Do you know how to make a good Discord server 2023? If you are addicted to Discord or any other multiplayer games then you must be knowing that voice and text services are very important to develop the game properly. To fulfill this function it is important to use VoIP services.
The disadvantages of these services are that they are paid, they do not always transmit the voices, and also slow down the speed of the games. Hence experience in multiplayer is important. But now you need not worry. As of now, you have the option to transmit all the data during the multiplayer game and that is in Discord.
Discord has a personalized transmission of data services that just includes making a good Discord server. But only in a few months, it has already received 50 million users making it a success. Its success is mainly because it has an attractive and easy-to-use interface and the advantages that server customization offers. But the question is do you know how to make a good Discord server?
Well, if you don’t know how to make a Discord server, then you have come to the right place. Here we are going to tell you how you can make a server. Oh! actually a good Server. The steps that we have mentioned are really easy. Make a Discord server now and quickly get started.
How To Make A Good Discord Server 2023?
Let’s get to know how to make a good Discord Server. As we all know that Discord is available on Windows, Android, Mac, iOS, and Linux. But Discord is so versatile that you can even access it via a web browser if you don’t want to use mobile or desktop apps.
You need to download Discord if needed and then finish with the installation process and then register on the Discord page.
Here are the steps that you need to follow on how to make a good Discord server:
- When you are in Discord you need to name it. In the client’s left panel search for the “+” sign.
- Here you will see all the servers that will be available in the service.
- Look for Create a Server and then click on it. Here you will be asked to name the server and also to select an icon for your new server.
- In that same menu, you need to select a location, where you want your Discord server to be located. You will find many exotic locations and you will be tempted to choose them. But, it is always sensible to choose a location that is close to your geographical location.
- You must be thinking why to use choose such a location? Well, that is because the distance that is between you and your server will show the ping that you will get when you use voice communications. So, if you have a close server then the ping will be less. And if the ping Is less then there will be less delay in communication between the players that are within the voice channels.
- When you made this choice now click on the option Create Server.
- And your Discord server is created!
How To Configure Your Discord Server?
If you want to share your Discord server, then the first thing that you have to do is make your server public. To do that you need to first configure it properly. One of the main reasons for the success of the Discord server is its customization options. You can even change the configuration on your own and even administer the server without any hassle. Here are some options by which you can configure your server. Let’s get to know how to make a good Discord Server.
1. Adding Voice And Text Channels
If your server is public, then it is suggested that you make many voice and text channels. But, the most important thing that you need to do is categorize your channel properly to avoid any confusion among the users. To add any text channel or voice channel just click on Text channels or voice channel and give a proper and clear name to them.
2. Set The Verification Level
This becomes useful if you want to restrict access to your Discord server and allow just a few members thus improving the server security. You can even select different levels of verification so that the participants can easily send messages on text channels or even start audio conversations on voice channels. If you want then you can even skip the verification if you assign the function to a specific member. To do that follow these steps:
- Click on the server’s name. Now go to the option server settings.
- Head to the moderation section. You will find this option on the left. Adjust the level of verification as per your preference.
3. Managing The Function Or Roles Of The Members
In Discord, you will find the option to add or change any function for some members of the server. It is on the basis of these functions that the users will have different advantages. If you have a group of friends whom you trust then you can allow them to help you with the Discord server administration. Here’s how to get the privileges:
- Go to the server settings option
- Go to the Functions (Roles) section which you will find in the left panel. Here you can add a new function for each member and even adjust the privileges for each member.
With the help of this guide, you now know how to make a good Discord server 2023. Isn’t it? You even get so many customization options that you can make. The steps are really easy to follow as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Create A Discord Server Link?
Now that you have created a Discord server it’s time to invite new players. But to do that you need to create a unique Discord link to share it with others. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the server’s name. You will see a drop-down, press on the option Invite people.
- You will reach a menu where you will find the invitation link to your Discord server.
- But by default, this link expires after 24 hours. But you can configure it so that it doesn’t expire. You can even customize it by just pressing on that gear icon.
- In this icon you will see the control for the expiration date of the invitation code, the number of times one can use that link, etc. You can even allow temporary membership to a few people. After you are done with customization, now you can create a new invitation link by pressing on the Generate a new link.
Q. How To Manage Roles In Discord?
To manage roles in Discord then here are a few steps to follow:
- Go to server settings. Choose Roles from the left-hand side menu.
- To create new roles just click on the “+” adjacent to roles.
- Select a role to administer the permissions.
- You will find many permissions available. The important ones include controlling the server by adding new channels or roles and managing the users by either banning or deleting the messages. Removing the people from the voice chat.