However, smartwatches have been around for years, but period trackers were not launched until 2018. And now, its pro version has been launched on the Apple Watch, where users can track their menstrual cycle. After all, who wants to lose track of their menstrual cycle? Not you, we guess. Then come explore with us, how to track your menstrual cycles on Apple Watch.
These combinations have similar features to your typical period tracking applications. But, the difference which came out was, that instead of checking out your phone, you can now enter and view data on your wrist only. Because all of these are on a wearable platform, users can view what’s their health status and how it’s related to their menstrual cycles all in one place. Maintaining your menstrual cycles through a digital source can be easier than checking out the calendar again and again and then crossing on dates. Leave all of this behind and learn the digital way to have balanced periods.
To learn how to track your menstrual cycles on Apple Watch, tap on the digital crown >> enter Cycle Tracking app >> swipe any side to select a day >> tap on + button >> select among period, symptoms, spotting >> click on data >> click on Done >> view Summary. This was about the Apple Watch, what about the rest of the period trackers?
Technology has been developing and so has the public. See, periods can be tracked on your wrist, what else can be the best example of development! If you own an Apple watch and don’t want to leak out just anywhere then read this guide on how to track your Menstrual Cycles on Apple watch to prevent any sort of period uncertainty.
How To Track Your Menstrual Cycles On Apple Watch?
The Health app can be found on Apple Watch. Instead of downloading and filling out the memory of the Apple Watch, you can check out Apple’s own application: Cycle Tracking.
This application will let you record your period, symptoms and spots, etc. If you want, then you can also set other factors affecting your periods, ie: if you’re pregnant, lactating, or using contraceptives. It’ll also provide you with a summary of your entries with period prediction. If you want, you can enter your period information directly in the Health App, not only Apple Watches but every application has this feature. Your iPhone has to come into play when you’re marking things like pregnancy etc. It can be useful to record and track your symptoms as they occur on your wrist. Period Cycle Tracking Application is preloaded so that you don’t have to download it separately.
Here is how to track your Menstrual Cycles on Apple Watch:
- Tap on the Digital Crown, it’ll bring you your list of applications on the Apple Watch.
- Open the Cycle Tracking Application.
- Select a Day, the current day will set default. You need to change that according to your cycle.
- Log the Data, and tap “+”. There are options of symptoms, periods or spotting, etc, you can choose any.
- From the Specific Menus, click the Data you’d like to enter, ie: Period > Had Flow / No Flow > Light Flow / Medium Flow / Heavy Flow.
- Click on the Done, option in the top right corner.
- You’ll find the Summary of your period prediction, last periods and currently happening factors, at the bottom. You need to scroll a bit for that. And That’s it. You are done with how to track your Menstrual cycles on Apple Watch.
Related: NFT Apple Watch | Tech World Entering Metaverse
How To Track Your Menstrual Cycles On FITBIT?
To view your period data on the Fitbit app, you need to set up the Menstrual Health Tracking first.
- Click on the Today tab in the Fitbit app.
- You’ll observe a Pink Droplet, that’s Menstrual Health.
- If you cannot find it, tap on the Edit button.
- Scroll Downwards and click on the Menstrual Health tab in order to add it.
- You’ll then be directed to a few questions related to your cycle and fertile window features, you need to answer them.
In the Menstrual Health Tab, you’ve two options to view your cycles, in a Calendar or a Trend View. Your period dates will be highlighted in pink if you select the Calendar view and the fertile window with blue color. To enter details, tap on the green “+” icon and verify the data. The Trends tab will display your cycle history with a few factors related to your average length of periods, average estimated ovulation, and the average length of your cycle.
To view this information on your device:
- From the Clock Face, you need to Swipe Up.
- This will bring you a summary of today’s stats.
- Go to the Menstrual Health tab, you’ll find your next Predicted Period Date.
Related: Amazon Music Apple Watch | How To Install & Listen To It?
