One for my parents,
One for my friends,
One to secretly spy all my exes and Insta trends!! LOL!
Having a single Instagram account is never enough! Usually, it’s seen that people like to have more than one Instagram account to deal with professional stuff to earn money and for personal purposes (to spy on their exes mostly)! If you too want to keep your work life and personal life different then better to keep two separate accounts on Instagram! However, the query remains the same “How many Instagram accounts can you have?” Let’s find this.
There are so many benefits of having more than one Insta account. Like you get a window to showcase your hobbies, interests, and other skills publicly without having to reveal your identity(in case you want to). Just keep one Instagram account to keep your close friends and family members, and another one to present the creative side to the world ( like art, writing, photography, business, etc.).
Coming back to how many Instagram accounts can you have then according to the new Instagram update you can have more than one account at a time. Whether you want to keep this multiple Instagram accounts public or private that’s all up to you! But how many in total? For that, you need to stick to the post till the end!
Discover this and a lot more about this multiple Instagram account policy in the article below! Also, learn tips to create and manage multiple Instagram accounts single-handedly!
How Many Instagram Accounts Can You Have?
As per the Instagram help center policies, you can have a total of five accounts. You can now switch between these accounts without having to log out of one account.
Although, this does not necessarily mean that you can only have five accounts. You can have as many as you want. It’s just you can keep five accounts in the loop to switch between one another. If you want to keep more than five then you’ll have to log out of one account and have to log in to add on the 6th one.
This multiple-account feature is available for all Android and iPhone users with a 7.15 update. So, if you are having any trouble adding multiple accounts, you better update your phone and try again.
Can Multiple Accounts Be Created With Single Email?
Huh! This is the most commonly faced query! Unfortunately, you can create one single account using an email account. Though that doesn’t mean you have to create a new email account to make a new Instagram ID. You can create a new account using your mobile number as well!
How To Create Multiple Accounts On Instagram?
You must be having so many queries with creating and multiple accounts and managing them at the same time! So, here are the top solutions on how to create multiple accounts and manage them just like the top influencers do!
Now that you know how many Instagram accounts can you have, learn how to create multiple Instagram accounts!
How To Create A New Instagram Account?
Before we jump onto how to manage multiple Instagram accounts, let’s understand the basics of creating a new Instagram account. There are effective ways to make a new account on Instagram. One is by using the app itself and the other by using the website on your desktop!
Whichever way suits you the best, go for it and create a new account!
To create a new Instagram account via the Instagram app:
- Open your Instagram account. If you are already using an existing account then go to your profile icon.
- At the top right corner of the screen click on your account name.
- Now from teh drop-down menu click on Create New Account.
- Add the username you want to keep for your new Instagram account, set a password, and fill in other details.
- Click next to proceed further. And it’s done!
If you are creating a new account via desktop, then follow these steps:
- Open any web browser on your desktop.
- Now visit the Instagram website on your PC. (www.instagram.com).
- If you are already using an account, then you’ll need to log out of it.
- After you log out of the existing account, click on Sign Up.
- Next, you’ll have to enter your email address.
- Type the username you want to set for your new account, set a password, fill out other details.
- Click done.
How To Create A Second Instagram Account?
Now that you have learned how to create a new Instagram account, you can easily switch between your existing and the new Instagram accounts.
In case you need to create a second one, here are the steps to do so!
- Open your Instagram account.
- Click on your profile icon.
- At the top right corner of the screen click on three dots.
- Click on settings.
- Now from the bottom of the screen, press Add Account.
- Now click on create a new account.
- Once again you’ll have to add the username you wish to keep for your new account.
- Set a password. Add other details and it’s done!
How To Switch Between Multiple Instagram Accounts?
If you are facing problems handling multiple accounts on Instagram, then here are the tips on how to switch between multiple Instagram accounts!
- Open your Instagram account.
- Press on your profile icon.
- Now tap on your account username.
- You’ll find all your existing accounts in the drop-down list.
- Click on the account you wish to switch to. And that’s it!
How To Remove A Second Account From Instagram?
In any case, you wish to remove the second Instagram account logged in right now, here are steps to proceed further:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Press your profile icon.
- At teh top right corner, you’ll find three lines, click on them.
- Now click on Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and press Login Info.
- To remove the account, you’ll have to click the blue checkmark next to the account name.
- Click remove. And it’s done!
So, this was all you need to know about having multiple accounts on Instagram! Social media platforms are pretty fun and informative. We can grow with these platforms, it all depends on how we tend to use the platform.
Now that you know how many Instagram accounts can you have on a single go, then make good use of the multiple accounts you’ll be creating. If you found the information helpful, do share it with others!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Can You Have Two Instagram Accounts With A Single Email?
No, you can only create a single Instagram account using one email address.
Q. Can You Have Two Instagram Accounts With The Same Phone Number?
No, Instagram allows you to keep a single account under one phone number.