Are you irritated with the videos autoplaying on your Twitter timeline? Well, you are not the only one, many users find this very annoying. These videos often contain contents that you may not want to see. Moreover, these do use your mobile data quickly which leads to the drainage of your mobile battery. So, the best way is to stop the autoplaying videos. But do you know How to stop video autoplay in Twitter?
Twitter is one of the popular microblogging platforms which has many hundreds of millions of users from all over the world. There might be some tweets, GIFs can be funny and informative as there is the automatic playback during scrolling which is really irritating. Thankfully, Twitter keeps the sound on mute while auto-playing the videos, but it still is a pain.
But now, you don’t have to worry, because you can easily stop autoplay videos in Twitter. If you don’t know How to stop video autoplay in Twitter, then you have come to the right place. Here’s how you can do it: open Twitter > more > settings and privacy > accessibility, disable, languages > data usage > autoplay> never.
Don’t worry that is not all, the full steps have been mentioned below. You can follow those steps and easily stop the annoying video autoplay in Twitter.
How To Stop Video Autoplay In Twitter?
Well, Twitter has enabled autoplay by default on Android, web and iOS devices. So, when you scroll through your Twitter timeline, the content will start to play automatically, though it will be muted. But there’s a way by which you can stop the video autoplay in Twitter. If you don’t know How to stop video autoplay in Twitter, then you have come to the right place. Here are a few steps that will help you.
How To Stop Video Autoplay In Twitter On PC And Mac?
If you want to know How to stop video autoplay in Twitter in a PC or Mac, then here are a few steps that you can follow:
- First, log in to your Twitter account.
- Now, click on the more option which you will find in the sidebar.
- Next, you have to click on the settings and privacy option.
- Now, in the accessibility, languages, and display section you gotta choose the data usage option.
- In the autoplay section, you have to select the arrow and enable the never option.
- That’s it you are done. Easy-peasy!!!
How To Stop Video Autoplay In Twitter On Android And iOS Devices?
If you want to know How to stop video autoplay in Twitter on your Android and iOS devices. Here are a few steps that you need to follow.
- First, you have to choose your avatar which you will find at the top of your screen.
- Here you gotta choose the settings and privacy option.
- Now, choose the accessibility, display, and languages option.
- Next, in the data usage section, you need to choose video autoplay.
- Choose the never option. See, the steps are sooo easy. Follow them easily.
So, this is all about How to stop video autoplay in Twitter. The steps are really easy to follow. With the help of the given steps, you will be able to stop the autoplay both on mobile and PC, Mac. So, go ahead and follow them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Tweet A Video With Audio?
If you want to tweet a video with audio, then here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Click on the tweet compose icon.
- Click on the voice icon.
- To record the message, you can click on the red record button and then click on the done option when the recording is done.
Q. How To Get The Video To Automatically Play Sound On Twitter?
Well, if you want to get the video to play the sound automatically on Twitter, here’s what you need to do:
- Hou will be able to access the settings and privacy settings.
- If you want to see the data usage you need to click on the general section.
- When you click on the video autoplay you will be able to control how the videos play.
- When you click on this option you will be able to select the mobile data and Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi only.
Q. Will It Eat Up Your Data?
Though you can manually control the conditions under which the videos will autoplay on your device but you need not worry coz Twitter also considers your data usage also. If you have a high data rate or have low bandwidth on your devices then Twitter will opt you out of the autoplay to avoid unexpected charges or slow performance.