Excited about Instagram’s new Desktop feature? Instagram is testing a new desktop feature!! Instagram is such a brilliant social platform that keeps adding new features for its users from time to time. A few months back when we all were drawn away by the Instagram Reels to make money and enjoyment, now another experiment to post on Instagram via desktop browser is under testing.
Recent reports reveal that Facebook has now confirmed that Instagram is testing a new Desktop feature that will allow the users to post pictures and videos directly from a desktop browser. Just like the freehand use of filters and photo edits on mobile phones, this new feature allows the same for Instagram’s desktop website.
While many people still seem not so sure about this upcoming feature, some leaked screenshots of this desktop publishing feature added fuel to the rumors (now proven reality)!! This creative and time-saving feature was first spotted by Matt Navarra, an industry insider. He even posted screenshots of posting through the desktop website of Instagram on Twitter creating enough hype for this new feature.
A Facebook Spokesperson, Christine Pai gave this statement, “We know that many people access Instagram from their computer. To improve that experience, we’re now testing the ability to create a Feed post on Instagram with their desktop browser.”
How To Post On Instagram From Desktop?
Since Instagram is testing a new Desktop feature, Posting videos and photos remain the same, just a slight difference in the process to do so. Now that you get to post using your PC Browser, let’s find out what steps are involved in doing so.
Posting a photo on Instagram from Desktop:
- Open Instagram.com using your desktop browser.
- Login to your account.
- At the top right corner, click on the + icon from the webpage.
- Select the image you wish to post from your Windows or Mac just like you selected using your iOS or Android phone.
- Once you select the image, you’ll have to select an image size from the four available options that are Original, Square (1:1), Landscape (16:9), and Portrait (4:5).
- After you have chosen the size of the image, you can try different filters on the image. The brightness, saturation, contrast, temperature, fade, etc. all can be adjusted.
Posting a Video on Instagram from Desktop:
In case you wish to post a video on Instagram using a desktop browser, the process differs slightly from the previous one.
- Open an Instagram account on a desktop browser.
- From the top right corner, click on the + icon from the webpage.
- Select the desired video you want to post. You can select any frame for your selected video.
- You’ll get a toggle to turn on or off the sounds. Once done with the editing, hit the post. And it’s done.
This move of Instagram’s Desktop Posting marks Facebook’s latest update. Amidst the scrutiny of dominating social media market, this new practice has made the popular photo-sharing app, Instagram even more popular among its users.
Don’t know why it took so long for Instagram to bring out this feature but thankfully now that it will be out shortly, content creators can enjoy the big screen editing. As we know that there are millions of Instagram users out there. Earlier, which was just a photo uploading app, is now a sensational social media platform.
Various users use this app to influence a large audience by editing and creating their posts. They even use many tips and tricks to get more reach on Instagram. But doing everything through your smartphone gets a little hard sometimes. Now that this new feature of official desktop Instagram publishing steps in, the content creators and influencers will get much relief to edit their content.
Featured Image Credits: Storify Go