What difference can a backlit keyboard offer? I think you don’t know how to turn on keyboard light!! Right? Ask this to a gamer and get funky answers in return. Changing your keyboard sound and lights can add a whole new ambiance to the gaming experience. If you are a night owl or into PC Gaming, or Gaming skill improvement tools like Spacebar Counter. You know the importance of a backlit keyboard. If you got a new PC and can’t figure out how to turn on the keyboard light, then go ahead and read the steps.
There are so many shortcut keys to do so. Some settings are even available for a single press on a single keyboard key. There are a variety of colors that you can use for your backlit keyboard. Want to know the shortcuts on how to turn on the keyboard light? This post is framed very much for that purpose.
Press the dedicated button for keyboard backlighting · Press the Increase Brightness button · Press the assigned Function key. Learn to use the right key for the right laptop model to turn on the keyboard backlight. This post has covered some really quick steps and shortcut clicks for your gaming laptop, such as turning on Keyboard lights for Asus, Lenovo, HP, Mac, etc. Also, is it possible to use an external keyboard with your laptop?
Turn on your laptops, and follow these steps to get the required results. Now that you know what you’re going to get, let’s not wait further and head towards the steps to turn on the backlit keyboard. Locate the button which controls the keyboard light and follow these steps!
How To Turn On Keyboard Lights? Enable Backlit Keyboard
To turn on Keyboard light Press the “Fn” + “Spacebar” key simultaneously on the keyboard. This method works for most of the laptops available in the market.
Open the Windows Mobility Center, and you will see a few options. Move the slider under the Keyboard backlight tab to the right to enable the backlight. Here are different d light shortcuts that you can use for different laptop models to turn on the backlit keyboard:
If your laptop has a backlit keyboard, you need to search for the F5 button on the keyboard. To make it easy for you, the F5 button even contains a backlight icon on it.
Keyboard Light Shortcut | How To Light Up Keyboard
Here is a table that will tell you a quick overview of the laptop keyboard light shortcut. We have mentioned the name of the brands as well the Keyboard Light shortcuts used to backlit the keyboard.
|Model||Keyboard Light Shortcut|
|Any laptop With Back Lit Facility||Fn + F5|
|Dell 14 Inspiron 7000, 15, 2016, 15, 17 5000 Series||Alt+F10|
|Inspiron 15 5000, Latitude E5550, Latitude E7450/E7470.||Fn+F10|
|Dell XPS 2016 and 13.||F10|
|Dell Studio 15||Fn+F6|
|Asus||Fn+F4 or F5|
|HP||Fn+F5Fn+11 or Fn+9Fn+Space|
|Lenovo||Fn + Space bar clicker.|
|Mac Book||Use F5 and F6 keys to adjust the Keyboard light brightness|
You may also be interested to know How To Choose The Best Gaming Laptop? 8+ Factors To Consider Before Buying!
What you need to do is simply press the F5 button and the Fn button (available at the left button) together and your keyboard will light up.
So, simple, right? You can even adjust the brightness of the keyboard lighting on some laptop models like Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus, etc.
How To Turn On Keyboard Light Lenovo
If you are here searching for how to turn on the Keyboard lights in Lenovo, you will be happy to know that the company has made it simple for users to easily turn the backlit on and off. Just follow the steps given below.
Press the “Fn” + “Spacebar” key simultaneously on the keyboard. This will light the backlight of the Lenovo laptops.
Lenovo offers three modes and these are off, low, and high. All three modes can be accessed using the “Fn” + “Spacebar” keys.
Also, check out How To Screenshot On ASUS Laptop? Learn All The Shortcuts!!
How To Turn On Keyboard Lights In Dell?
Here are the steps you need to follow to turn on the backlit keyboard in the dell. The steps are the same for different series with whichever laptop model you have. Have a look:
- Press Alt+F10 if you have Dell 14 Inspiron 7000, 15, 2016, 15, 17 5000 Series.
- Press Fn+F10 if you have Inspiron 15 5000, Latitude E5550, Latitude E7450/E7470.
- Simply press the F10 key on your keyboard if you have Dell XPS 2016 and 13.
- And you need to press Fn+F6 keys together if you have Dell Studio 15.
Also, check out How To Turn On Keyboard Sound On Android & iPhone?
How To Turn On Keyboard Lights On HP?
