Facebook Live is a great way for you to get a wide audience if you have started your new business and want a wider reach. It is also the best way by which you can stay connected with your friends while you stay at home. But, there are a lot of comments that can distract you while you go live. So, it is suggested that you do not keep your comments enabled. But, how to do so? If you want to know how to turn off comments on Facebook Live then you should read this post to know about it.
We all use social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, etc. These apps have become a part of our lives and among all, Facebook tops the list. Whether you go live on any page, group, the event then you will find some mischief users who will distract you from live streaming since they post bad and vulgar comments that none of us obviously like.
Sometimes the comments that you get, are positive and will give you the motivation that will keep you motivated to work. But there are many times when spammers ruin your happiness. So, if you want to know how to turn off comments on Facebook live then this blog is for you.
Since this is the largest platform where you can gain lots of audiences. Due to this reason people always prefer Facebook to promote and sell their products. But, you cannot people from spamming your comments. However, it is not a difficult task now. So, let us get to know how to turn off comments on Facebook live.
How To Turn Off Comments On Facebook Live?
Whenever you go live on Facebook there will be other users who will comment on anything that you say or share to express their opinions. However, there are many users who like to do bad comments, criticize, and troll you. At this, you may consider turning off the comments section in the Facebook live. You can even block a particular user on Facebook.
Similarly, you can even make comments only for family and friends. Well, this can stop the comments. However, this will be a lengthy process. There you need to check each and every user. After checking, you can block those users one by one. Ahhhh! Too much work. Isn’t it?
So if you want to get rid of all the hate and negative comments easily without much effort, then here are some steps that you need to follow.
How To Turn Off Comments On Facebook Live On Your Computer?
There are many users who find it easy to use the Facebook app on their computers. But if you want to turn off comments on Facebook from your computer then the steps will be a bit different. So let’s take a look at the steps that you need to follow to turn off comments in Facebook live.
- In the create list you will see the live button. Click on it to set the live stream.
- Ensure that you are below the stream setup tab. Now, under the settings option look for comments. Now you need to click on it to get the options.
- Make sure that this option is not be available if you go live from your profile. This will be specifically available for events, pages, and groups.
- Next you can choose in which way you want to restrict the comments. Then go to the comment restriction section. However, there is no specific way by which you can totally turn off the comment. But if you toggle on all the options that are available then you will get the same results.
- But if you are watching the live stream as a viewer then hiding or disabling the comments will be easy. To hide the comments you need to go to the video and then press Hide the comments and reactions buttons.
- In this way you can turn off the comments and do your live stream freely.
Also, have a look at Easiest Way To See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile in 2021!
How To Turn Off Comments On Facebook Live On Your Android And iOS Devices?
The Facebook live feature is extensively used from the mobile phone as it is easy to capture any event. So, if you are one of those who use the Facebook app on a mobile phone, then here are some steps that you need to follow:
- On your mobile device open the Facebook app.
- Choose any Facebook feed that is live.
- Now you press on any of the live video streams. Likewise, you can even start any live video on your smartphone.
- Now by default you can see the reactions and comments.
- So if you want to turn off the comments then on the screen you need to swipe right.
- By doing this the comments are disabled. If you want to enable the comments by just swiping left on your screen.
- Likewise you can also press on the live video stream. Then, press the icon that you can see on the top right corner adjacent to three dots. In this way, you can disable the comments. If you want to enable the comments then you have to press on it again.
Also, check out How To See Private Facebook Photos? 4 Spying Hacks To Try!
How To Turn Off Comments On Facebook Live As A Viewer?
If you tune in to somebody else’s live stream from the Facebook app, then do you know what happens?
All you need to do is to swipe the screen to the left side from the right side to hide the comments. However, doing this will not turn off the comments. But yes, you will not get to see the comments while you watch the Facebook live stream.
These were some of the ways by which you can turn off the comments on Facebook live on both your computer, Android, or iOS devices. Just turn off the comments and enjoy the video without any hindrance.
Still, got doubts about How to turn off the comments on Facebook live. Reach out to us in the comment section below. We would love to answer your queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Keep The Comment Box Open By Default?
If you want to keep the comment box open by default then, here are some steps that you need to follow:
- Go to your stream.
- Then press the setup option.
- Now select the stream option so that you go to the basic setup page if the stream.
- In the commenting module you need to shift the slider of the comment box open by default. In this way, the comment box will open by default on your stream.
- Now, press the save changes option and your settings will be saved.
Q. How To Manage Comments Through Facebook Manager?
Here are some easy steps that you need to follow to manage the comments:
- On your Facebook page, go to the inbox section.
- Press on comments and more options.
- Choose Facebook and then press on that you rather want to hide or delete so that you can open the post which has that comment.
- Now select the comment and decide whether you want to hide or delete the comment.