Since the pandemic started zoom has proved to be very useful. Zoom is perhaps one of the most used video conferencing platforms. But, there are many features that some are still not aware of except video calling. Surprisingly, some users can even pin you and you probably won’t know because you are too new to this platform. So do you know how to tell if someone pinned you on zoom or not?
Zoom offers many services including adding background virtual to your photos. You can even adjust the video feeds by changing your window size of zoom of all the participants.
When you use Zoom have you come across the pin option? This means that when you use Zoom you can increase the size of the video feed of any person. Yes, you can use this using the pin option on Zoom. But there are many other features like how to tell if someone pinned you on zoom. And that’s exactly what we are going to discuss in this blog.
To know how to pin someone on zoom, here are a few steps that you’ve got to follow. Stay with us and get to know all the details.
What Happens When Someone Pins You On Zoom?
When you use the pin function of zoom, then you can just focus on that particular speaker. You can even disable the active speaker view on zoom. When you pin a speaker then just your local view in the zoom room will get affected. But you need not worry as this will not affect the cloud recording or the views of another speaker.
Facing the same issues with Zoom Do check out 7 Most Common Zoom Problems And How To Solve Them?
How To Tell If Someone Pinned You On Zoom?
Here are a few easy steps with which you will know whether someone has pinned you on zoom or not. Follow these easy peasy steps:
- On the Zoom window. You will see three dots on the top right side corner. Click on it.
- Now go to Settings option.
- Next you need to scroll down. You will see two options: who can start or join a video chat with you.
- Do you think can someone start or join a video chat with you? What will that mean? It means that they have pinned you on zoom.
Aren’t these steps easy? Do try and test yourself.
How To Pin Someone On Zoom?
To know how to pin someone on Zoom, here are a few steps that you need to follow.
- Start a new meeting on Zoom.
- Now on the zoom room controller, click on Manage Participants option.
- Next click on the name of the host or the participant.
- Next click on Pin option.
- Now if you have many screens in your Zoom room, then you can select the screen that you want to pin the zoom video.
How To Pin A Video On Zoom?
Now that you know how to tell if someone pinned you on zoom now let’s know-how can you pin someone on zoom? Well here are a few steps that you need to follow.
- When you are in a Zoom meeting you need to go to the video of that person you want to pin.
- Next select more options. You need to click on three dots on the top right-hand side corner of the zoom video.
- Now the pin menu is available.
- Now select in pin video from the drop-down option that comes.
And that’s it. You can easily pin anyone’s video and place them at the bottom of your screen. They will not even know that you have pinned them or not. It will be in that place until you unpin them.
How To Pin A Zoom Video On Android And iPad?
Though this pinning feature of Zoom is not available to iPhone users. But, if you have an iPad then you can follow these steps and then pin someone on zoom.
- Open Zoom client either on your Android device or iPad.
- Now start the meeting.
- Next click on the option manage participants.
- You will get a list of all the participants that present in your meeting.
- Click on the name of the participant whom you want to pin and then choose the option pin video.
- Now the participant’s video will be pinned on your screen.
But if you have many displays on your device then you will have to choose a display where you want to pin that video.
How To Unpin Someone On Zoom?
Unpinning someone on Zoom is really easy and won’t take much time. You can choose the unpin option from the drop-down present in the upper left side corner of that video. When you select this, the video will be unpinned and will go back to take your gallery.
So, following the above-given steps, you will know how to tell if someone pinned you on zoom or not. These steps are easy to follow. You can follow these steps and check it out for yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can Someone Tell If You Have Pinned Them?
There are many people who want to know if you have them pinned on zoom or not then the answer is no. The other person will not get a notification if you pin them on zoom.
Q. How To Hide Non-Video Participants On Zoom Video?
To hide non-video participants of zoom video you need to follow the given steps.
- You can right-click on any zoom participant whose video is either turned off or is dialed using the telephone.
- Now on that particular participant you need to press the three dots.
- Now from the drop-down menu select the option to hide non-video participants or hiding participants whose video is turned off.