Follow these simple steps on how to turn on keyboard lights in HP Backlit keyboard:
- Simply press Fn+F5 keys together.
- Some models may need you to press Fn+11 or Fn+9 keys to turn on keyboard lights.
- While some models will work with a simple Fn+Space.
How To Turn On Keyboard Lights On Asus?
Unlike other laptops, Asus users can turn on their backlit keyboard with just two simple clicks.
You simply have to press the Fn+F4 or F5 key and it’s done.
How To Turn On Keyboard Light In Your Mac Computer?
- You can turn on the keyboard light on your Mac computer so that it’s easy to see the keys even in low-light conditions.
- To adjust the brightness of the keyboard light on your Mac, use the F5 and F6 keys.
- You can also set up your keyboard light to automatically turn on when it’s dark, and adjust how long it stays on for.
Also, check out Best Gaming Laptops Under $1000 in 2021-In Your Budget!
How To Turn Off Keyboard Lights?
We don’t always want our keyboard’s backlight to be turned on all the time. Like during the daytime or when enjoying a late-night movie, just turn off the backlit keyboard. Turning off the backlights is as easy as turning them on.
All you need to do is, simply press F5 and F9 keys together.
Or long-press the F11 key on your keyboard.
Or the third way is by pressing the Fn + F5, F9, or F11 keys together.
1. Step One: Open the Windows Mobility Center. Find your Windows Mobility Center by typing into the search bar located on the left of the taskbar. This Mobility Center allows you to access the laptop’s attractive features, such as the display’s brightness and battery display.
- Make sure you scan your laptop’s keyboard to find a key with the “keyboard light” icon, usually represented as a small square with light rays that shoot outwards.
- It is possible to hold your “Fn” key and this other key simultaneously to go through the settings for your keyboard light. If that’s the case, continue to tap at the “keyboard light” icon until the light is turned off. Your light has turned off, and you no longer need to rely on Windows Mobility Center.
2. Step Two: You can look for the “Keyboard” section of the Windows Mobility Center. It is located in the Mobility Center differs across devices and devices, but typically it comprises anywhere between 5-6 boxes, each marked with a specific laptop feature. Its “Keyboard” section will include the option of turning the light for your keyboard either on or off.
- There are a few exceptions. Not all Windows laptop comes with a “Keyboard” section in the Windows Mobility Center. If the option isn’t accessible, try typing the brand name and model of the laptop to the Windows taskbar’s search box and then using the manufacturer’s device manager.
- Certain computers, especially gaming laptops, will not permit their keyboard lights to be completely turned off.
3. Step Three: Select”Off” from the “Off” circle under “Keyboard Light.” If you’d like to turn your Windows 10 keyboard light off, select the circle that reads “Off” and click “Ok” to quit Windows Mobility Center. Windows Mobility Center and save your settings.
- There ought to be a “Brightness” slider, which you can modify the brightness manually of the keyboard light.
- If you’d like to switch the light for your keyboard back on, return to Windows Mobility Center. Windows Mobility Center and choose the circle that reads “On” instead!
Ahh!! This feature holds a whole different vibe. Especially for gamers!! Change the background lighting of your keyboard and enjoy some really funky and cool gaming experiences.
Here is a complete guide on How to change the Keyboard light color.
Also, check out Best Gaming Laptops Under $2000 in 2021!
Many laptops like HP OMEN Laptop, Acer Swift 3, Dell XPS 15, Apple MacBook Pro, etc. have this feature of zoned backlighting. This feature enables the users to modify and select different colors for the backlight of keyboard keys.
The Zoned Backlighting feature is highly useful for gamers as they can keep track of different keys while playing games through different color keys.
Now, how to apply this feature on your keyboard? Follow these simple steps:
- If you are an HP user, go to OMEN Command Center. If you are using any other laptop go to that model’s command center from your windows taskbar.
- You’ll find the “lighting” option on the left side of the screen. Click on it.
- Select “Keyboard” from the top right corner. You’ll be provided with three different modes on screen: Automatic, Static & Off.
- Click on “Static”. A drop-down menu showing 6 different color templates will appear along with a custom option. These templates include WASD, MMO, FPS, P1-P6, MOBA, and All Keys pre-existed in the system.
- Select any desired template. A color guide will appear at the bottom of the command center. From this color guide, you can choose different colors for different keys of your own choice.
