It is obvious that we are following most of our friends and family members and even some of our colleagues on Instagram, isn’t it? However, there is a simple way by which you can stay in touch with all your contacts. Do you what it is? Well, it is the built-in contact finding tool on Instagram. So, in this post, we will discuss how to find and sync contacts on Instagram.
Well, for those who don’t know about the built-in contact finding tool it will help you to access your phone’s contact list and match it with the information that is provided by the other users. From there you will get to see a list of all the phone contacts that will be on your apps and in this way, you can follow them.
So, do you know how to find and sync contacts on Instagram? If you don’t know then you need not worry coz we are going to talk about that here. Open Instagram > profile icon > settings > discover people > allow access > follow.
Ummm, dint get what you read just now? Don’t worry we have explained the full process below. All you gotta do is scroll down a l’il bit and you will get to learn how you can easily find and sync contacts on Instagram.
How To Find And Sync Contacts On Instagram On An Android Device?
If you are new to this very famous platform or you just want to find out more people, then you can use your Google contacts list along with your Facebook friends list on Instagram. Here are a few steps that will help you to add Google contacts and Facebook friends on Instagram, on your Android device.
Step 1: Open Instagram on your Android device. Then click on the profile icon which you will find at the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Now, in the discover people section you need to click on the see all option.
Step 3: Next, you have to click on connect contacts or you can choose to connect to Facebook, and then press on allow access option to allow contacts access.
Step 5: After you have connected Instagram to Google contacts, now, browse the top suggestions which will be the first in the list. You can even go to the most mutual connection below it.
Step 6: When you have found the person whom you want to follow then just click on follow button.
Step 7: Now, again return to the top suggestion or the most mutual connection and then click on see all. Choose to connect to Facebook to get more contacts on Instagram.
How To Find And Sync Contacts On Instagram On An iOS Device?
To find a contact on Instagram on your iOS device, here are a few steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Open the Instagram app, and click on your profile icon.
Step 2: Next, press on the hamburger icon followed by the discover people option.
Step 3: Press on connect to Facebook or connect contacts.
Step 4: Choose to allow access and your contact will sync.
How To Find And Sync Contacts On Instagram On A PC?
- Click on the compass icon, which you will find in the upper right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Now, use the search bar to type the profile name or personal name of any Instagram user whom you want to follow.
How To Find Instagram Contacts By Phone Number?
You can even find new people with their phone numbers. Here’s how to do it:
- On your phone save your friend’s phone number.
- Now, open Instagram on your phone where you have saved the number, and then go to the profile page.
- Press on the hamburger icon, which is the three lines and you will get to see the menu tab just on your right-hand side.
- Click on the discover people option and you will see an option to connect your account with Facebook or your phone contacts.
- Select connect and then allow Instagram to access your phone or the Facebook contacts list and you will get to see the profile suggestions.
So, these were a few easy steps that will help you to know how to find and sync contacts on Instagram. You can try them out. If you have any questions do reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why Is Find Contacts On Instagram Blank?
There are times when syncing the contacts may not run smoothly and due to this reason, your contact list may remain empty. The only way by which you can solve this issue is by disconnecting and reconnecting again the synchronization of your contacts a few times.
Q. How To Add Contacts Through Instagram Search?
If you want then you can even add people directly to Instagram on the basis of their username or real name.
- Click on the magnifying glass ta the bottom of the page on your mobile device or the search bar which you will find at the top of the PC browser. Then you type the name.
- You will get to see the results on the basis of the connection and other algorithms.