How To Track Your Menstrual Cycles On GARMIN?
How to track your Menstrual cycles on Apple watch and Fitbit should have been clear to you, let’s see how to do it with Garmin.
Apple Watch and Fitbit provide fitness tracking to a more general audience, although Garmin serves them too, it also provides more detailed data, especially for hard-core athletes. And, if you’re an athlete too, then you might be very concerned about your periods, if yes then Garmin is the go-to app for you because the app gives you insights into which supplements are logged which might be helpful for curing cramps.
The Garmin Connect app provides you with a Menstrual Cycle Card which will tell you your period prediction, your cycle phase, and your next cycle prediction. You are allowed to make personal notes, log your flow, physical system, ovulation, mood, and discharge. You can also get fertility prediction and period reminders if you wish.
You can enter your period in the Connect app powered by Garmin or a Garmin accessible device. Garmin trackers include a Menstrual Cycle Tracking Widget, which allows you to check your data along with your log symptoms. When you connect your Garmin accessible device to your smartphone, Garmin will bring you the Settings of features, including menstrual cycle health tracking.
Here are the instructions to get started with Garmin’s Connect App:
- Launch the Garmin Connect Application.
- Tap on the More button in the bottom right of the page.
- Select Health Stats.
- Scroll Downwards and select Menstrual Cycle.
- Click on Get Started and Answer the Questions related to your periods.
- Now, check if the Menstrual Cycle Tracking Widget is already downloaded to your device or not.
- If not, then you can download the widget from the Garmin Connect IQ Store.
- Grant the widget Access to push notifications, send and receive information, and Garmin Connect fitness profile.
- Now you’ll be able to Use the Widget on your Watch.
- Click on Open the Widget.
Related: Hey Siri Not Working On Apple Watch | Check Out Few Interesting Fixes!
Now onwards, you can track your position in your cycle, along with your physical symptoms. Garmin is special because it let you keep a record of your pregnancy in a more detailed way. For example, weight and size of baby, guidelines and symptom notes, baby’s movements, and blood glucose. It also offers a guide explaining pregnancy factors affecting Garmin’s training features and other metrics.
How to track pregnancy:
- Launch Garmin Connect Application.
- Click on the More option from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings followed by a click on User Settings.
- Scroll Downwards and click on Women’s Health.
- Click on Cycle Type and select Pregnancy.
- Select due date, weight gain goals hydration goals, and the option to temporarily stop your training status.
Related: How To Unpair Apple Watch Without Phone | 4 Easy Ways For You!
That’s all for how to track your Menstrual Cycles on Apple Watch.
Having a detailed track of the health and fitness features is the main reason why most Apple users wear Apple Watch. Apple has launched a variety of features during the past years. From heart rate tracking to activity tracking, these helpful metrics record your health not only by the number of the steps you walk but beyond that.
And now, the brand also announced the latest feature which will be accessible with the new WatchOS 6 update. Keeping a record or keep checking on your periods saves you from getting caught off guard, leaking in public, or scrambling to find a tampon or a cup. Tracking your cycle can be beneficial in many manners it lets you know how heavy your flow is, painful cramps, symptoms, etc.
All these can be tracked before happening and cures can be found in advance too. These metrics can aid your doctor to determine if you have any other related disease like endometriosis or polycystic ovarian syndrome. You can also find if you’re ovulating or not, this helps you if you are trying to get pregnant.
Q1. How To Add Periods On Apple Watch?
Ans. Open Health App on iPhone >> Tap Browse >> Tap Cycle Tracking >> Tap Get Started >> Follow Onscreen Instructions.
Q2. Does Apple Watch Pick Up Fetal Heartbeat?
Ans. Apple is an all-one device, it also allows pregnant mothers to hear their infant’s heartbeat. In an event organized by Apple, a declaration happened that physicians can track an infant’s heart rate along with contractions and the mother’s heart rate remotely.