YouTube and AdBlock are perhaps the best combos there are many videos on demand without any fees or ad interruptions which actually is a luxury that many of us take. But nowadays AdBlock is giving issues and is not working properly on YouTube. Do you know How Fix AdBlock not working on YouTube?
We understand how frustrating it can be that you are watching your favorite video on YouTube and then ads just keep popping up. You can easily install a YouTube AdBlocker so that you can get rid of these annoying ads but you still can get these ads to pop up on your screen.
But now like others, if you are facing issues with AdBlock not working on YouTube, then here’s a post on How Fix AdBlock not working on YouTube. Here are a few ways that will help you to know how easily you can fix this issue, reset your YouTube account, turn off and turn on the AdBlock extension, update the AdBlock filter list, and update AdBlock to the latest version.
We have mentioned these ways below in detail. You just need to refer to these methods and then follow them to easily fix the AdBlock not working on YouTube.
If you think that you are the only one facing issues with AdBlock not working on YouTube then you are wrong. There are many other users who too are facing this issue. So here we have mentioned a few ways by which you will know how fix AdBlock not working on YouTube.
1. Reset Your YouTube Account
We do know that YouTube ads are individually tailored for each of us on the basis of our search history and our browsing activity. The ads are following us literally everywhere we go online and find their chance to be displayed in the midst of watching our favorite show. Resetting your YouTube account could be one of the ways that help you to know How Fix AdBlock not working on YouTube. Here are a few steps which you need to follow:
- Go to youtube.com and then click on your profile picture situated at the upper right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Choose the log-out option in the drop-down list.
- Now you can delete cookies and cache on your browser.
- Go back to youtube.com and then press on the login option.
- Here you need to provide your login credentials and run the video to see the result.
2. Turn Off And On The AdBlock Extension
Not only does YouTube will analyze your viewing habits to supply you with the targeted ads but it will also punish the users who are trying to block these commercials sometimes, otherwise it is not possible to explain how the video streaming may decide which users can skip ads and after how many seconds and who is set to have them unskippable. So, if you are facing issues with AdBlock not working on YouTube then that is because of the recent changes to the YouTube policy regarding ads blocked and has affected everyone. Here’s how you can turn off and on the AdBlock extension in google chrome:
- Open a new tab in chrome and paste this link in the address bar, hit enter
- Now, in the extensions tab look for the AdBlock version that you are using.
- Then click on disable option.
- Now restart your browser and then enable the AdBlock again. So this is how fix AdBlock not working on YouTube.
- Open your safari and then click on the menu present in the top bar.
- Choose the preferences option and then go to the extensions tab.
- Look for AdBlock in the list and untick the box that is adjacent to the enable this extension option.
- Now, restart your safari and then enable AdBlock again in the same tab.
3. Update The AdBlock Filter List
When it comes to watching videos on YouTube AdBlock not working properly can actually be a result of using outdated filter lists. The whole AdBlock magic is based on the filter and this is how the software can identify the unwanted elements on the web page among all the others. Sites like YouTube are trying to continuously change the structure of their page so that it becomes difficult for the ad blocking scripts to bypass the irritating commercials. Even though the filter lists are being updated automatically with each new version of AdBlock you will still be able to refresh them manually on demand. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open your browser and then click on the AdBlock logo.
- Now go to the options which you will find in the drop-down AdBlock extension menu.
- Next, you have to go to the filter lists tab present on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Now, click on the red update now button. And wait till it is completed.
- Now, restart your PC and then go back to YouTube and then run any ads and see if the ads have disappeared or not.
4. Update AdBlock To The Latest Version
This issue can also be caused because of the incorrect functions of the AdBlock extension. Even the best products in the world are now not exempted from some vulnerabilities or just bugs. When that is the case then you can be sure that the developers are always trying to fix such technical issues in a short time span and perhaps the new corrected version of the AdBlock extension is ready to download.
Here’s how you can update AdBlock to its latest version:
- Open the YouTube browser and then go to settings.
- Now, go to extension or go to add on the tab.
- Find AdBlock from the list and then hit the remove or uninstall button next to it.
- Now, go to the extension store of your browser and look for AdBlock.
- Next, you have to click on the blue button add to browser install, and wait till it is completed.
- Now go to youtube.com and try to run the video to see if the ads are gone or not.
So now after reading this post you do know How Fix AdBlock not working on YouTube. These were a few ways by which you can easily fix the AdBlock issue not working on YouTube. These steps are easy to follow. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Kind Of AdBlock Works On YouTube?
ABP which is AdBlock plus is the kind of AdBlock that works on YouTube. It is a different product from AdBlock. The AdBlock team has joined forces with the ABP team. Even AdBlock works on YouTube if you are using your mobile device, but the main issue is that you are using youtube.com from a browser instead of the YouTube app.
Q. Why Is AdBlock Not Working?
There are many reasons YouTube AdBlock that may not work. There are two main reasons. One reason is that extension may not be properly enabled and another reason is that your AdBlock might be under maintenance.
Q. How Do I Get Rid Of Ads on YouTube 2023?
Turn off ads for individual videos:
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Click your profile picture. YouTube Studio.
- In the left Menu, click Content.
- Select the video you want to turn off ads for.
- In the left Menu, click Monetization.
- In the top “Monetization” box, click Off. Apply.
- In the top right, click Save.