When you get blocked by someone on Discord, you are not allowed to send them private messages. If this is the case and you still don’t know whether someone blocked you or not, then here, we have disclosed the ways that will help you to know if someone has blocked you on Discord.
Discord is an application where you can do video chat and talk with friends and communities. It allows you to make an invite-only place for your friends where you can keep in touch with them and chat over voice, text, and video calls. It is a fun-to-use app and is available for both Android and iOS devices.
In order to know if someone blocked you on Discord, there are some steps that include sending private messages, tagging a user, reacting to the message, and more.
As you scroll down, you’ll find more about these methods in detail. To know more about it, you should read the full article.
How To Know If Someone Blocked You on Discord?
Users in Discord can see the disabled or deleted accounts. However, if you think you are blocked by someone, their account will no longer appear to you.
What Happens When Someone Blocks You On Discord?
Not only Discord, but every social media platform also allows you to block persons. Similarly, Discord has also given its users the chance to mute and block anyone who misbehaves.
The below-listed steps will help you to know if someone blocked you on Discord.
- If you think you are blocked by a user, you won’t be able to tag him/her in any message.
- You will not be able to send private messages.
- You can not react to the message sent by the person who blocked you.
- If you are blocked by a user and try to message him, you’ll see a notification from Clyde bot showing – “Your message could not be delivered because you don’t share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, the recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or you were blocked by the recipient.”
How Does The Blocking On Discord Works?
In order to block someone on Discord, you have to follow some steps that include,
- Open the official Discord app on your iPhone or Android and select the username you want to block.
- After that, right-click on the username and you’ll be seeing the “block” option there. Click it.
- Now, you have successfully blocked the user.
Most people have concerns that whenever they block a person on Discord, the blocked user still watches their posts. We hope that Discord will try to solve this issue with a newer update.
How You Can Unblock Someone On Discord App?
You can unlock a user on Discord from both the PC as well as a mobile device. In order to do this on PC, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the Discord and click on the “Blocked Message” tab, because all the messages of a blocked user are also hidden.
- After clicking the Blocked Messages, select the “Show Message” to show the messages.
- After seeing the messages, right-click on the username and select the Unblock option.
In this way, you can unblock anyone on Discord using a PC. To do this on mobile devices, you have to follow the steps.
- Open your Discord App and Click on the “Blocked Message” section.
- Search the user you want to unblock and click on his picture.
- After clicking on his DP, you’ll be redirected to his Discord Profile.
- Now, click on the three dots and tap “Unblock”.
These are the steps, if followed, you’ll be able to know if someone blocked you on Discord. Whether you are using an iOS device or Android, these methods are the same and work on every device.
Featured Image Credit: Gottabgreen.com
How can I check if someone blocked me?
Whenever you message a user who has blocked you, you will see a notification from the Clyde bot showing as “message not delivered”.
How do you know if someone deleted you on discord?
You can know if someone deleted you on Discord by right-clicking on their name. If you are able to see the ‘Add Friend’ option, it means that they have removed you as a friend.