Discord is a social media app where you can stay connected with your gamer friends. Today this app has become very popular. Discord provides many built-in appearance themes. Even text formatting is available including many other features. However, the ability to set the status is what makes Discord different from other social media apps. Do you know how to change the status from online to offline? If yes, then you have entered the right post. Here is how to appear offline on Discord.
Though social media apps like WhatsApp and Skype offer status offline and online. Discord however offers many other status options. You will not want to miss out on any important messages, calls, or any interesting chat if you change your online status. If you want to stay logged in without others knowing then you can use the offline option.
There could be times when you want a little peace but still be updated with any message that is sent to you. The offline status of Discord is best during these situations. When you set this status you will appear offline but can still fully access all the functions of the app. So in this blog, we will discuss how to appear offline on Discord.
Moreover, we will also discuss various other types of status. So If you are a new user then you will know about the other status as well.
How To Appear Offline On Discord On Computer Or Mac?
If you want to appear offline on the Discord app on your desktop app then here are some steps that need to be followed.
- On your computer open the Discord app.
- Go to your profile picture.
- You can even go to the web Discord client. Next you need to sign in.
- Now from the menu choose the invisible option.
- You will see a grey dot on your profile icon. This means that your status is offline.
How To Appear Offline On Discord On Your Mobile Devices?
If you are using Discord on your mobile devices and want to set offline status then here are some steps that you can follow:
- Open the Discord app on your phone. Next sign in if not signed in
- Now click on your profile icon.
- From the menu look and click on the set status option.
- Now click on Invisible from the status menu.
- After you have set your status as invisible your profile icon will be shown as a grey dot.
Other Types Of Status On Discord
Besides offline status Discord has other types of statuses as well. Let’s have a look at them too.
- Online: This status will show that you are online. As this is a default status of Discord whenever you open the Discord app you will be shown as online. A green dot will be seen when you are online. You will see a green dot adjacent to your profile icon.
- Idel: This status lets the users know that either you are away or you are doing something else. A yellow dot adjacent to your profile icon means that your status is idle.
- Do not disturb (DND): This status means that you do not want to chat with others. So they shouldn’t disturb you. A red dot on your profile icon means the status is DND. Also when you set your status as DND the notification is muted. So if you are sleeping then this could be a good setting that you can use.
- Custom status: creating Custom status can be really good. You can set a customized display message for each statuses. Moreover, you can even set the custom status to display for a specific time or under a specific condition.
Can You Hide The Game That You Are Playing?
Do you know Discord has a setting that can show the currently running game as your status message?
But this does not get all the games that you play. However, It can pick up many games whether you use Discord or not. So, it is better to turn off this setting. Here are some steps to follow:
- At the bottom left of your screen Choose the tiny cog settings icon.
- Now from the menu choose games activity.
- Next, you need to switch off the option which says to display the currently running game as your status message
So if you want to know how to appear offline on Discord then we have mentioned some of the ways by which you can do it. Setting your status so that you appear offline for gamers can be contradictory. However, there are various reasons for doing it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Will You Miss Out On When You Set Invisible Status?
When you set the invisible status to appear offline on Discord then you will not be restricted in any which way. You can access all the functions of Discord. Just when you are online in the same way you will get access even if you have set your status as invisible. Besides your status being changed nothing else gets changed.
Q. Will You Know Someone Is Online But Is Invisible On Discord?
However, you cannot know whether a person is invisible If they have set their status as invisible on Discord. The grey indicator next to the avatar of the user indicates that they are offline so you will not know whether they are online or not. Even the server admins will not be able to know whether a user is online if they set their status as invisible on Discord.