There are many people who use YouTube to be their main music streaming app. But unlike other music apps if you close the app or if you lock your iPhone while listening to YouTube music the music will shut off too. But now you will be able to minimize your YouTube on iPhone. Do you know how to minimize YouTube on iPhone?
This is unless you have signed up for a paid subscription to YouTube service and that is YouTube premium. This is actually the only and the official way to play YouTube in the background on your iPhone. If you don’t want to sign up for YouTube premium then you can even use a trick that involves your iPhone safari app.
Now, if you don’t know how to minimize YouTube on iPhone. Here we have mentioned a few steps that you need to refer to. Open safari > video > address bar > click on AA > desktop site > play > picture in picture mode.
If you did not get the steps that we have mentioned above, then you need not worry because in the below section we have mentioned the steps in detail. So, let’s get started.
Well, if you are concerned about how to minimize YouTube on iPhone. Here are a few easy-peasy steps that you need to follow. So, let’s not waste any more time and quickly get started.
- The first thing that you have to do is on your iPhone open safari, then go to youtube.com.
- Look for the video.
- At the bottom of the address bar then you need to click on the Aa.
- Now, you need to choose the request desktop site.
- Next click on the play button.
- Swipe up to your home screen and you will get to see that picture in picture mode will get activated for YouTube on your iPhone.
- You will be able to play your favorite music or watch your video on YouTube while you still scroll Facebook or Twitter or do anything else on your iPhone. There is actually no limitation on using this feature.
How To Control YouTube Picture In Picture Window On iPhone?
Once you enter the pip mode from either the YouTube app or browser then you need can control it in these ways.
- Adjust the YouTube pip window by double-clicking on it.
- Now access all the controls like pause, forward, rewind, and watch by clicking on it once.
- To exit the pip mode on YouTube you need to click on the X icon which is present at the upper right-hand side of the pip window.
- Also, you will be able to make the YouTube video play in the background as audio by dragging the pip window all the way to the right or left edge of your screen. You will also be able to control it from the lock screen or control center.
How To Play YouTube Videos In The Background?
Now that we have discussed how to minimize YouTube on iPhone, let’s discuss how you can play YouTube videos in the background. If you have YouTube premium then here’s how you can do it.
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Go to the video that you want to listen to in the background.
- Once it started to play you can lock your iPhone or even close the app and then open another. You can even pause and play the video audio from the iPhone control center by opening it and then holding your finger down on the music tab for the next moment.
- As long as you are subscribed to YouTube premium you will be able to listen to YouTube videos without even opening the app.
So, this is all about how to minimize YouTube on iPhone. Here we have mentioned a few easy ways that will help you to know how easily you can minimize YouTube on your iPhone. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Watch YouTube On Your iPhone’s Small Screen?
There are many ways to watch YouTube on your iPhone with a small screen. Open the YouTube app and then click on watch later playlist as one method. You don’t have to watch the videos you want to watch on a little screen since they will get saved for later viewing. Open the safari browser and then go to youtube.com as an alternative. The request desktop site option will show up in the safari menu.
Q. How To Sign Up For YouTube Premium?
If you want to know how to sign up for YouTube Premium, then follow these steps:
- Go to the YouTube premium homepage that you can find here.
- Click on the blue button that will say try to free which will open a window for you to enter your payment information.
- Now, enter the payment information along with the zip code. YouTube Premium will offer you three months free trial so if this is your first time signing up and you will not be charged an $11.99 fee until the months have passed.
- YouTube accounts used to sign up for premium will be granted access to all the new features of premium.
Q. How To Minimize YouTube On Your Phone?
You can minimize YouTube on your phone in a few different ways. Deleting the program and switching to a web browser is one option. You can easily disable the Autoplay for videos as an additional option. To prevent YouTube from using all your bandwidth you need to establish a data cap for it.