What difference can a backlit keyboard offer? I think you don’t know how to turn on keyboard light!! Right? Ask this to a gamer and get funky answers in return. I mean the backlit keyboard has turned on the whole ambiance for streamers like crazy. If you are a night owl or into PC Gaming, you know the importance of a backlit keyboard. If you got a new PC and can’t figure out how to turn on the keyboard light, then go ahead and read the steps.
There are so many shortcut keys to do so. Some settings are even available for a single press on a single keyboard key. There are a variety of colors that you can use for your backlit keyboard. Want to know the shortcuts on how to turn on the keyboard light? This post is framed very much for that purpose.
In this post, we have covered some really quick steps and shortcut clicks for your gaming laptop, such as:
- How To Turn On Keyboard Light for Dell, Asus, Mac, Lenovo, Asus,etc.
- How To Turn Off a Backlit Keyboard?
- How To Change The Color Of A Backlit Keyboard?
- How To Adjust Brightness On A Backlit Keyboard?
- Can I Install A Backlit Keyboard On My Laptop?
Turn on your laptops, and follow these steps to get the required results. Now that you know what you’re gonna get, let’s not wait further and head towards the steps to turn on the backlit keyboard.
How To Turn On Keyboard Light? – Backlit Keyboard
If your laptop has a backlit keyboard, you need to search for the F5 button on the keyboard. To make it easy for you, the F5 button even contains a backlight icon on it.
You may also be interested to know How To Choose The Best Gaming Laptop? 8+ Factors To Consider Before Buying!
What you need to do is simply press the F5 button and the Fn button (available at the left button) together and your keyboard will light up.
So, simple, right? You can even adjust the brightness of the keyboard lighting on some laptop models like Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus, etc.
How To Turn On Keyboard Lights In Dell?
Here are the steps you need to follow to turn on the backlit keyboard in the dell. Whichever laptop model you have, the steps are the same for different series. Have a look:
- Press Alt+F10 if you have Dell 14 Inspiron 7000, 15, 2016, 15, 17 5000 Series.
- Press Fn+F10 if you have Inspiron 15 5000, Latitude E5550, Latitude E7450/E7470.
- Simply press the F10 key on your keyboard if you have Dell XPS 2016 and 13.
- And you need to press Fn+F6 keys together if you have Dell Studio 15.
How To Turn On Keyboard Lights On HP?
Follow these simple steps to turn on the HP Backlit keyboard:
- Simply press Fn+F5 keys together.
- Some models may need you to press Fn+11 or Fn+9 keys to turn on keyboard lights.
- While some models will work with a simple Fn+Space.
How To Turn On Keyboard Lights On Asus?
Unlike other laptops, Asus users can turn on their backlit keyboard with just two simple clicks.
You simply have to press the Fn+F4 or F5 key and it’s done.
How To Turn On Backlights On Lenovo?
- On the keyboard, the keys that are used to enable or disable the backlight is the Fn + Space bar.
- Hold down the FN key and then tap the Space bar.
- This is a toggle switch that turns on and off the backlight. Turning off the backlight is useful for when you are typing in low light or an area where lighting on the keyboard is poor for viewing the letters.
How To Turn On Keyboard Light In Your Mac Computer?
- You can turn on the keyboard light on your Mac computer so that it’s easy to see the keys even in low-light conditions.
- To adjust the brightness of the keyboard light on your Mac, use the F5 and F6 keys.
- You can also set up your keyboard light to automatically turn on when it’s dark, and adjust how long it stays on for.
Also, check out Best Gaming Laptops Under $1000 in 2021-In Your Budget!
How To Turn Off a Backlit Keyboard?
We don’t always want our keyboard’s backlight to be turned on all the time. Like during the daytime or when enjoying a late-night movie, just turn off the backlit keyboard. Turning off the backlights is as easy as turning them on.
All you need to do is, simply press F5 and F9 keys together.
Or long-press the F11 key on your keyboard.
