Are you an avid Twitter user? Have you heard about the new filtering tool for direct messages on Twitter? Do you know you can filter the low-quality direct messages? Do you know How to Filter Low-Quality Direct Messages on Twitter? Well, this social media platform does bring up new features on its platform for its users.
One such feature that Twitter has rolled out is the new filtering tool for the direct messages on this platform. with the help of this feature, you can easily filter out unwanted messages. You do know that there are two sections on Twitter that is inbox and requests. The inbox tab is full of messages from those users whom you follow while the request tab has messages from people you don’t follow.
So, Twitter says that you can filter the requests tab and you will get to see only the useful messages. Now, coming back to your question on How to Filter Low-Quality Direct Messages on Twitter. Well, the steps are really easy to follow. Here’s what you need to do. Twitter app > login > menu icon > settings and privacy > privacy and safety > direct messages > quality filter.
You probably don’t understand the steps that have been mentioned above but don’t worry we are here for you. The full steps have been mentioned below, so take a look at them.
How To Filter Low-Quality Direct Messages On Twitter?
If you want to know How to Filter Low-Quality Direct Messages on Twitter, then here are a few steps that you need to follow. So, let’s not waste any more time and quickly get started.
- First, open the Twitter app on your mobile device.
- Now, login to your Twitter account.
- Click on the menu icon which you will find in the upper left-hand side corner of the screen.
- Next, you gotta click on the settings and privacy option.
- Now, click on the privacy and safety option.
- Here, you need to tap on the direct messages.
- Just switch the toggle that is next to the quality filter, so that you can filter the low-quality DMs from your inbox.
What Is The New Quality Feature On Twitter?
Well, there are many Twitter users who don’t need any filtering. But there are people like celebrities, outspoken feminists, and politicians, the Twitter notifications can be a very dark place. For these kinda people personal threats along with other objectionable comments that come from random Twitter users are commonplace. The new notification filter will make Twitter a better place for those who want to speak their heart out without getting any kind of hatred.
Well, the sad part is that people who are being targeted for online harassment are effectively putting themselves in the bubble. However, the idea of using Twitter as the online water cooler to chat and share the idea with strangers will get over if it ever exists.
The other new setting is called the quality filter. This setting was turned on by default for some users and this will remove the lower-quality content. This low-quality stuff can include things like duplicate tweets or bot-generated content. The quality filter will affect your notifications along with other parts of the Twitter experience. So, the low-quality filter will never restrict the people whom you follow or those with whom you have had interaction lately.
How To Turn On The New Settings?
Getting the new settings is really easy on Twitter’s website. First, you have to log in to the platform and then click on the notifications tab. Then you have to click on the settings link. The settings area will have two check boxes that will help you to filter your tweets by people that you follow and also apply the quality filter. You can check or uncheck whatever box you like and then hit the save changes button. And ta-da you are all set.
When you access these settings from the Twitter mobile app then the steps will remain the same. However, mobile users need to click on the notification and then click on the settings cog in that area. This will take you directly to the two new filters.
If you don’t get to see the new settings, then it could be that they are not yet available for your account. You can update your apps or can try to log in to the website. If that does not work, then you might be able to see this new feature in the upcoming days.
So, this is How to Filter Low-Quality Direct Messages on Twitter. The steps are really easy to follow. With the help of this feature, you can stay away from all the haters and speak your heart out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Pin Direct Messages?
If you want to pin the direct messages you need to follow these few steps;
- Go to the direct message inbox.
- Go to the conversation that you want to keep at the top of the DM inbox and then click on the more icon.
- Select the pin conversation and you are done.
Q. How To Delete A Direct Message Or Conversation?
To delete the direct message or conversation here’s what you need to do:
- Click and hold the message and then choose the delete message e from the menu that pops up.
- If you want to delete the whole conversation from your inbox then you have to hold the conversation and then choose the delete conversation option. But you can even delete the whole conversation by clicking on the information icon and then choosing the delete conversation from the conversation info page.
- When you delete the direct message or conversation it will get deleted from your account only. Others who are still in the conversation will be able to see the direct messages or conversations that you have deleted.