Discord is a fully public forum where people from all over the world stay connected with each other and play games, watch movies together, etc. If you are a Discord Server user then you can make your own rules, start any topic for conversation and even act as the moderator. Moreover, if you are the owner of the Discord server then you can transfer the ownership as well. But do you know how to transfer Discord Server ownership?
Discord is a very popular social app that has been used by many users all over the world. This app was made for gamers mainly but today we get to see that even the non-gamers are using this app. This is mainly because Discord offers high-quality calls which people enjoy. You can make Discord servers and enjoy being the owner of your own server.
If you make a server and you are the owner of it then, you must have come across a time when being the owner can be really exhausting. You might get tired of managing many notifications, new members, and also creating content for the other platforms. You may even think of transferring the discord ownership to others. But the question that comes next is do you know how to transfer Discord Server ownership?
Well, if you don’t know the answer and are looking for an answer then you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss how you can transfer Discord server ownership. The steps are really easy and now let’s get to know what these easy peasy methods are?
What Happens When You Pass The Ownership Of A Discord Server?
When you transfer the ownership of the Discord server to somebody else then that person becomes the owner of the server. You will stay as a part of the server until and unless you manually leave the server. If you want to transfer the ownership to somebody else then it is important that you have to be the owner of the server. But if you want to totally get rid of the server then it is best that you delete the server.
How To Transfer Discord Server Ownership On Windows 10 And macOS?
Earlier the app was available for Windows only, but now the app has grown and is available to Apple computers as well. Here are a few steps that you need to follow to transfer ownership on Windows 10 and macOS.
- Open your Discord app.
- Go to the server which you will find at the left-hand side server list.
- Now go on the server’s icon and right-click on it.
- After that click on the server setting entry option.
- Tap on the Members option which you find on the side menu.
- Find the name of the server that you want to transfer and go to the entry option.
- You will find a three-dot icon. Click on it.
- Choose the option, Transfer ownership.
- If you get a prompt then confirm the transfer.
How To Transfer Discord Server Ownership On Chromebook?
Actually, the Discord App for Chromebook OS does not exist. But you need not worry since you can access Discord through your browser. If you don’t want to bother yourself with using the credentials to log in then in Discord you can even scan the QR code with your mobile app if you are logged in. Here are a few steps that you need to follow to log in to Discord with the QR code option.
- Open Discord.com.
- Click on the open Discord option in your browser.
- Here you will see the QR code.
- Open the Discord app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Go to your profile icon present at the bottom right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Now choose the Scan QR code option.
- Use the camera and scan the QR code on your smartphone or tablet.
- Confirm that you can trust the computer.
- Once you are logged in follow the steps that we have mentioned for the Window and macOS app.
How To Transfer Discord Server Ownership On iOS And Android Devices?
Earlier there used to be a difference between the apps that we use on Android and iOS devices. But now that difference does not exist anymore. Today, there is a trend to make the Android app similar to its iOS counterparts. The mobile or the tablet desktop Discord app can be a good example here. So, whether you use an iPad, iPhone or any other kind of android device the steps to transfer ownership to either of these devices will remain the same. Now let’s take a look at what steps you need to follow:
- Open your Discord App. Log in to your account.
- Choose the server to which you want to transfer the ownership to (the option will be available at left-hand side list).
- Now swipe left to get the list of the channels.
- Click on the three dots icon adjacent to the name of the server at the top of the screen.
- Choose the settings option.
- Scroll down till you find the user management section. Then you need to click on the members option.
- Click on the name of the users to whom you want to transfer the ownership.
- Press the transfer ownership option.
- Confirm your decision when you get the prompt.
So now you know how to transfer Discord Server ownership. The steps were easy right? If the post was helpful to you, don’t forget to share it with your friends as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Transfer Bot Ownership Of A Discord Server?
You will not be able to transfer ownership to a bot. But there are workarounds like Python, Discord.js settings that may help you with an owner bot for Discord. But this method is not simple. You need to include the third-party apps which you need to use, making it complicated. If your server is important for you then you can alter the bot ownership but only if you have experience in coding.
Q. How To Remove The Owner Of The Discord Server?
If we talk about large servers then the server owners are trustworthy and reputable. But there is no Discord server that is completely immune to hacks and any other kind of intrusion. Also, it may happen that the owners start to behave in such a way that might be bad for the server. But there is no way by which you can remove the owner of the server.