Or the third way is by pressing the Fn + F5, F9, or F11 keys together.
How To Change The Color Of A Backlit Keyboard?
Ahh!! This feature holds a whole different vibe. Especially for gamers!! Change the background lighting of your keyboard and enjoy some really funky and cool gaming experiences.
Also, check out Best Gaming Laptops Under $2000 in 2021!
Many laptops like HP OMEN Laptop, Acer Swift 3, Dell XPS 15, Apple MacBook Pro, etc. have this feature of zoned backlighting. This feature enables the users to modify and select different colors for the backlight of keyboard keys.
The Zoned Backlighting feature is highly useful for gamers as they can keep track of different keys while playing games through different color keys.
Now, how to apply this feature on your keyboard? Follow these simple steps:
- If you are an HP user, go to OMEN Command Center. If you are using any other laptop go to that model’s command center from your windows taskbar.
- You’ll find the “lighting” option on the left side of the screen. Click on it.
- Select “Keyboard” from the top right corner. You’ll be provided with three different modes on screen: Automatic, Static & Off.
- Click on “Static”. A drop-down menu showing 6 different color templates will appear along with a custom option. These templates include WASD, MMO, FPS, P1-P6, MOBA, and All Keys pre-existed in the system.
- Select any desired template. A color guide will appear at the bottom of the command center. From this color guide, you can choose different colors for different keys of your own choice.
- Press “Apply” on the desired colors and enjoy the colorful backlit keyboard.
How To Adjust Brightness on a Backlit Keyboard?
Keyboard brightness is important for many aspects like your eyes sensitivity, for maintaining gaming flow, etc.
To adjust the brightness on a backlit keyboard you need to press the “backlight” function key a few times until you are satisfied with the brightness level. Usually, the “F11” button is for decreasing the brightness and “F12” is for increasing the brightness. This single button can help you adjust the brightness easily.
Don’t miss out on Best Gaming Laptops in 2021 Every Gamer Dreams Of!
Can I Install a Backlit Keyboard On My Laptop?
If you have a keyboard containing the backlit feature, then it’s not at all a hard hard job to do so. But if not then it’s hard to activate this feature. In short, it’s impossible to install a backlit keyboard until and unless you are an expert computer engineer or something.
Hope now you know how to turn on Keyboard lights. Apply these simple steps and shortcut keys and enjoy the colorful backlit keyboard. Whatever company’s PC you’re having, HP, Lenovo, Aser, Mac, etc. these shortcuts work for almost every PC having a backlit feature for their keyboards.
Frequently Asked Questions About Keyboard Lights!
How do I make my Microsoft keyboard light up?
Turn the keyboard backlight on or off, press the F5 key. If the backlight icon is not on the F5 key, look for the backlit keyboard key on the row of function keys. It might be necessary to press the fn (function) key at the same time to activate the backlight key.
Why will my keyboard not light up?
Make sure the Keyboard backlit option is enabled in the BIOS. … Click Keyboard Illumination. Note: If Keyboard Illumination is not an option, your computer does not have a backlit keyboard. Depending on the version of the BIOS on your computer, you may have different options.
What to do if the Keyboard lighting isn’t working?
In the case that the Spacebar on your keyboard has a keyboard icon on its left side, hold the function (Fn) key and hit the Spacebar once.
Hit the F12 key.
Then, press the F5 key.
Also, press the key with the backlight sign on it.
How do I brighten the screen on my laptop?
Use the screen brightness keys on the keyboard to adjust your laptop’s screen brightness. Alternatively, go to the Windows Action Center on the taskbar and move the Brightness slider. You can also go to Settings > System > Display > Brightness and color.
How do I turn on the keyboard light on my Lenovo laptop?
Press Fn+Spacebar to turn on the backlight at its dimmest settings. Keep pressing Fn+Spacebar to cycle through the brightness settings. You can also control the keyboard backlight with Lenovo’s Vantage software.
Featured Image Credits: TechSupportAll