep all your settings and documents synced.
The local accounts on windows 11 actually do not depend on the internet connection. These local accounts store the information that is related to the account locally on your hard drive. These local accounts of Microsoft are secure.
Do you know why?
Because even if anyone gets hold of your local account credentials, they will not be able to access any of your documents or accounts until and unless you use the same password for all the accounts. These local accounts are useful for secondary users or those who want to keep everything private.
How To Create A Local Account On Windows 11 From The Windows Settings Menu?
Now that we know what is the difference between a local account and a Microsoft account, let’s get to know how to create a local account on Windows 11 from the Microsoft settings menu. Carefully follow the steps.
- From the settings option, You can use the account settings options to create a local user on windows 11.
- Open the settings window. You can even press Windows + I to open settings windows, you can even search for settings In the starts menu search.
- Now, that you are in the settings window press on the accounts options from the left panel.
- Then, choose family and other users. You will find this option on the right panel.
- Now, press on add account option adjacent to the add account option which is next to the add other user text under the other user’s section.
- You will get to see a window named Microsoft account. It will ask you how you want to sign in.
- Choose the option which says you don’t have the sign-in information of the person text. You will find this under the email or phone text field.
- After this, you will be asked to make a Microsoft account and you will see new options.
- Choose the last options which say add a user without the Microsoft account.
- Next, you will see a window that says creating a use for this PC. Here you need to enter the user name for your local account in the username field. Next, you have to enter a password for your account inside the enter password field. Then confirm the password by re-entering it.
- Now that you have entered your password you need to add 3 security questions so that you can recover the password if you forget it. It is better that you note down your password or take a screenshot of the security questions and then save it. After you do the security questions press on the next options so that you confirm the process of creating the account.
- Now under the other user’s section, You will see the local account there. Then, sign out of the account and then, log in to the local account with the password.
Have a look at Microsoft Unveils The New Teams Feature!! What’s New?
How To Create A Local Account On Windows 11 With A Command Prompt?
Creating an account with a command prompt is actually very easy in comparison with the other methods. To know as how to create a local account on windows 11 with a command prompt you need to follow the given instructions:
- In the windows search bar, You first need to type CMD.
- Then, right-click on it and choose the option run as administrator.
- When you get a UAC prompt then choose the option Yes.
- Now, when you are inside the command prompt window you have to create a local user account by writing one-line command. Copy and then paste the line of command. Now replace the username with the username that you want to assign to the local account along with the password.
- Now click on enter.
- After you clicked on entering you will see the command has been successfully completed, this means that your local account has been made. You can confirm this by going to the family and another user menu.
Have you heard the news about Microsoft Acquiring Activision Blizzard To Enter The Gaming Metaverse!
So, these are some of the way on how to create a local account on windows 11. The steps are easy to follow but make sure that you follow the steps as it is. Do lets us know whether this blog was helpful to you or not in the comment box.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Add A New User Account On Windows 11 With Computer Management?
To add a new users account on Windows 11 with Computer Management you need to follow the following steps:
- You need to first open the computer management. Or, you can press Windows + X. Now you will see computer management.
- In the left column, chose local users and groups.
- Right-click on user, and then choose a new user.
- You will see a new user pop up. Add in your username and full name and password.
- Confirm it and then press create option.
- Your account is created.
How To Switch From One Account To A Local Account On Windows 11?
If you signed in with your Microsoft account and want to switch to your local account on windows 11 then here are the steps that you have to follow
- Open windows settings.
- Now go to account and then choose the option from the right panel your info.
- Now under the account settings section, you need to press the option which says sign in with a local account.
- You will get a pop-up window to confirm your action.
- Now press on next button.
- Now enter the PIN or the password that is for your Microsoft account and then tap enter.
- Now on the next page enter your local account credentials.
- And that is, you have been switched from an online account to a local account.