Last Updated on 3 months by Shubham Attri
Oh, Snap!! My snap streak is about to break, and I can’t help it!!! Ever happened to you that your Snapchat account got deleted due to no reason, or you deleted it purposely, and when it was time to reactivate it, you couldn’t!! Urg!! This feeling!! Sucks, right? But we care for you, so don’t worry! Here’s how to recover deleted Snapchat account with ease!!
Getting your social media account deleted is quite a painful scenario, especially if it’s Snapchat. Think of the last snap streak you’re shared with your friends is expiring within a few hours. You are so close to hitting 100, and Boof!! There can be so many reasons why your Snapchat account has been deleted, either you did it accidentally or you got removed by the platform on its own.
Whatever the reason is, if you really wish to get back your Snapchat account then learn these super easy hacks on how to recover deleted Snapchat account below! The ways are pretty simple only if you simplify these on time. As you might be aware of the Snapchat auto-delete policy of 30 days!!
There’s a lot to learn, reasons to explore, and tricks to apply! So, before you get a phone call from your friend for breaking the 99-day old snap streak with a good chunk of abuse, it’s better you get yourself working!
How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Account?
Remember that these steps are useful only within 30 days of account deletion. After that, your account gets deleted permanently and can’t be recovered. You’ll have to make a new account if you want to keep using Snapchat after that!
Until there’s still time to get your account recovered, use these steps and save your memories!
- Open your Snapchat App. Now click on log in.
- Now enter your account login details and get started!
Note: Even after you enter your login details to reactivate your account, it will still take around 24 hours to get your account reactivated.
How To Recover Your Snapchat Account Without A Password?
The worst-case scenario is that you forgot your login details and can’t log in to your Snapchat account now! Huh! Feeling helpless, right?
But the best-case scenario is to use these tricks and restore your account with a few clicks!
- Open the Snapchat app. Now click on login.
- Next, you need to enter your email or the username and click on “Forgot password” to proceed further.
- This will open a new tap in your phone asking for ways you want to recover your password. You can either recover it using email or via phone.
- If you select ‘recover via email’, then you’ll receive an email asking to reset your password.
- If you choose ‘recover password via phone’ then you need to enter your phone number on which you’ll receive a verification call or SMS. Type in the verification code sent to you by customer care and then enter your new password.
Can I Reactivate My Snapchat Account After 30 Days?
Like other social media platforms, Snapchat too comes with this policy of account restoration within 30 days you deactivated the account. It’s very easy to reactivate your account within 30 days of when you deactivated it. Simply enter your login details and you are good to use your account.
But it’s more than 30 days since you last deleted your Snapchat account then your account is deleted permanently and can’t be logged in.
Difference Between A Locked Account And Deleted Account
The simple difference between a locked and deleted Snapchat account is the ability to access your account.
When your account is locked, you can unlock it by logging in. There are two approaches that you can try to unlock your Snapchat account.
1. One is to wait for 24 hours and retry logging in to your account again after that. If your account gets logged in easily, then there’s no problem at all. But in case, you are unable to log in and your account is still locked out then jump to solution 2!
2. The second solution is to contact your Snapchat Support and report your problem. If there are minor temporary reasons why your account has been blocked then your account will be recovered. If the account is blocked due to some major violation issues, then your account can’t be unblocked.
Reasons Why Your Account Has Been Deleted By Snapchat
Of course, you need to discover the reasons why your account has been disabled or removed, or blocked! Here’s a list of possible reasons why Snapchat might have blocked you. Have a look where you went wrong:
1. Your Account Appears As Fake Account
The first and the most common reason why Snapchat might have blocked your Snapchat account is that you are using a fake account. Some other users might have reported your account.
It also depends on how you are using your account. If you are using your account to spread false information then also there are chances that Snapchat might take action against your account.
2. You Are Using Unauthorised Third-Party Apps To Run Snapchat
Third-party apps are pretty helpful, but not always! Sometimes, you get into trouble for using unauthorized third-party apps as they violate users’ privacy.
There are so many third-party apps that are counted in the category of spam-like Snapchat++, Phantom, SCOthman, SnapTools, etc. If you are using any such app that hinders the personal information of the user, then there are chances that Snapchat might delete your account temporarily until you stop using that app.
3. Your Email And Phone Number Aren’t Verified
You might have noticed that verification is an important part of using an online application. If you haven’t verified your Snapchat account for long, then the Snapchat platform might consider you in the fake category, and chances are your account might get deleted.
So, it’s better to keep your account verified using your email or phone number!
4. Violated The Set Laws
Every app comes with some terms and conditions applied which if violated due to any reason might lead you to problems.
Or, in case you are using a fake account to spread hatred or false info, then also Snapchat will count you in the list of law violators and your account will be gone for good!
What To Do When Snapchat Deletes Your Account?
The first thing you need to keep in mind is that it’s next to impossible to recover deleted Snapchat account. Once you press delete the account, there’s no way going back!
You can also contact your Snapchat customer support to request account restoration.
How To Delete Your Snapchat Account?
Open your Snapchat app, and go to the login page. Now enter your credentials and log in to your account (the account that you wish to delete).
Now follow these steps to delete your Snapchat account:
- Go to your profile icon at the bottom left side of the screen.
- From there click on “settings” at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down a little and under the “support” section, click on the “I Need Help” option.
- Now scroll down to the “My Account & Security” option.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “delete my account”.
- You’ll be redirected to the help page. From there click on the “Accounts Portal” link.
- Next, you need to enter your account details (username and password) to proceed further.
- Click “Continue” to delete your account.
- This will temporarily delete your account for 30 days. Within these 30 days, you can reactivate your account by logging in anytime.
Note: If you do not log in for 30 days after you delete your account, your account will be deleted permanently.
So, that was it for now!! Now that you have learned how to recover your deleted Snapchat account, we hope these ideas helped you restore your deleted Snapchat account. If you found the information helpful, don’t forget to share it further!
Also, if you have any other queries regarding Snapchat recovery or something similar, you can drop them down in the comments section below!
Keep visiting our site for more tips and tricks to fix your everyday problems. Until then Happy Snapchat Recovery!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Can You Get Your Snapchat Account Back After It Got Deleted Permanently?
Unfortunately, once your account is deleted permanently, there’s no way to get it back by any means.
Q. Does Deleting Snapchat Account Delete Memories?
Yes, when a user deletes his/her Snapchat account, all the Snapchat memories linked to that account get deleted automatically.
Q. What Happens If I Uninstall And Then Reinstall Snapchat?
Uninstalling a Snapchat account and reinstalling it back within 24 hours, doesn’t make any such difference. All your friend lists remain the same, your streaks remain likewise. But if you reinstall your app after 24 hours then there are chances that you’ll lose your data (streaks and saved chats).
Featured Image Credits: YouTube