If you are using iPhone then you must also have the auto lock feature that will put your device to sleep and will lock your device after a short time of inactivity. Now, if you are facing the issue where the auto lock is not working then here’s a post on how to fix auto lock not working iPhone.
The auto lock is one of the most reliable features on your iPhone or iPad. Apart from saving battery life, it will also restrict unauthorized people from accessing your phone which will surely provide you with 100% privacy. It is actually helpful to save battery life and will also protect iPhone data when you forget to lock your device.
Now, if you want to know how to fix auto lock not working iPhone, if your auto lock that is not working on your iPhone, then this post will surely help you out. Re-enable the auto lock on your iPhone or iPad, turn off the assistive lock on your iPhone, disable low power mode, reset all the settings on your iPhone, force restart your iPhone, turn off and on the passcode, etc.
We have discussed these fixes in the below section in detail. You just need to scroll down and read about them. so now, without wasting any more time let’s get started.
How To Fix Auto Lock Not Working iPhone?
Well, if you are facing the issue where your auto lock is not working on your iPhone then this can actually be an issue for a lot of reasons. But you need not worry because here we have mentioned how to fix auto lock not working iPhone. Are you ready for it? Let’s get started.
1. Re-Enter Auto Lock On iPhone
It is actually very obvious that your iPhone will not be automatically locked when auto lock feature is disabled or if it is set to never. Here are a few steps that you need to follow to re-enable it.
- First, go to the setting tab on your iPhone. Then click on the display and brightness option followed by auto-lock.
- Here you will get to see many times duration options that you can select to auto lock the devices.
- Choose the one that suits you best and your iPhone screen will automatically get lock after that certain time duration.
Related: How To Fix iPhone Group Text Not Working ? Your Guide Is Here!
2. Turn Off Low-Power Mode
If your iPhone is in the low mode, you can even face the auto lock not working. To know how to fix auto lock not working iPhone by turning off the power mode, here’s what you need to do.
- Open the iPhone setting and choose the battery option in the drop-down menu.
- There you will get to see the option for the battery percentage and then click on the low power mode.
- Now, click on the switch button that is next to the low-power mode to turn it off.
Related: How To Create A Contact Group On iPhone In 2023? 2 Ways!!
3. Restart Your iPhone
At times restarting your iPhone can help you fix minor software errors like the ones that you are facing, actually restarting your iPhone can be one of the solutions for how to fix iPhone group text not working. If you want to restart your iPhone then here are a few steps which you need to follow.
- If you are using iPhone X, 11, or the latest version, then you have to press and then hold the side button and either of the volume buttons at the same time till you get the slide to power off the screen. Then drag the slide to the right so that you can power off your device.
- If you use iPhone 8 or lower then then you have to press and then hold the side button till the slide to power off screen appears. Next draft the slide to the right to turn off your device.
Related: How To Fix iPhone Control Center Won’t Swipe Up? Know The Complete Process!
4. Disable Assistive Touch On Your iPhone
Well disabling the assistive touch on your iPhone top is one of the solutions how to fix iPhone group text not working. If your assistive touch is enabled then also it will prevent the auto lock from not working at times. If you have enabled the assistive touch on your iPhone then you need to try to disable this feature. Here are a few steps that you need to follow.
- Go to the settings option and then click on the general option.
- Now, click on accessibility and then hit the assistive touch option.
- Turn off the assistive touch and see if the auto lock feature is working properly or not.
Related: How To Fix iPhone Apps Won’t Open Or Turn Off? Know The Complete Process!
5. Turn Off The Passcode And Turn It On Again
There are some users who have the same issue where the auto lock is not working. However, you can turn off the passcode and then turn it on again which is one of the solutions for how to fix iPhone group text not working. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to settings on your iPhone and then click on the touch ID and passcode.
- Now, enter your lock screen passcode when it is required.
- Swipe down and then click on the turn passcode off.
- Then you have to restart your device and turn on the passcode again.
Related: How To Fix iPhone Wont let Me Delete Photos? 4 Top Effective Solutions!
So, these were some of the solutions that will help you answer your question on how to fix auto lock not working iPhone. These were a few easy peasy methods that will help you fix your issue on fix auto lock not working iPhone. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Is An Auto Lock On iPhone?
Well, the auto lock feature on iPhone is a feature that will automatically shut down your iPhone or iPad screen after your iPhone was idle for a few minutes. You can even change the auto lock time through the settings menu and disable the feature so that the screen runs till you can manually click on the power button.
Q. How To Turn Off Auto Lock On Your iPhone?
To disable the auto lock on your iPhone you have to go to settings and click on the display and brightness option. Then hit the auto-lock option and set the time to never.
Q. How To Change Auto-Lock Time On iPhone?
To change the auto-lock time on your iPhone go to settings and click on the display and brightness option. Then tap the auto-lock and choose the desired time interval and only after this you can turn it off automatically.