- Press “Apply” on the desired colors and enjoy the colorful backlit keyboard.
How To Adjust Brightness on a Backlit Keyboard?
Keyboard brightness is important for many aspects like your eyes sensitivity, for maintaining gaming flow, etc.
To adjust the brightness on a backlit keyboard you need to press the “backlight” function key a few times until you are satisfied with the brightness level. Usually, the “F11” button is for decreasing the brightness and “F12” is for increasing the brightness. This single button can help you adjust the brightness easily.
Don’t miss out on Best Gaming Laptops in 2021 Every Gamer Dreams Of!
Can I Install a Backlit Keyboard On My Laptop?
If you have a keyboard containing the backlit feature, then it’s not at all a hard hard job to do so. But if not then it’s hard to activate this feature. In short, it’s impossible to install a backlit keyboard until and unless you are an expert computer engineer or something.
How to Enable Your Keyboard Backlight in Windows 10
- Open the Control panel on your Laptop.
- next, navigate to the “Windows Mobility Center” and click on it.
- On the next screen locate “Hardware and Sound”.
- Next open the Windows Mobility Center and you will be able to see a few options.
- Locate “Keyboard light” and slide the slider to enable it.
- Click on the tab to access additional options. Enable Keyboard lighting and select the brightness you want.
- Next, choose the time for keyboard backlight’s auto shutdown.
- Select OK.
Also, check out How To Make Keyboard Bigger On iPhone? 5 Effective Ways!!
Why Won’t My Keyboard’s Backlight Switch On?
There are many reasons that your keyboard’s backlighting isn’t working. Here are a few that you might want to look into:
- Your device might not have the option of a backlit keyboard. Not all laptops or keyboards on desktops come with lighting for their keyboards. Contact the manufacturer of your device to verify that the model that you’re using is designed to feature backlighting. If yes, make sure that you’re using correct keystrokes or buttons or settings to activate it.
- Certain laptops, like MacBooks, make use of light sensors to backlight in low-light conditions. It’s important to understand where they’re on your device and make sure that you’re not blocking them.
- Is the backlightn’t functioning or is the brightness setting way too high? If the brightness level of the backlight is set to low The light could be working but you’re not seeing it. Check to see if you can raise the brightness using the suggestions above so that you can better see the light.
- It’s possible that you need to upgrade the BIOS to the most recent version, or the settings aren’t set up correctly. If you decide to upgrade the BIOS to the most recent version or change its settings, make certain to follow your device’s manufacturer’s specific instructions to do the same.
Hope now you know how to turn on Keyboard lights. Apply these simple steps and shortcut keys and enjoy the colorful backlit keyboard. Whatever company’s PC you’re having, HP, Lenovo, Aser, Mac, etc. these shortcuts work for almost every PC having a backlit feature for their keyboards.
Frequently Asked Questions About Keyboard Lights!
Q. How Do I Make My Microsoft Keyboard Light Up?
Turn the keyboard backlight on or off, press the F5 key. If the backlight icon is not on the F5 key, look for the backlit keyboard key on the row of function keys. It might be necessary to press the fn (function) key at the same time to activate the backlight key.
Why Will My Keyboard Not Light Up?
Make sure the Keyboard backlit option is enabled in the BIOS. Click Keyboard Illumination. Note: If Keyboard Illumination is not an option, your computer does not have a backlit keyboard. Depending on the version of the BIOS on your computer, you may have different options.
What To Do If The Keyboard Lighting Isn’t Working?
In the case that the Spacebar on your keyboard has a keyboard icon on its left side, hold the function (Fn) key and hit the Spacebar once.
Hit the F12 key.
Then, press the F5 key.
Also, press the key with the backlight sign on it.
Q. How Do I Brighten The Screen On My Laptop?
Use the screen brightness keys on the keyboard to adjust your laptop’s screen brightness. Alternatively, go to the Windows Action Center on the taskbar and move the Brightness slider. You can also go to Settings > System > Display > Brightness and color.
Q. How Do I Turn On The Keyboard Light On My Lenovo Laptop?
Press Fn+Spacebar to turn on the backlight at its dimmest settings. Keep pressing Fn+Spacebar to cycle through the brightness settings. You can also control the keyboard backlight with Lenovo’s Vantage software.