Last Updated on 3 days by Shubham Attri
Phony or Legit? A badge of verification will surely tell your followers all they need to know. A badge of verification is all you need to increase your legitimacy on platforms like Discord or other social media platforms. That’s the reason why these verification badges are so coveted! If you are an authentic business owner or figure of public interest who wants to get verified on Discord, then join us as we uncover how to get verified on Discord in simple steps.
Discord is a popular platform where users get to connect with people who share the same interest. Gamers, business owners, fans, weebs, etc have a huge list of servers where the dedicated community actively engages with people all around the world. Discord is a great VoIP platform that offers numerous features and some of the most precious ones get unlocked if you have a verified server on Discord.
With a verified Discord server, one can send unique invite links, invite Splash, check community insights, etc. Moreover, the verification badge also shows your users that you are LEGIT! That’s why an increasing number of people want to get their Discord servers verified. If you’re one of them, then stay connected!
Let’s uncover all the burning questions surrounding how to get verified on Discord and what steps to follow to do the same!
What Do You Need To Get Verified On Discord?
There are many perks of getting verified on social media handles like Twitter, Instagram, Geter, and the sort. The same is the case with Discord! If you get your server verified on Discord, then you will receive a custom invite link, invite Splash, and a verified badge on your Discord Server. Moreover, you’ll also be able to see server insights to look at your community activity.
However, it’s sad that not everyone can be verified on Discord. Unlike other social media handles where large fan-following may earn you a badge of verification, the same isn’t the case with Discord. No matter how many people are actively participating in your server, if you do not match the verification guidelines, then you can’t receive the badge of verification on Discord.
Thus, it is vital to know what you need to do to get verified on Discord. Below we have mentioned the criteria and the important conditions that you need to meet before you can apply for server verification on Discord.
According to the updated Server Verification Guidelines of Discord, you need to meet the following requirements to get verified on Discord.
- The person who is applying for server verification should be both, the owner and the official representative of the server or, a person of public interest.
- Additionally, the other social media accounts on the Discord profile should be authenticated to validate the application of verification.
- A formal email address relating to business, entity, or brand must be used to demonstrate the official position of the applicant.
If you happen to meet the above-listed requirements, then Discord will grant you the badge of verification by closely analyzing the following factors regarding your server.
- Does your community server is representing an authentic business, brand, or public figure of interest?
- Is your server unique? A server must be unique as Discord only verifies one server per business/brand. (with region-specific or language-specific exceptions).
- Do you have a strong follower base? Discord will be looking into your social media presence and analyzing your followers.
If you do not meet any of the above requirements, then sadly, you can’t get verified on Discord. But hey! Don’t be disheartened! You can always share your Discord’s invite link on your social media handles or website to make it known that you are legit!
Additionally, you can join Discord’s Partner Program if you can’t get verified on Discord. If you have an active community on discord with loyal supporters, then Discord will welcome you with open arms in its Partner Program (and it has its own perks).
Now, for those of you who have met the requirements to get verified on Discord, then below we have made a step-by-step guide that you need to follow to complete the Discord Server Application process.
How To Get Verified On Discord?
If you are the owner and the official representative of the server, or you are a person of public interest, then follow the below-mentioned steps to get verified on Discord.
1. Open your web browser and search https://discord.com/verification.
2. Scroll down on the web page and tap on “Apply Now”.
3. Enter your login credentials to sign in to your Discord Server.
4. Select the desired option in “What Type Of Server Are You Looking To Verify?” and hit “Next”.
5. Enter all the necessary details like Name, website, server, permanent invite, etc to get verified.
6. Select the blank box to accept the terms and conditions.
7. Hit “Submit” once you are done.
Once you have hit the “Submit” option, your server verification application will be successfully sent to Discord. After that, Discord will carefully screen your application and see if your server is worthy of getting verified or not.
Getting verified on Discord isn’t as easy as other social media handles. You have to go through a hard screening process to get Discord’s badge of verification. Unlike other social media platforms, more followers don’t mean that you will get the verification pass once you have made the application.
Only after you meet all the requirements, will you be able to get verified on Discord. We hope we were able to help you around with your question of how to get verified on Discord.
Keep checking our updates in which we address the “How to” tech queries. If you have a particular problem that you can’t solve, leave the question in the comment section. Till then! Keep exploring!