When you get blocked by someone on Discord, you are not allowed to send them Direct messages. But there is no specific way to find that out but you can always try out the tricks mentioned in the article to how know if someone blocked you on Discord.
Discord is an application where you can do video chat and talk with friends and communities. It allows you to make an invite-only place for your friends where you can keep in touch with them and chat over voice, text, and video calls. It is a fun-to-use app and is available for both Android and iOS devices.
In order to know if someone blocked you on Discord, there are some steps that include:
- Sending private messages
- Tagging a user
- Reacting to the message
You’ll find more about these methods in detail as you scroll down. To know more about it, you should read the full article to know how to tell if someone blocked you on discord.
How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Discord?
There are several ways that will tell you if someone has blocked you on Discord or not. We have mentioned all of them below. You can follow the methods given below to be sure if you are blocked by your friend on the Discord Application.
So, without any further ado let us start with the methods on how to tell if someone blocked you on discord.
1. React To Their Messages
One of the best ways to know if someone blocked you on Discord is to open their chat page and try to react to one of the messages they have sent. If you are able to react to the message then the other person has not blocked you.
But, on the contrary, if you are unable to react to the message they have sent. This means you have been blocked on Discord.
2. Search For The Friend’s Name In The Friend list
Another way to find out if someone has blocked you on Discord is by checking out your friend’s list on the Discord application. If the person unfriended you or blocked you, he won’t be there on your friend list.
3. Try To Send Them a Friend Request
If you try to send someone a friend request who has blocked you, you will receive the error message saying, “Friend Request Failed – Hm, didn’t work. Double check that the capitalization, spelling, any spaces, and numbers are correct”.
4. Check Out Their Profile
Well, if you are also not able to see the user’s about me or user info that means that you have been blocked, my friend.
5. Send Them a Direct Message
If you send the person who has blocked you a direct message. The message will not be delivered to them. Instead, you will get an error message saying, “Your message could not be delivered. This is usually because you don’t share a Discord server with the recipient or the recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends“.
This message is generated by the Clyde bot and it directly means that you have been blocked by the user on the discord application.
What Happens When Someone Blocks You On Discord?
Not only Discord, but every social media platform also allows you to block persons. Similarly, Discord has also given its users the chance to mute and block anyone who misbehaves.
The below-listed steps will help you to know if someone blocked you on Discord and how to know if someone unblocked you on Discord.
- If you think you are blocked by a user, you won’t be able to tag him/her in any message.
- You will not be able to send private messages.
- You can not react to the message sent by the person who blocked you.
- If you are blocked by a user and try to message him, you’ll see a notification from Clyde bot showing – “Your message could not be delivered because you don’t share a server with the recipient or you disabled direct messages on your shared server, the recipient is only accepting direct messages from friends, or you were blocked by the recipient.”
How Does The Blocking On Discord Works?
In order to block someone on Discord, you have to follow some steps that include,
- Open the official Discord app on your iPhone or Android and select the username you want to block.
- After that, right-click on the username and you’ll be seeing the “block” option there. Click it.
- Now, you have successfully blocked the user.
Most people have concerns that whenever they block a person on Discord, the blocked user still watches their posts. We hope that Discord will try to solve this issue with a newer update.
How You Can Unblock Someone On Discord App?
You can unlock a user on Discord from both the PC as well as a mobile device. In order to do this on PC, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the Discord and click on the “Blocked Message” tab, because all the messages of a blocked user are also hidden.
- After clicking the Blocked Messages, select the “Show Message” to show the messages.
- After seeing the messages, right-click on the username and select the Unblock option.
In this way, you can unblock anyone on Discord using a PC. To do this on mobile devices, you have to follow the steps.
- Open your Discord App and Click on the “Blocked Message” section.
- Search the user you want to unblock and click on his picture.
- After clicking on his DP, you’ll be redirected to his Discord Profile.
- Now, click on the three dots and tap “Unblock”.
These are the steps, if followed, you’ll be able to know if someone blocked you on Discord. Whether you are using an iOS device or Android, these methods are the same and work on every device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How Can I Check If Someone Blocked Me?
Whenever you message a user who has blocked you, you will see a notification from the Clyde bot showing as “message not delivered”.
Q. How Do You Know If Someone Deleted You On Discord?
You can know if someone deleted you on Discord by right-clicking on their name. If you are able to see the ‘Add Friend’ option, it means that they have removed you as a friend.