Do you want to reset your password on Snapchat? Did you forget your password and now want to reset it? Or do you want to reset your Snapchat password just to be on the safe side. Well, there could be many reasons why you may consider resetting your Snapchat password. But if don’t you know How to Reset the Password on Snapchat, then this post is just for you.
Well, Snapchat is a fun and handy social media app that provides you with so many filters with which you can take your photos and videos and share them with your friends. This app also provides you with other features like group chats and the ability to save your photos and videos within this app. Moreover, this app even provides you with the My Eyes Only feature that will protect your sensitive photos as well.
So, if you have been looking for an answer on How to Reset the Password on Snapchat, then you are at the right place. Here we have mentioned the ways by which you can easily reset your Snapchat password. Snapchat app > settings icon > my account > password > enter old password > enter new password. That’s it you have successfully reset your password.
Now, we know that you must be eager to know how to quickly reset the password on Snapchat. Don’t worry, below we have mentioned the steps in full detail. Scroll down and read them.
How To Reset The Password On Snapchat On An Android Device?
If you want to reset your password on the Snapchat app on your Android device then, here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Open your Snapchat account.
- Click on your profile picture which you will find at the top left-hand side corner of the screen.
- Now, at the upper right-hand side corner of the screen click on the settings icon.
- Click on the password option.
- Now, in the password field, you have to enter your current password.
- Click on the continue button.
- Then, enter your new password twice and then, hit the save button.
How To Reset The Password On Snapchat On An iPhone Device?
To know How to Reset the Password on Snapchat on an iPhone device, here are a few steps that you need to follow. So, let’s not waste any more time and quickly get started.
- First, open your Snapchat account.
- Now, at the upper left-hand side corner of the screen click on your profile image.
- Click on the settings icon.
- Choose the password option.
- Enter your old password in the password space.
- Click the continue button and then enter your new password twice.
- Now, click on the save option and you woo-hoo you have successfully reset your password.
How To Reset The Password On Snapchat On The Browser?
Now, we have discussed How to Reset the Password on Snapchat apps. Let us know How to Reset the Password on Snapchat on the browser. Resetting the Snapchat password on the browser is an easy step, here’s what you need to do.
- Open the web browser and then go to Snapchat.
- Choose the option that says forgot password.
- Choose how you want to reset your password through your phone number or email address.
- Now, choose the phone number. Enter your mobile number that is linked with your Snapchat account. Now, click on the continue option.
- Next, you have to enter the verification code that is sent to your number and then, hit the verify option.
- Enter your new strong password and then choose the save option.
How To Reset The Password On Snapchat By Email?
After discussing How to Reset the Password on Snapchat on your browser and mobile device let us discuss how you can reset your password on Snapchat by email.
- Choose the via email option and you will be asked to enter your email address in the field that is just on the next tab.
- Now, choose to submit option.
- You will get an email immediately from Team Snapchat with the subject line Snapchat password reset option. If you don’t see this then, wait for some time or you can even check the spam folder.
- Choose the link that you have received in the email message so that you can open your password reset page in the web browser.
- Enter your new password in the field and then, again enter it in the second field to confirm it.
- Choose the option that says change password and your password has been reset.
How To Reset Your Snapchat Password Within Snapchat?
Do you know, that you can reset your Snapchat password with your Snapchat account as well at any time only if you remember your current password? Here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Sign in to your Snapchat account.
- Choose your profile or Bitmoji icon and then, choose the gear icon which is present on the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Choose the continue option so that you can enter and then re-enter your new password in the password field.
- Now, choose the save option when you are finished making the changes.
So, this is all about How to Reset the Password on Snapchat. The steps are really easy to follow. You can refer to this post to reset your password on the app and on the browser. It is actually a good idea to update your online passwords every now and then, especially if you share a device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Happens If You Forget Your Snapchat Password And Email?
If you have forgotten your Snapchat password and email then the best thing that you can do is contact Snapchat support for help. To do this you need to go to the Snapchat support website and then choose the contact us button. Now, you have to complete the form and then send it to the support team.
Q. How To Get Back To Snapchat If You Don’t Have The Same Number?
If you don’t have the same number, you can even use the recovery code to get your Snapchat account back. But if you have enabled the two-factor authentication previously in your account. Or else you need to contact Snapchat support directly by going to support.snapchat.com.