If you are running out of storage on your iCloud but want to store your remarkable photos, then there’s nothing better than transferring them to Google Photos or Drive. Here, we will guide you to transfer Apple iCloud photos to google photos and to Google Drive.
Google Photos is one of the best platforms that lets you store photos and videos and it is available for both Android as well as iPhone. Apart from it, both Google Photos and Google Drive features an artificial intelligence assistant that helps manage your media files in an effective way.
In order to transfer your Apple iCloud photos to Google Photos or Drive, you have to follow some steps that include requesting to transfer a copy of your data, selecting the destination and photo storage size, and more.
We can’t mention the complete information in these above-listed two-three lines. That’s why we have discussed the photos transferring method in the below article.
How to Transfer Apple iCloud Photos to Google Photos And Drive
Follow this guide carefully if you want to transfer photos from iCloud to Google Photos and to Google Drive, without facing any error.
Transfer Photos From iCloud To Google Photos
- You have to log into the official website of Apple(privacy.apple.com) from any browser with your Apple ID and click on Request to transfer a copy of your data.
- After that, click on the Select a destination in the drop-down box and Select Google Photos.
- Check the Photos and Videos boxes to transfer selected media. (Note: Make sure that you have enough space).
- Confirm that you have enough storage space in your Google account and click Continue.
- Now, choose the Google account you want to transfer your iCloud Photos to.
- After selecting the particular Google Account, click Allow in order to add media to your Google Photos library.
- After that, confirm the Apple Data and Privacy choices and click “Allow“.
- Recheck your choices once more, and click “Confirm Transfers“.
After clicking on Confirm Transfers, the process can take three or more days, depending on the total size of your iCloud Photos library. However, you’ll get notified when the transfer completes.
Transfering iCloud photos to Google Photos are very simple and in this way, you can transfer them, only if you follow the above steps carefully.
Transfer Photos From iCloud To Google Drive
The steps to transfer iCloud photos to Google Drive is also very simple and are quite similar to transfer photos from iCloud to Google Photos. In order to do this, you have to:
- Browse iCloud.com from any browser and log in there by entering your Apple ID and password.
- After visiting iCloud.com, you’ll be seeing all the photos. Select the images you want to transfer to Google photos and click the download button on the top right. (You can also press “Shift+D” to download photos directly).
- Now, browse the official Google Drive website and log in there by entering your Gmail ID(Google Account) and password.
- After that, click on the New button on the top and select file upload
- Choose the downloaded photos from iCloud and your iCloud photos will move to Google Drive.
In this way, you can easily transfer your photos from iCloud to Google Drive.
Also read, Best Photo Editing Apps
All these above-mentioned steps are ways that allow you to transfer iCloud photos to Google Photos and to Google Drive. We hope this guide will help you to do this. If you have any other doubts regarding transferring Photos, you can comment it down.
Featured Image Credit: 9to5mac.com
Can I transfer photos from iCloud to Google Drive?
Yes, you can easily transfer photos from iCloud to Google Drive. What you need is to follow the above-mentioned steps carefully.
Is Google photos better than iCloud?
In terms of sharing the photos, Google Photos is better than iCloud. But both the iCloud Photos and Google Photos are the best platform for storing media like photos and videos.
Can I use Google Photos and iCloud?
iCloud is only made for iOS devices where as Google Photos is available for both the Android as well as iOS devices. However, if you own an iPhone, you can use both the iCloud and Google Photos.